Code of Conduct
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Default Re: On Getting Free Samples from Companies Now

And you just helped it Dimitri :P But, to be fair, most people on basenotes are authentic, and are most definitely likely to buy something that they love in some sort of way Hence, the companies, if they do send out samples, are just making more money

Yes I understand I am perpetuating the bumping of the thread Vivek, but I feel that plentiful mails to the same companies requesting samples over, lets say a 24-48 hour period will send up a red flag. In turn, its likely to result in a denial, as opposed to a positive response.
    All I am saying is people should remain tactful and respectful, exercise some patience, and use their good judgement when choosing when to approach these houses.

*steps off soapbox*

Thumbs up Re: On Getting Free Samples from Companies Now

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    Yes I understand I am perpetuating the bumping of the thread Vivek
    I was joking, lol, simply because I replied Didn't mean to come off as abrasive :P

I got samples from L'Artisan yesterday. Had to pay $7 shipping, but it was well worth it. I ordered 5 but they threw in 6 - plus, there was a handwritten note inside saying thanks for your interest, etc... Very well done, L'Artisan!

Even better is Amouage. I just sent an e-mail to their rep here in the states (e-mail addy gotten off their main website contact details) just saying could you send me a sample of Dia and Reflection Men and less than a week later, I get a package in the mail with FOUR samples - they threw in Ciel and their latest Jubilation! Best part is they didn't charge me for anything - not even the shipping! And let me tell ya - the mini 2 ml sample bottles are probably the best I've ever seen... they're glass with an atomizer and even a cap... they say the name of the juice on the outside as well. After I finish the samples, I'm going to unscrew the bottles and use them for my own decant needs. I've decided that (granted I like one of them) my next purchase will be Amouage. Double props!
    Last edited by akshay03; 22nd March 2008 at 07:23 PM.

Can anyone explain this?

E-mail from Editions de Parfums

Dear xxxxxxxxx(dont want to post real name here),

Thank you for your interest in our Editions de Parfums.

After reading your questionnaire, I think you could love L’EAU D’HIVER.

Nevertheless, if you were to pay us a visit, I would also show you ANGELIQUES SOUS LA PLUIE.

Best regards

Tiphaine

So are they sending me a sample or not ? I filled out the questionnaire on the site and yeah they sent me that e-mail. I was really hoping to get Musc Ravageur =\ I even answered this on the first question:

Do you have any particular desire at the moment? : To try Musc Ravageur

I wonder how they could've not seen that or just ignored it. Well anyway I'm confused and I don't know if I'm receiving anything or not.
    Last edited by RomanceSilver; 22nd March 2008 at 07:52 PM.

Mail them back saying you don't live near a FM sotckist (which i'm presuming you don't) blah di blah di blah, and that you'd love some samples.

Et voila. Jouir votre enchantillons gratuits. (Enjoy your free samples)

Alright...quick update here. Recently, I received generous samples from Amouage. I was also pretty happy to see something in the mail from Paris, and it was from Serge Lutens. Even though they pretty much just gave me the scents on cards and not vials, i'm still very happy. So to review, I got free samples from Montale, Amouage, Serge Lutens, and Truefett and Hill...So now I know which companies really do customer service right.

Default Is there any site on the internet where you can get free perfume-samples?

Is there any site on the internet where you can order free perfume-samples, or to cheap price?

Default Re: Is there any site on the internet where you can get free perfume-samples?

I e-mailed the Amouage rep here and just provided my shipping address and asked for samples. The guy was nice enough to send them to me, free of charge. Sometimes it helps to go to the various perfume sites and just ask them if they would send you some samples. Often times all they ask of you is to pay the shipping costs.

Default Re: Is there any site on the internet where you can get free perfume-samples?

Your best bet is calling stores and asking for them, politely of course.

Actually I found one site where you can buy perfume samples for $2.99 including shipping!
    http://scentmonkey.com

But they only ship to the US

Is there any site where you can buy cheap 2ml vial-samples?

Not really for free. You can contact the individual companies and ask for samples. Some will respond, some will not even respond, some will mail you the samples and some will ask for money for their own samples! I haven't had any luck using this method.
    If you're serious about sampling, learning, and collecting, I recommend The Perfumed Court. Their sample prices are cheaper than many other places; the vials are filled up completely; and the selcetion of hard-to-find and exclusive niche that you can't even think about in the US can't be beat.
    My other options are always Aedes de Venustas and Luckyscent and Lusciouscargo. They're all great but come after TPC for me; for items that TPC may not carry (very few).
    Also, a lot of places will provide free samples (specifically requested titles) with your purchase. Luscious and Lucy, etc. among them.
    If you purchase samples and don't like them or can't use them, you can always swap with other Basenoters or give them away. They also make fun little things to give to friends as little gifts/favors.
    Just as a side note, if you have a Sephora near you, they also make a small sample of a frag you ask for. This is a little limiting and not practical all the time.
    RM

Blog Entries

go into a shop and ask em...they always give me a handful of samples. i generally toss most of them though, as they're mostly not in my taste...

Quote Originally Posted by swe_tiger View Post
    Actually I found one site where you can buy perfume samples for $2.99 including shipping!
    http://scentmonkey.com

But they only ship to the US

Is there any site where you can buy cheap 2ml vial-samples?
    No, they ship internationally, you have to call them first though and ask about the shipping costs to your country.

