Code of Conduct

Default For all you Spiritueuse Double Vanille-lovers

Inspired by eric - another Spiritueuse Double Vanille-lover - I have translated the text on the bottle's back label that tells a small story about vanilla - the indispensable Guerlain-ingredient. You can read it here (scroll down to Spiritueuse Double Vanille): http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ogID=354335717

Default Re: For all you Spiritueuse Double Vanille-lovers

Aww, that's so cool ! And so fast too! A big thank you! I really regret the fact I dropped French in my school days.

I love the fact, that they put that small piece of history at the back of the bottle.

Thanks man!

Very interesting. Thanks.

Y'all welcome! Actually I just edited a small part, not of the translation, but of my text about Spiritueuse Double Vanille. While doing the dishes (I have no idea why it was then!) I wondered why Guerlain chose so many semi-erotic words to explain the fertilization of the vanilla plant. Then I remembered that Spiritueuse Double Vanille is marketed as an aphrodisiac. It all makes sense then...

Thanks Ulrik.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Thanks Ulrik!
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

Basenotes Institution

Thanks Ulrik - now all of the bee imagery on the bottle makes sense (I always thought it referred to honey notes in the fragrance...duh!)
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Well, I assume that the red sealing wax symbol of the bee on this bottle could have several meanings. After all, the bee has been a Guerlain-symbol since 1853. The bee was the royal symbol of Napoléon, and after his wife Eugénie liked EdC Impériale, Guerlain engraved their bottles with the bee symbol - the, now famous, bee bottles. Read more here: http://freemasonry.bcy.ca/symbolism/bees.html

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Thanks Ulrik - now all of the bee imagery on the bottle makes sense (I always thought it referred to honey notes in the fragrance...duh!)