Code of Conduct

Default Searching for a unique signature scent?

I have been looking for a fragrance that I am able to wear year long, while being unique, not like all the other people at school (age 18). I'm looking for anything that you would think would suit my age, medium to medium-low sillage (I don't want to have the entire class smelling it :P), and most importantly something unique that not every guy and girl smells on every guy that walks through the walls. Something very enjoyable (only preferance is NO sweet woody fragrances, like PE I'm not much of a fan of that style)

The stores I have access to is: (I cannot purchase ANY online, stores only)

*All dept stores (Sears, Lord and Taylor, Macy's)
    *Sephora
    *L'Occitane

Thanks for the help

Default Re: Searching for a unique signature scent?

i have always thought im buying my signature scent on most of my purchases but it never happens.....but, the only colonge that i always go back to and would probabaly enjoy when older would have ot be the lagerfeld classic and to an extent baldessarini...
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by smwyea View Post
    I have been looking for a fragrance that I am able to wear year long, while being unique, not like all the other people at school (age 18). I'm looking for anything that you would think would suit my age, medium to medium-low sillage (I don't want to have the entire class smelling it :P), and most importantly something unique that not every guy and girl smells on every guy that walks through the walls. Something very enjoyable (only preferance is NO sweet woody fragrances, like PE I'm not much of a fan of that style)

*Sephora
    *L'Occitane

Thanks for the help

ooops.. you are 18 - i missed that..dont you feel its too early for a signature scent... somehow, i feel hugo boss XY would be a nice fit for you...
    Last edited by jenson; 25th February 2008 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Try L'occitane Vetyver - its similar to Gucci's Envy, but different enough that people will hopefully not confuse the two. Its also not as potent as Envy (to my nose, anyway)

smwyea ... Good luck searching ..

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

searching = the fun part
    current favourites: guerlain vetiver, trumper eucris, adp colonia
    latest swag: cdg man2, lolita lempicka au masculin
    next buys: keiko mecheri oliban, michael by michael kors

Give these ones a try

Antidote
    Dior Higher
    Arpège PH

They are imo youthfull yet far from what you can smell everywhere

Basenotes Institution

Concentree d'Orange Verte by Hermes. It can be found at Sephora.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I don't know why, but Bulgari Soir is coming to mind right now. I think that is one of the best Sephora has to offer lately.

You can walk through walls?
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Quote Originally Posted by smwyea View Post

*Sephora
    *L'Occitane

Thanks for the help
    I think you're going to have to get out of the department stores if you don't want to smell like everyone around you. If you're near The Marina Mall in Abu Dhabi, I can highly recommend M.Micallaf Perfumes. They have fantastic high quality fragrances and a nice selection that I think would fit your personality. If you're currently not living there, maybe a friend or relative can assist you.
    Last edited by thebeck; 26th February 2008 at 03:14 PM. Reason: add verbage

Eau Savage; a classic.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    I think you're going to have to get out of the department stores if you don't want to smell like everyone around you. If you're near The Marina Mall in Abu Dhabi, I can highly recommend M.Micallaf Perfumes. They have fantastic high quality fragrances and a nice selection that I think would fit your personality. If you're currently not living there, maybe a friend or relative can assist you.
    Off topic, I think most people who have "Abu Dabi" as their listed country is either 1) Too lazy to change it to their respective country 2) Didn't realize that was the country listed by default on their profiles. 3) On the rare occurrence, someone is actually FROM Abu Dabi.

If you want unique, there is nothing that screams unique more than Comme des Garcons' "Garage". No one else will be wearing it, so you don't have to worry about smelling like all the others. Garage is the way to go!

Hello, my daughter is 17 and has been wearing Jasper Conran Woman for a while now. It`s quite unique and understated not girly at all, it doesn`t `attack` you, but lies very close to the skin if you know what I mean. No-one elso at school seems to have it but ask what she`s wearing. Anyway check it out here I`m not sure if you can get it out of UK. She`s now going on to Baiser du Dragon by Cartier which is more noticable, more insence like. Another you may like is Niki de Saint Phalle very unique. The JC Woman is not expensive, have fun.

You're asking for advice for a *signature* scent; doesn't that defeat the purpose of it?
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Concentree d'Orange Verte by Hermes. It can be found at Sephora.
    I second Mikeperez23! I would say that this is a good one to see if it could be the 1 bottle you own and use (if that is "signature scent").
    ===
    “… [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me naïve, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross.” ~ David Sedaris

Smile Re: Searching for a unique signature scent?

Paul Smith "London" (Smells like a combo of english polo mints and brandy)

Versace "The Dreamer" (Smells like fresh tobacco leaf and juniper)

Both are unique, VERY out of the ordinary and you will stand out.