Code of Conduct

Question Anything similar to Lancôme Artliner?

Lancôme has, of course, discontinued my two favorite Artliner shades, Prune & Olive. Cranberry & Action are not acceptable substitutes (too light).... Can anyone suggest another brand of liquid eyeliner that applies as smoothly as Artliner and comes in shades similar to Prune and Olive?

I've tried most drugstore brands, and even if they had the right colors (which they don't), the applicator tip just isn't as nice as Lancôme's. Help!
    --------------------------------------
    I see Laura Mercier offers a Bordeaux shade of liquid eye liner...
    Shu Uemura has Rikancha, a "bronzed plum brown."

Can anyone comment on either of these products?

Or Liquif-Eye, by Too Faced? It's a clear liquid that claims to turn any eyeshadow into liquid liner....
    Last edited by tang; 24th February 2008 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Re: Anything similar to Lancôme Artliner?

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    Lancôme has, of course, discontinued my two favorite Artliner shades, Prune & Olive. Cranberry & Action are not acceptable substitutes (too light).... Can anyone suggest another brand of liquid eyeliner that applies as smoothly as Artliner and comes in shades similar to Prune and Olive?

I've tried most drugstore brands, and even if they had the right colors (which they don't), the applicator tip just isn't as nice as Lancôme's. Help!
    --------------------------------------
    As an entertainment/theatrical makeup artist (on the side) I can tell you, Lancôme is ALWAYS discontinuing their best stuff... like their Flex WP waterproof mascara, which I think was the BEST mascara and had the best curved brush out of any brand I've ever used.
    Anyway, have you tried Mac's Fluidline? It is FANTASTIC and totally foolproof. Goes on really smooth, dries matte, smudge-proof, and the little pot will last you almost forever. You have to use an eyeliner brush though. I swear by this stuff!
    http://www.maccosmetics.com/template...CT_ID=PROD7715
    Macroviolet and Sweet Sage looks like what you're looking for.

Default Re: Anything similar to Lancôme Artliner?

Quixotiq, I have not tried Fluidline, and it sounds perfect. It's hard to tell for sure on a computer screen, but those 2 shades look about right. Thank you for the suggestion!