Code of Conduct

Default Need feedback on the samples I just ordered from Luckyscent and Perfumed Court.

As the newbie I am to the perfume world I took the advice from the wondeful basenoters community and ordered some samples from Luckyscent and Perfumed Court. I tried to venture out of my norm and try some niche and other samples All I was wondering is if you have tried any of these and your feedback on them. I know some are more popular than others so the very niche ones, if any, your experiences with them.
    This is what I ordered:

1-Creed Milliseme Imperial
    2-Creed Bois Du Portugal
    3-Creed Himalya
    4-Chanel Egoiste
    5-Profumum Ichnusa
    6-Cereus No4
    7-Cereus No5
    8-Cereus No11
    9-Divine L'homme de couer
    10- Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Santal Noble
    11-Tauer Perfumes L'Air du desert marocain
    12-Tauer Perfumes Lonestar Memories

Default Re: Need feedback on the samples I just ordered from Luckyscent and Perfumed Court.

My suggestion. Don't read any more replies to this thread until after you've sampled them. Try to keep yourself free of preconceived notions of what it should smell like, and free of expectations (for good or bad) as much as possible.

I know it's hard, but I think it's best to just follow the nose, and going into a scent with too many expectations makes it harder to just 'listen to your nose.' Then, after you've smelled the scent, THEN search up its note list again and then read the reviews again and do more research on it. Well, that's my new approach, anyways (it's hard to stick to though, I can definitely attest to that. )
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 23rd February 2008 at 11:35 PM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Default Re: Need feedback on the samples I just ordered from Luckyscent and Perfumed Court.

Hi TheRomantic,

I am interested in the Cereus, Divine and Tauer fragrances you ordered samples of, so am looking forward to hearing your opinions of them!

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    My suggestion. Don't read any more replies to this thread until after you've sampled them. Try to keep yourself free of preconceived notions of what it should smell like, and free of expectations (for good or bad) as much as possible.

I know it's hard, but I think it's best to just follow the nose, and going into a scent with too many expectations makes it harder to just 'listen to your nose.' Then, after you've smelled the scent, THEN search up its note list again and then read the reviews again and do more research on it. Well, that's my new approach, anyways (it's hard to stick to though, I can definitely attest to that. )
    Good advice.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

^

On this basis, we should refrain from commenting until the gentleman who paid the money for the samples has his say.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRomantic View Post
    All I was wondering is if you have tried any of these and your feedback on them.
    Welcome to the forum:wave:

I agree with the above posts, mostly Of those samples, I've given high marks to:

Creed Millisime Imperiale, Himalaya, and Tauer L'Air du desert marocain.

In the end, you'll know
    Enjoy
    Last edited by silverbullet; 24th February 2008 at 12:52 AM.
    "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation." HERBERT SPENCER

I think it would be helpful for him to know at least the notes... w/o any opinion it is always good to train your nose to recognise them. For example tell him that Egoiste has Vanilla and Rose. but the knowledge of whether it is good or not, well that is his opinion. Or that Bois du Portugal is considered... what? Wood-lather? Information that leves out opinions of value.

Once you've sampled blind, you can read all the reviews and infos to your heart's content. If you need to train your nose, you can always go back to the frag after you've read what notes are supposed to be there. It's better that way, I think.

nice list, can't wait to hear the results!
    current favourites: guerlain vetiver, trumper eucris, adp colonia
    latest swag: cdg man2, lolita lempicka au masculin
    next buys: keiko mecheri oliban, michael by michael kors

What was your experience with The Perfumed Court? Thanks!

Off-Scenter

This old dog's advice is to try the samples on your own skin, then if you haven't already, go ahead and read the many, many reviews in the Basenotes Directory. Then get back to us with any further questions you may have.

Have fun while you're at it!

Another thing is to do your best to resist applying more than one at a time. I see guys at the counter squirting here and there with different scents, not a big deal but not really a fair run for the vials coming your way.