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceSilver View Post
    No, they ship internationally, you have to call them first though and ask about the shipping costs to your country.
    I asked them, and they said that they didnt shipped samples internationally. Have you order samples from there?

A couple of years ago I asked for and received samples from Geo F Trumper and Frédéric Malle.
    Trumper sent me a nice collection of samples including shaving creams and Malle sent me 3 generous samples with a hand signed note from France. Class.

Glad this thread got bumped again. A question popped up, do those who are in the US get samples from overseas without questions asked? i.e. customs/postage stuff

Yeah some companies pay for everything...Like, say, montale sent me four samples from Paris and paid for customs, postage, etc. As a quick aside, now whenever I ask any company for samples I always try to compensate them. I offer to pay full shipping/handling plus for the samples if they want, as well. I think it's much more fair that way. Usually the companies will insist that I dont, but I always offer. Also...I don't think Frederick Malle sends out samples anymore (at least to the US). I did their survey numerous times with them telling me to go to Barneys in Beverly Hills, (which is a little far from me) and most recently offered to pay for the full shipping + for the samples too, and they said that they didn't have any samples left and that they would send to me some scented cards. Oh well, better than nothing. Hello Perfumedcourt!

Unhappy Re: On Getting Free Samples from Companies Now

That also depends on importers or distributors. I have asked samples from Amouage but the person asked me to come down to Changi Airport Terminal 3 as they have their stand there. The person also forwarded my email to the distributor in Singapore and they sent me lotion and hand cream instead of fragrance which is very odd and disappointing.

trumpers asked me for shipping but i live far so that was understandable. i've actually bought from everyone that sent me free samples. i think there's something about trying it in your home for a few days than just sniffing them from a counter.

stuff that i bought that sent free samples.

t&h spanish leather
    fm musk ravageur
    possibly mh cuir d'oranger

You could try lesscenteurs.com - it's the famous Les Scenteurs shop in London. They have a sample service but you have to pay for them. However, if you're desperate to smell something it can be cheaper than a bad blind buy.

Second suggestion is to go to the Frederic Malle website and take their online test to find out which perfumes in their range would suit you best. You'll receive an email from them with the answer. If you ask them very nicely if it would be possible to find samples of these fragrances and offer them your land address, you may be lucky and receive a package.

The 'Contact us' page of Serge Lutens' website (Palais Royale de Shiseido) is the place to ask sweetly for a set of wax samples of their range.

And perhaps you could swap samples here on the BN marketplace?
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Question what sites are giving away free samples??

i know vera wang is still sending out samples of princess, but are there other sites that are sending them out as well?? i'm on a low buy/no buy right now and going to sephora to smell things will get me in trouble and entice me to buy stuff...but i still want new stuff to try! any help would be appreciated - including sites with beauty products as well. thanks a lot in advance!
    http://www.myspace.com/mermaidsushi
    http://www.myspace.com/longdistancelovers

my all-time faves include anna sui, vera wang princess, nanette lepore, miracle, amor amor, juicy couture, ralph rocks & betsey johnson

decants i'm looking for:
    a sample vial/decant of viva la juicy by juicy couture
    anna sui scents (other than the original)

Default Re: what sites are giving away free samples??

Try contacting the folks at Divine. They sent me a set of free samples of their mens and womens lines. Beautiful scents.

Teddius

Grrr, I just contacted them to get a sample of their two men's scents, and they directed me back to their site where a sample set is 10 Euro, plus a ridiculous amount to ship to America (14 Euro I think). Darn it!!! I've had no luck with the Frederic Malle survey thing either. They always tell me to go to Barneys.

Yes I've been hearing on MUA that many of them do not get the Frederic Malle samples anymore. Even those who don't live near a stockist.

Try contacting a few niche companies. I've had luck with L'Artisan, Creed (the boutique in my country), Serge Lutens (wax sample set), Ormonde Jayne, Robert Piguet, Molinard and Il Profumo, all from emailing them expressing interest in a couple of their fragrances. So perhaps try those houses. Good luck!
    Last edited by jillsy; 2nd August 2008 at 01:57 AM.

Not free, but you can get I guess around 15 samples (one of every sort) from Les Parfums de Rosine at the official website, for 15 euros, *worldwide shipping included*!

Sample Purchase Page

I ordered mine a few days ago. I think they are all female scents too.

Thanks for the link, beltz, to the Rosine line. I just ordered the set. 15 samples for 18 euros (not 15 anymore!) with free ship is a good deal!.
    I'd like to add that Hampton Court has a large selection of nice samples for $1 each, with shipping about $7 in the US but I think they ship internationally too. They have almost 150 samples for sale, many niche, and you can get up to 2 of each. Sure better than $3-$5 per sample for niche on other sites! The website is hamptonct.com.

That site looks great!

They do ship internationally too.

Les Parfums de Rosine shipped fast. I received my samples yesterday, while I was sleeping.

I woke up, put 3 of them on, went back to bed. This morning my pillows, my room... everything smelled of roses. That was sexcellent.

Blog Entries

Not free, but I'd like to put in a plug for Aedes-- seven niche samples for $15 shipped. Their website mentions they use .1 oz glass vials, and I can attest that they fill them full. Many Serge Lutens samples, however, are carded manufacturer's .04 oz samples. Still plenty of juice to get to know the fragrance.

http://www.aedes.com/samples.php
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast