Code of Conduct

Default Kouros for daily office wear?

Say it put in on very carefully (two sprays at the most). Is it safe to wear it at the office?

Default Re: Kouros for daily office wear?

Being a convert, I asked myself the same question and I found myself saying no. If you can wait for the drydown to kick in to get to the "clean" part, then yes, but it takes several hours to get there on me. I think it would be too distracting for a work situation but I work in a conservative office.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

In short ... no. Its strong as far as sillage, and some folks associate the scent with North American urinal cakes when they smell it. I find it dries down on me to being sex-dirty which isn't good for the office either.

I love it - and have a bottle of it - but wearing it to the office isn't what I would feel comfortable doing.
    Last edited by Bromo33333; 24th February 2008 at 05:11 PM.
    ===
    [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me nave, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross. ~ David Sedaris

I don't currently have it in my wardrobe but wore it for years as my signature scent; never made the urinal cake association; and never had anything but compliments from others--in a conservative office environment! I guess I was lucky. It does have an animal base so you haev to be careful in hot weather and if you sweat. No question, I still think of it as a masterpiece and will soon add it to my wardrobe.
    RM

Quote Originally Posted by thenmarcher View Post
    Being a convert, I asked myself the same question and I found myself saying no. If you can wait for the drydown to kick in to get to the "clean" part, then yes, but it takes several hours to get there on me. I think it would be too distracting for a work situation but I work in a conservative office.

TNMA
    Interesting because I myself consider the clean part to be more in the opening. In the drydown I get that subtle urinal note that comes with the civet getting through. But I would never considering it to be repulsive to others. Unless you put too much, nonwithstanding.

Post Re: Kouros for daily office wear?

I would say yes, if not concentrated too heaily in one spot. Misted from a distance ever so lightly, and I think you should be fine.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

I would say no...if its in a conservative office.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Yes but only 2-3 sprays.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

As long as you are conservative in application and spray under your t-shirt, I don't see why not.

Don't get me wrong...I like this stuff a lot but there are times and places for it. It's very environment-dependent for me, I tend to think of it as an (if not THE) anti-Gendarme.

I think any place whose code is at least business casual is unlikely to be that place, esp. during normal business hours. Feel free to chalk it up to my stateside bias here...perhaps things aren't quite so uptight abroad.

Having said all that, if I was in the mood I probably would give it one small concentrated spray as Ron199 suggested. Especially if I was involved in some sort of power grab/corporate takeover/insert ballsy business move of your choice here where a little f*ck-you attitude can work in your favor.
    Loves of Late: Agua Lavanda, Eau Sauvage, Gendarme, Guerlain Vetiver, Guerlain EdC Imperiale, Ivoire de Balmain, Kenzo PH, Mitsouko, Royall Lyme, Tabac Original

I'm starting to think one should not pay any attention to how people label perfumes. "Evening fragrance" or "suitable for office wear" or "romantic dinner."
    Yes, you will smell a fragrance and recognize that this is more suitable for evenings or for work or whatever, but sticking to those rules most of the time is just boring.