Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Default Re: getting free company samples

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrant_Violet
    Hi Slim;

The ones L'Artisan sent me was one of those typical 1ml vials, but I was surprised they had sent me 7 samples.... Wow, Malle sent you two 5ml spray decants? You know what? Let me give it a try! Thansk for the info. ;D

VV

So far, L'Artisan has completely ignored my email.

Mugler on the other hand, sent me a fabulous package. Cologne samples of A*Men, B*Men, and Mugler, along with face creame, shampoos, etc.

(RANT WARNING)
    Editions de Parfums (Frederic Malle) wrote and told me they would not send samples as I live in london where there is one outlet; les senteurs. This makes no sense as les senteurs ship worldwide, so why does it make any difference where I live? They could just as well send samples to Australia. Though I live in london, it is very difficult for me to get to the shop.

Also les senteurs offer a very poor service in my experience. They have charged me twice for an order of £150 then failed to appologise. They have also "lost" one sample order I made after charging me and got two others wrong. Thats four errors out of four orders, so I do not want to use them.

So malle has lost a customer.
    Last edited by hirch_duckfinder; 27th June 2006 at 09:00 PM.

acqua di parma sent samples in three days!

I told them I love the cologne and asked for after-shave samples. Top stuff!!!

(wanders off quacking happily.....)
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Smile Re: getting free company samples

Received my first samples from L'Artisan a few days ago. Emailed them on 12th telling how I've heard nice things about their products and how it's hard to sample them here.

That was nice and the first time seems exciting in this area, too :-) (tm)

If anyone is interested, I just received samples of Lacoste PH, PF, Style, Essential, Touch of Pink, and Cool Play in the mail. It did take a while, but it was free through their site and I have received everything I applied for.

Well I got positive responses from trumpers, malle, ormande...amouage reccomended I buy the sample pack but I think that was because I accidently sent an email meant for Lartisan to Amouage OOPs! I cringed as soon as I did it.......

Could you guys give me an idea what you said to amouage...I really want to try their frags....Ill use my girlfriends name to send them to her......

Chris

bump

Today, I recieved a package containing samples of Molinard Homme I and III, Teck, Rafale, Double Fraicheur, Madrigal and MM...Took only a week or so, and this was to Norway..Not bad

I got so ticked off when someone at Keiko Mecheri emailed back saying that in order to keep costs down, they will not be sending samples to me, but to hold tight and will be available at my Neiman-Marcus very soon.

What a bunch of tightwads!

I have had nothing but good experiences with my sample requests. The sole negative came from Guerlain, but they were very polite. Truefit & Hill hooked me up with an extremely generous array. I received measures of 10 different products:

Spanish Leather (I'm wearing this now and it rocks)
    West Indian Limes
    Clubman
    Grafton
    Trafalgar
    1805 (2 vials of this)
    T&H Pre-Shave Oil
    1805 Shaving Cream
    Ultimate Comfort Shaving Cream
    Ultimate Comfort Aftershave Balm

T&H is now on my must-buy list.

Ormande Jayne got my samples her in 2 business days from britain to NC!!! and i love their frags

I have not heard a response from Lartisan or amouage...should I re email?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugsley_f5
    Ormande Jayne got my samples her in 2 business days from britain to NC!!! and i love their frags

I have not heard a response from Lartisan or amouage...should I re email?
    i have not had a lot of success with l'artisan (2 of the 3 bottles exploded in transit, and they haven't responded to my request to resend the lost samples), but amouage ha been /exceedingly/ generous with their samples. they have been quick to respond to emails as well, so my guess is that your email got lost somehow along the way. so, yes, i would re-email amouage, as i'm sure they'll be more than happy to accomodate your request. (btw, you might want to try this email address for their chicago branch: [email protected])
    Last edited by pas2iche; 3rd July 2006 at 08:44 PM.

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to let you know....I was reading and posting on the "free sample" Thread about getting some exotic samples to try and possibly buy down the road and i wanted to tell you how impressed I am by the service at Ormonde Jayne, I sent the request to them on thursday night late and today monday I got the samples all the way from the UK! Thats fast service! Not only that but I love the iskafarand (sp) and Ormand PH fragrances they are almost like Creed in their complexity and depth....I think I am gonna splurge and buy a bottle of each..... The ormand ph smells like M7 musk and mystery with the sweetness underneath it of Vera Wang.....the Iskafarand smells like the dry down of some really really good fragrances (like issey blue) but thats the top notes and when it drys down it metomorphisizes into something even better!

They have a customer for life here because of their fragrances and the outstanding service.

Chris (Pugsley)

did you email amouage at the address i gave you? any success?

i'll respond here, as i think everyone could benefit from knowing how to best inquire about samples. it's really quite simple for me, as i live in a fairly remote town in the midwest. so, i explain how difficult it is for me to gain access to stores with company X's fragrances, that i would like to sample their product before investing a lot of money in a larger bottle, and then i thank them nicely for any help they can provide. most of the companies i've had contact with are sympathetic to my plight (living in the midwest can be brutal in regards to fashion and fragrance), and the ones that are not so sympathetic simply decline. nothing gained, nothing lost. a note to any company rep. reading this thread: those companies that are sympathetic gain customers for life (i'm thinking dyptique, bond no. 9, montale).

what is a good spectrum of montales fragrances that I should request to find a few I like?

bump

I sent to Malle, Trumper, and Amouage. I sent one directly to Malle about Musc Ravageur and I'm already getting that one I know. I also did the quiz and someone got back to me ASAP recommending things, but I asked for samp-les and I'm positive I'll get one or two of those also. Trumper is sending samples. I have yet to receive a reply from Amouage. If I don't I'll be sure to email them again. Ciel Men looks pretty damn good to me. Also Ormonde Jayne is sending me samples too. I have to try Divine and L'artisans. Any other places I should try?
    Last edited by Spiritussancti; 4th July 2006 at 04:06 PM.

Haven't received from Trumper's...but Truefitt and Hill sent a VERY generous amount of samples, ALL of their men's juices and some shaving products...can't wait to try the shave cream, of which they sent 2. Malle was MORE than generous with their 5 ml samplers...those will be my next purchases without a doubt...absolutely fantastic service...I genuinely wanted to try them and they were much more than helpful. 5 ml's each of Vetiver Extrordinaire, Musc Ravageur, and Bigarrade Concentree...FANTASTIC...with a hand written note...very nice...like I said, those are my next purchases without a doubt....

Can someone give me the website for Divine? I can't seem to find it.

a friend of mine is having a /terrible/ experience with frederic malle right now. she requested some samples, they asked her to fill out their questionaire, and then they told her to go buy some herself at her local retailer. the only reason she even contacted them is because she /doesn't/ have a "local retailer", which she explained to them in the first email she sent. is this how they treat potential customers??? has anyone else here had difficulty with them? and, if so, how did you solve the problem? or did you just give up?

What should I say that would make me sound interested enough to send me samples?
    Currently wearing: Vétiver by Annick Goutal

Say there's no retailer and that you've heard wonderful things about their scents, but don't know which one is for you. Then say that it would be very helpful to you if they sent you samples as there is no local retailer near you. Then say if they could send you some samples, that you would happily buy the product from their site.

Quote Originally Posted by pas2iche
    a friend of mine is having a /terrible/ experience with frederic malle right now. she requested some samples, they asked her to fill out their questionaire, and then they told her to go buy some herself at her local retailer. the only reason she even contacted them is because she /doesn't/ have a "local retailer", which she explained to them in the first email she sent. is this how they treat potential customers??? has anyone else here had difficulty with them? and, if so, how did you solve the problem? or did you just give up?
    yes, i had a similar experience, outlined earlier in this thread
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

i'm happy to say frederic malle has eradicated the problem i spoke of in the post above. looks like it's safe to to say they're a company willing to go the extra mile (even if does take a little extra effort on the consumer's part).

Could you name 6 or 7 of montales fragrances that I should request to find a few I like?

To Spiritussancti (such a name! :-) ): it's www.divine.fr

Thank you iggy, for both the compliment and the website

So far I know Ormonde Jayne, Trumper, Mugler, L'Artisan, Malle, and Hermes are sending samples. So far Amouage, Acqua Di Parma(even though I belive they're not responding, just sending samples), Truefitt and Hill, Joop, Creed (long shot I know), and Bond#9 haven't written back (again a long shot).

From L'Artisan I'm getting 7 samples, Mugler I'm getting the male fragrance samples, Malle I'm getting Musc Ravageur, Noir Espices, and Carnal Flower, and Hermes is sending Terre d'Hermes. Sweet deal so far.
    Last edited by Spiritussancti; 5th July 2006 at 05:44 PM.