Code of Conduct
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Default Re: Geo F. Trumper---Free samples, *class act.

They'll ship free samples to the US if you ask?

Quote Originally Posted by sean557 View Post
    I've contacted various European fragrance houses, from boutique to mainstream, when interested in skin testing a scent before purchase, and most will send a sample to the US, but it's shipped from a US based vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by sean557 View Post
    That depends on what company you're dealing with. You have to e-mail customer service and ask.
    Hermès will send you one sample for free.
    Some companies will charge you for shipping and some will simply ignore you completely.
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by dealt7faux View Post
    That depends on what company you're dealing with. You have to e-mail customer service and ask.
    Hermès will send you one sample for free.
    Some companies will charge you for shipping and some will simply ignore you completely.
    Good luck.
    I was asking about Trumper, but are there any other companies that send you samples (besides Hermes and Mugler)

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: On Getting Free Samples from Companies Now

Quote Originally Posted by dealt7faux View Post
    I tried contacting Frederic Malle customer service regarding samples, but never received the courtesy of a reply. So I will cross them off the list and move on.
    They have a section on their web site, FIND YOUR SIGNATURE - fill this out and they will respond via email with their recommendations. Then, call them at the number in the email and tell them you received their message, and whether you go with their recommendations or pick other scents - they will happily send you 3 samples for a flat $20 fee. I haven't done this in a very long time as I now own all the FM fragrances I like already, but when I did use this service, they were extremely helpful and accommodating - in fact I received 5 samples for the same $20 fee. I did not ask for extras, the girl I spoke with simply wanted me to try couple other fragrances, based on my description of what I liked - and the samples *I* chose were not exactly what she was recommending.

Also - any time you order anything from FM, they are more than happy to include samples of other fragrances completely free. Then again - most companies are happy to include samples with purchase. Obviously don't expect handouts and don't be a total dick just calling to ask for a bunch of free samples, then ask for more and more as the conversation continues (because with that kind of attitude you likely won't get any at all) - but know that if you are a paying customer, they will try to accommodate your requests. And FM sales people are, in my experience, always very accommodating, often going beyond my expectations as a customer.
    Currently wearing: Furyo by Jacques Bogart

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    They have a section on their web site, FIND YOUR SIGNATURE - fill this out and they will respond via email with their recommendations. Then, call them at the number in the email and tell them you received their message, and whether you go with their recommendations or pick other scents - they will happily send you 3 samples for a flat $20 fee. I haven't done this in a very long time as I now own all the FM fragrances I like already, but when I did use this service, they were extremely helpful and accommodating - in fact I received 5 samples for the same $20 fee. I did not ask for extras, the girl I spoke with simply wanted me to try couple other fragrances, based on my description of what I liked - and the samples *I* chose were not exactly what she was recommending.

Also - any time you order anything from FM, they are more than happy to include samples of other fragrances completely free. Then again - most companies are happy to include samples with purchase. Obviously don't expect handouts and don't be a total dick just calling to ask for a bunch of free samples, then ask for more and more as the conversation continues (because with that kind of attitude you likely won't get any at all) - but know that if you are a paying customer, they will try to accommodate your requests. And FM sales people are, in my experience, always very accommodating, often going beyond my expectations as a customer.
    Thank you for the reply and link.
    I just wish FM customer service had told me as much considering in my e-mail to them I made a point of asking how I could purchase samples.
    Thanks again!

Basenotes Plus

Thanks for the heads up. I try a lot of samples because I find that longevity is very important for me when considering if i will purchase a FB of a scent or not. I enjoy some scents, e.g. Jo Malone Oud and Bergamot, but hesitate to purchase a FB based on its temporariness on my skin.
    Currently wearing: Antaeus by Chanel

totally agree!

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27