Code of Conduct
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
    Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default Re: On Getting Free Samples from Companies Now

Quote Originally Posted by Icy56 View Post

edit: dang, it wouldn't show the picture
    Try uploading your photo to a hosting service like Photobucket, then use their image link for forums in your post.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    I don't know about how many samples Aedes will send-- my guess is 7 is the limit but if you visit there in person you can get some samples free.
    Aedes is great...they sent me 8 samples, they included the one I put as extra in case they didn't have one in stock. Plus they'll take the cost of the samples off the bottle if you decide to purchase from them.

Thanks everyone for the info here, I've contacted Hermes with hopes of a few samples, the last time I ordered from their NY boutique they sent 4ml samples of each of the 15ml travel sprays I ordered already. Seemed very generous.

update: that was fast, Hermes response saying they'd be happy to send samples. Looks like I'll be trying a few more from the hermessence line.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    Aedes is great...they sent me 8 samples, they included the one I put as extra in case they didn't have one in stock. Plus they'll take the cost of the samples off the bottle if you decide to purchase from them.
    That's the first I've heard of their taking the cost of the samples off a subsequent full bottle purchase of one of the samples-- good to know that.

That's the first I've heard of their taking the cost of the samples off a subsequent full bottle purchase of one of the samples-- good to know that.
    You know...I thought the last sample Order I got with them had a code for $15 off (the sample price) but I just ordered another set today and it said $5...I'll have to confirm it when I get the package.

Default Re: getting free company samples

This new fragrance 'House of Thara' keeps popping up...I was in Dubai last week and seen a beautiful ad in Snob magazine, when i arrived home the same ad was in this month Mayfair Times, i was so intrigued by the beautiful ad that i called the number and spoke to a lovely young lady who said she would send me out a sample which arrived through my letter box this morning, i have to say its a fabulous fresh scent, i will definetly be purchasing a bottle, the lady said the site is being re-built as we speak but can still purchase exclusivly online. www.houseofthara.com its worth sending them an email through the site to get a free tester as like me im sure you will not be disapointed!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

You know...I thought the last sample Order I got with them had a code for $15 off (the sample price) but I just ordered another set today and it said $5...I'll have to confirm it when I get the package.
    Actually I looked on the Aedes website today and I see that it is, in fact, $5 (toward a full bottle of something one had gotten a sample of)-- but $5 is good. Certainly better than nothing!

Have tried several of these emails to a number of houses. Being based in Europe the response was hugely different. Hermes politely said no to samples informing me I should drive over the Pennines to Manchester to try their frags at the boutique there. The cost of that is approximately £20 plus parking....erm not gonna happen just to spray my wrist
    Dior just said no.
    Lutens didn't even bother replying.

I guess customer service in Europe has some way to to to catch up with the US in all things
    Last edited by Alityke; 19th March 2012 at 06:56 PM.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Diptyque used to send samples on request; they no longer do. I asked for one sample today and received this reply:

Dear [30 Roses],

Thank you for your interest in our products. Unfortunately, we do not offer samples by mail. However, when you make a purchase on our website, we include a free sample with each order.

We look forward to working with you in the future.

Best,

diptyque Client Services

I just wanted to mention, I got an envelope from hermes with 2 samples from the hermessence line, but they must read through the emails and just pinpoint the names, because they sent ones I mentioned I had and enjoyed. So if you email them, only include the names of what you want. I emailed them back and they seemed happy enough to send another package. Can't argue with that.

I also got a response from serge lutens and they made it sound like they were sending out some that I requested. I'll see what I get though

Default High end designer / niche sites that offer free samples ?

Looking for new scents to try out. Any recommended sites to try out ? So far hermes is the only 1 i got.

Default Re: High end designer / niche sites that offer free samples ?

Try emailing them and asking politely

Serge Lutens told me they sent out something, I'm not quit sure what it is but I think it's a book of their scents,, I guess to smell but not to wear. Haven't gotten it yet. Hermes is pretty generous though.

Basenotes Member

Floris will send you samples.

I think that Les Parfum de Rosine will also send samples if you e-mail them.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Serge Lutens told me they sent out something, I'm not quit sure what it is but I think it's a book of their scents,, I guess to smell but not to wear. Haven't gotten it yet. Hermes is pretty generous though.
    They send soft wax samples that can be smoothed on skin like a solid perfume. I found these pretty good for testing purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I think that Les Parfum de Rosine will also send samples if you e-mail them.
    Rosine sells samples in sets of 3 or 15-- see the listing for "echantillons" in their boutique; they're a good deal as it includes shipping: http://www.les-parfums-de-rosine.com...t&rub=boutique

Trumper sent me 7 samples when I told them I wanted to try some of their fragrances. Some are really good too.

Quote Originally Posted by rearviewmirror View Post
    Floris will send you samples.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by posthuman View Post
    Trumper sent me 7 samples when I told them I wanted to try some of their fragrances. Some are really good too.
    Samples on the way

Thanks

Sign up for the Floris news letter. Shortly afterwards I got asked if I would like some of their samples from the Private Collection. I politely asked if I could get some samples from their Floris for Men range instead. Floris sent me seven Floris for Men samples. I liked Floris Santal so much I bought the EDT.

Quote Originally Posted by Beftus View Post
    Sign up for the Floris news letter. Shortly afterwards I got asked if I would like some of their samples from the Private Collection. I politely asked if I could get some samples from their Floris for Men range instead. Floris sent me seven Floris for Men samples. I liked Floris Santal so much I bought the EDT.
    Thanks will give that a try

Well, been making use of Basenotes reviews/forums for a while now, so I figure I better finally contribute something

Thought I'd share my successes so far re: sample requests. Got personalized emails back from Hermes, Annick Goutal, Penhaligon's, and Geo F Trumper within 24 hrs, all saying they'd be sending samples shortly. No emails back yet from L'Artisan, Miller Harris, or James Heeley. No outright rejections yet either though

My MO has been include a brief, polite introduction, telling the company how I cannot find their products locally. Then, I'll list 2 - 4 specific fragrances I'm interested in. My thought is that having a few you'd actually like to try - as opposed to saying, "Hey, just send me some samples, I don't care what." - is more effective/believable. So far, so good!

Will be sure to post updates as the packages arrive, others respond, etc.

Thanks again to all you Basenoters for your assistance as I begin my exploration of the HUGE world of fragrance!

Quote Originally Posted by bleedredandblue View Post
    Well, been making use of Basenotes reviews/forums for a while now, so I figure I better finally contribute something

Thought I'd share my successes so far re: sample requests. Got personalized emails back from Hermes, Annick Goutal, Penhaligon's, and Geo F Trumper within 24 hrs, all saying they'd be sending samples shortly. No emails back yet from L'Artisan, Miller Harris, or James Heeley. No outright rejections yet either though

My MO has been include a brief, polite introduction, telling the company how I cannot find their products locally. Then, I'll list 2 - 4 specific fragrances I'm interested in. My thought is that having a few you'd actually like to try - as opposed to saying, "Hey, just send me some samples, I don't care what." - is more effective/believable. So far, so good!

Will be sure to post updates as the packages arrive, others respond, etc.

Thanks again to all you Basenoters for your assistance as I begin my exploration of the HUGE world of fragrance!
    What address did you send a note to for Annick Goutal? I just received a form letter from them stating they don't provide samples. I emailed their boutique as I wasn't really sure who to contact.

P
    Diptyque used to send samples on request; they no longer do. I asked for one sample today and received this reply:

Dear [30 Roses],

Thank you for your interest in our products. Unfortunately, we do not offer samples by mail. However, when you make a purchase on our website, we include a free sample with each order.

We look forward to working with you in the future.

Best,

diptyque Client Services
    I received the same email as 30 Roses when I made my request. But they also provided the name of a locally owned, women's fashion boutique that carries some of their line. It wasn't a retailer I would have ever associated with offering fragrances so it was a nice to make the discovery. The SA at the boutique was very patient and generously gave me several Diptyque manufacturer samples. However, they only carry about 5 fragrances from the line so not all the fragrances I wanted to sample were available. I wish Diptyque offered some way to make samples available directly to customers. I'd pay and made that apparent in my original email.

Thank you, apparently I had somehow emailed the online boutique and not customer service. Here's hoping I get a better response this time. I'd really like to try Ninfeo Mio--it has almost a wet asphalt smell to me that I need a little more time with before I decide whether I want a bottle. Now I just need to find a sample of Nuit Etoilee. It smells amazing on paper, but the day I smelled it I already had on another scent so I didn't get a chance to try it on skin.

Also received an e-mail from Huiteme Art directing me to luckyscent or a few other websites to receive samples. Since I've never smelled anything in the line I'll start with one and see if it seems like a line I'd be into.

Quote Originally Posted by volguy85 View Post
    Thank you, apparently I had somehow emailed the online boutique and not customer service. Here's hoping I get a better response this time. I'd really like to try Ninfeo Mio--it has almost a wet asphalt smell to me that I need a little more time with before I decide whether I want a bottle. Now I just need to find a sample of Nuit Etoilee. It smells amazing on paper, but the day I smelled it I already had on another scent so I didn't get a chance to try it on skin.

Also received an e-mail from Huiteme Art directing me to luckyscent or a few other websites to receive samples. Since I've never smelled anything in the line I'll start with one and see if it seems like a line I'd be into.
    Hope you have better luck with the new contact info!

They're sending Nuits d'Hadrien, Mandragore and Mandragore Pourpre (had asked for Vetiver but they didn't have it in sample form and the rep said Pourpre had vetiver in the base). Excited to give them a whirl as I can't find anywhere to try them where I live.

I just wanted to mention, I got an envelope from hermes with 2 samples from the hermessence line, but they must read through the emails and just pinpoint the names, because they sent ones I mentioned I had and enjoyed. So if you email them, only include the names of what you want. I emailed them back and they seemed happy enough to send another package. Can't argue with that
    I emailed Hermes about acquiring some samples and was told they only give them out for professional purposes and that I would have to travel to one of their stores.
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I emailed Hermes about acquiring some samples and was told they only give them out for professional purposes and that I would have to travel to one of their stores.
    Jack - I went through the "Contact Us" form on the Hermes USA store website (http://usa.hermes.com/customer-service/contact-us/usa). (I know that's the US version - perhaps there's also one for the UK or EU?) Anyway, specified the frags I was interested in. That got me an email a day later saying they'd be sending a package. A couple from the Jardin series and Vetiver Tonka on the way!
    Last edited by bleedredandblue; 16th April 2012 at 08:00 PM.

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast