Code of Conduct
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Default Re: Any places give away free samples?

i didnt know bond did that too nice there were so many of those i wanted to try.....i wish i tried chez bond before buying it blind.........

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    L'Artisan allows you to order 5 free samples (you pay shipping) via their website, and Bond No.9 has a similar deal (6 samples, you pay shipping). Plenty of places offer free samples with purchase. If you want free samples without purchase, you have to go to Norstroms or Sephora.
    well i just tried to get samples from bond......you have to buy a $60 t shirt or a $800 candle first before they let you get 6 samples for $15.......i think the cheapest thing on the site besides the samples is a piece of soap for $35.....

theres a guy on ebay who has most of the bonds but you have to buy 5 for $15. cheaper then buying a $60 t shirt.

I think with fragrancenet.com you can get cheap samples, 50 cents each or less, when they have free shipping in effect. I think you have to search for the word vial and you'll see the frags with samples, then you have to look at the ones you want for the price. Otherwise, just call the company and ask.

Quote Originally Posted by mrshackleford View Post
    I'm kind of cheap. I'd be willing to pay shipping I guess.
    Try your local Nordstrom and Sephora (if you have one). Unfortunately they don't always have a lot of "interesting" fragrances, mostly popular mainstream stuff. But the samples are free and the service is good, so can't complain.

You want to hear something funny? When I first went into Barneys to look around I asked the SA if they had any samples of Serge Lutens perfumes and the woman said no, that they rarely get them. Well, I went back a week later and dished out money to buy a bottle and what do you know, the SA loads my bag with samples of Serge Lutens. Ambre Sultan, Un bois vanilla,Datura Noir, Cedre, Gris Clair, Rousse, and Sa Majeste La Rose!
    Last edited by Game; 11th January 2009 at 09:11 AM.

One of our national fragrance (net)shop has began carrying Clive Christian, Miller Harris, Nasomatto, Sahlini, L'Artisan, etc. I found no mentioning samples, so I called them. They said officially they don't sell samples, but if I send a list of max. three of their scents they'll send it free, just postage should be paid - about 5 USD. Though, I wasn't brave enough to ask for Clive Christian samples. I'll go to them personally for these high-price-end ones.
    Last edited by Sandy; 11th January 2009 at 10:24 AM.

I received free samples from both Czech & Speake and Ormonde Jayne ( just the men's frags) by e-mailing them and asking for them.
    I think contacting any if the houses via e-mail can't possibly hurt and might give you a pleasant surprise.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

hi
    check out perfumeworldwide.com - you can get samples for 2.99 which includes shipping. I also second Sephora - if its not busy, they can usually make you some small spray samples.

Quote Originally Posted by Somerville Metro Man View Post
    I received free samples from both Czech & Speake and Ormonde Jayne ( just the men's frags) by e-mailing them and asking for them.
    I think contacting any if the houses via e-mail can't possibly hurt and might give you a pleasant surprise.
    Reallyyyy! Thats really good to know, because I just emailed them in regards to a sample of Ormonde Man, because that is the only one I'm really interested in and either way I don't have the funds to buy their whole sample pack. Hopefully they are as generous with me as they were with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    You want to hear something funny? When I first went into Barneys to look around I asked the SA if they had any samples of Serge Lutens perfumes and the woman said no, that they rarely get them. Well, I went back a week later and dished out money to buy a bottle and what do you know, the SA loads my bag with samples of Serge Lutens. Ambre Sultan, Un bois vanilla,Datura Noir, Cedre, Gris Clair, Rousse, and Sa Majeste La Rose!
    I have found this to be the case in general. SA's are sort of used to people coming around looking for free samples, and they don't want to hand out freebies unless they feel like it's going to create a sale. I plunked down cash immediately at Neimans, and the Creed rep. was almost asking me to take samples. You've gotta grease the wheels.

edelwicker is right - if you're either buying or obviously going to buy you can get samples (I usually use the 'I have a large collection and need to wear something before I buy it' line, which works.... or flirt with the SAs.

I'm very surprised about the Bond 9 mention - I've received many, many free samples from them over the last year. I haven't bought any in a couple months, so perhaps they changed their policy.

I agree with the above posts in regard to getting samples when you make purchases. I would like to add something else as well. You need to build a rapport with your SAs. When I first went to Saks, I didn't purchase anything that day but I talked quite a bit with the SA, and showed clear intent to purchase and was given numerous samples that day. I went back in a few weeks later and made a purchase so I followed through on my end. I ended up signing up for their mailing list, and now when I would like to try something (Saks is too far away for me to go regularly), they will ship me whatever I want to try for FREE! So I think becoming friendly with the SAs can be beneficial as well.

I've always meant to ask, do the L'Artisan samples come in atomizers or vials? I'm guessing vials.
    My limited 'drobe: Boss In Motion, Armani Code, Concentre d'Orange Verte, Paul Smith Story.

The folks at Robert Piguet Parfums are quite pleasant and willing to send samples of their line.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

Quote Originally Posted by marcuccio88 View Post
    hi
    I also second Sephora - if its not busy, they can usually make you some small spray samples.
    Agreed! They are really friendly and last time I was there they literally said I could come back anytime and get as many samples as I want. Don't expect to find any Creed, Lutens, CDG, etc. though

Penhaligons, Diptyque, and Miller Harris have been very nice to me. Though I did write a long ass e-mail.

Oh yea, a year back, the following companies gave me free samples, but not sure if it will work these days:
    Acqua di Parma
    Montale
    Ormonde Jayne
    Frederic Malle
    Amouage
    Last edited by supracuhz; 12th January 2009 at 04:07 AM.
    Spring/Summer Wardrobe: vetiver extraordinaire, rose 31, terre d'hermes!

Quote Originally Posted by HughLloyd View Post
    I've always meant to ask, do the L'Artisan samples come in atomizers or vials? I'm guessing vials.
    Vials

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    I agree with the above posts in regard to getting samples when you make purchases. I would like to add something else as well. You need to build a rapport with your SAs. When I first went to Saks, I didn't purchase anything that day but I talked quite a bit with the SA, and showed clear intent to purchase and was given numerous samples that day. I went back in a few weeks later and made a purchase so I followed through on my end. I ended up signing up for their mailing list, and now when I would like to try something (Saks is too far away for me to go regularly), they will ship me whatever I want to try for FREE! So I think becoming friendly with the SAs can be beneficial as well.
    That's great. I am still holding a grudge that after spending $$ on a by Killian at Saks, I did not get any samples.

Quote Originally Posted by arwen_elf View Post
    That's great. I am still holding a grudge that after spending $$ on a by Killian at Saks, I did not get any samples.
    That really sucks! It's odd because in all my experience Saks has been by far the most generous with samples, moreso that Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, and even Sephora. Plus I think they employ the most knowledgable and friendly staff(no I don't work for Saks).
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 12th January 2009 at 05:43 PM.

Go to Sephora, tell them your birthday is coming up and your SO wants to get you a special bottle of cologne. Tell the SA that you would like to try samples of a few (5-6) of the scents they have to see if you AND your SO like one. Or try this at any real fragrance counter...its a story that always works, I guarantee it!
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

Quote Originally Posted by danho View Post
    Go to Sephora, tell them your birthday is coming up and your SO wants to get you a special bottle of cologne. Tell the SA that you would like to try samples of a few (5-6) of the scents they have to see if you AND your SO like one. Or try this at any real fragrance counter...its a story that always works, I guarantee it!
    Now that is clever! I'm going to have to try that one out.

Would this work at places like Lord & Taylor, Macys, Saks, etc.?

But why go through the trouble when a simple "I'd like to try a few samples" gets you the same thing?

I find that the "I'm a collector but need to test on my skin first" works 9.5 out of 10 times. It also helps to flirt with the lady SAs or try to buddy the male SAs. It's pretty rare that I get rejected for samples or have to make anything up. I guess if you're not comfortable just being direct, the faux birthday story works.

At Sephora and Norstroms, they'll make you samples just by asking.

Red face Where to get free samples

Hello, I am new here and have little perfumes. I live not near to many fragrance stores but would like to sample new ones. Are there any websites that offer free samples so I can try new ones? thank you.
    Wishlist: Tom Ford Extreme, The One by D&G, 1 Million, Dirty English

Default Re: Where to get free samples

Welcome to BN!

There are many sites that offer samples, though I don't know about free. You'll at least have to expect to pay for shipping if you're not buying a bottle.

Here's some good info: http://community.basenotes.net/showt...ghlight=sample

Also, here's a thread on a different board, if you scroll down a little you'll see one of my posts where I detail where to get samples: http://community.basenotes.net/showt...ghlight=sample And then further down people add to the info.

I wrote a topic few days ago. http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=224031 maybe there's something you'd like
    unico grande amore.

Thanks guys, I'll check out the links
    Wishlist: Tom Ford Extreme, The One by D&G, 1 Million, Dirty English

If you go to the websites of the designer houses you can email them for samples; however, these samples will most likely be in a blister pack and are good for one use only.

Czech and Speake offer free samples for signing up to receive their newletter.
    Last edited by surreality; 9th March 2009 at 11:56 PM.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Default Re: On Getting Free Samples from Companies Now

don't know if everyone's serge lutens questions got answered, but I called their Us distributor at 800-848-6835 yesterday and they will send samples from the export line.

I went to Neiman-Marcus today. I first talked to an SA about replacing my wife's Coco. I picked several products, and told the SA that I wanted to look at things for myself, as well. I was sniffing presprayed cards of Tom Ford's line. They did ask if I wanted to put some on, but I said that I was wearing something I liked already, and that I wouldn't buy until I had actually worn something for a day. I told the SA that I wanted several of the Coco items, and she rang me up while I continued to look. I paid several hundred dollars, right in front of the SA that was showing me the men's stuff, and didn't receive even one sample. I won't be going back to Neiman again. This is the Las Vegas store at Fashion Show Mall. Sephora has made me several large samples without a purchase, but the Neiman people were terrible. Their loss.

Always buy samples directly from L'Artisan, the vials are slightly larger and they come carded with a little information. I bought a sample from the perfumed court and it was smaller for more $$. At least through L'Artisan you get more for your money.
    Last edited by TaraYvonne; 19th April 2009 at 02:39 AM.

Default List of places for FREE Samples?

Hello,
    Just searching on some threads and noticed that someone said if you sign up on Czech & Speake website you may get some free samples which sounds good. (Well Free if you like in UK like i do otherwise you will have to pay postage).

I've searched on here but did not find a similiar thread.

Is there a list of sites that will give you a free sample or collection of free samples by signing up or registering online etc?

Would be good to know.
    Thanks.

Default Re: List of places for FREE Samples?

And has anyone been on this site before?
    Seems to be lots of free things!

http://www.halfpriceperfumes.com/

http://www.halfpriceperfumes.com/dow...e_perfumes.xls

C&S has been out of samples for several months now. I submitted my name, address and a few desired samples and about 3 months later I got an email explaining that they'd fallen behind and may never catch up.

My guess is that when they start shipping again, they will just start with the newest requests and not deal with the oldest.

Ah OK thanks. I will not hold out much hope on my registration on that site then.

Has anyone been on the site i linked above?

Smile Awesome ways how to get free samples

Hey this is my first post and I just want to say im looking forward to join this forum anyways, Today I was at the mall and happen to pass by sephora. I went inside and this nice lady came to me and asked if I needed some help. I just wanted to try out different colognes so I nicely rejected her. As I was testing out different colognes like a little kid at a toy shop, I noticed a couple receiving samples. So I nicely asked the lady if I can get samples and she said SURE. Oh boy I didn't know where to start. I wanted to get a sample for every fragrance but didn't want to sound so pushy so I only got 3. Anyways I'm definitely going back to get some more. Make sure u ask around for samples, they're more that happy to provide u with it.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Awesome ways how to get free samples

Hi, Welcome to Basenotes!

Yes, Sephora is a great place for samples-- Nordstrom will make samples for you as well.

Blog Entries

From previous threads on this, I think some stores within the Sephora chain are more generous than others. The same goes for other chains like Macy's, etc. As far as I can tell, Ulta Beauty never gives free samples.

At the single Sephora I know, it's much easier to get samples when they're not busy. Obvious, I guess.

Also - if you want to keep getting free samples at the same place, from the same SAs, you should sometimes buy what you've tried. I make a point to telling someone at the cash register, "I really liked the sample you gave me last week. It lasts and my wife liked it. I just have to have a full bottle."

Welcome to BN & have fun.

Basenotes Plus

Sadly, not the case with Sephora in Singapore. The SAs hoard samples like it's their God-given right. Perhaps I shd write in to their management...

Blog Entries

In my store (and in US Sephora stores in general?) the SAs make the samples as requested. They have boxes of empty tubes and removable spray heads. They take one of the testors off the shelf and spray into the tube until it's about 80% full. Then they put on the head and seal it in a small zip-lock plastic envelope. Then they write the name on the bag. It's time consuming, so it pays to visit when they're not busy.

These are not manufacturer's samples, so there's no temptation to take them home & sell them on eBay. Nor is the supply very limited. Seems like a good system to me.

Default Free Samples

I was wondering do any companies or places online give out free samples? i have been wondering this for so long. Why in the world would i pay for samples when i wanna do just that sample them.

Default Re: Free Samples

Some companies do, though personally i've tried a few and haven't had any luck. Maybe it's a location thing.

It couldn't hurt to go to their website and find their contact email or something and ask, though some companies state on the site itself (like on the FAQ section) that they don't give samples.

Some websites do give "free" samples, but one has to pay an inflated postage and packaging price.

I never understood it.....if you wanna sample to potentially buy there stuff why would you pay for it? seems like its defeating the purpose.

I couldnt agree more.

I know Trumpers and Czech And Speake give out free samples, I'm sure others do as well.

Blog Entries

Penhaligon's and Serge Lutens will send a few. Email them.

I'd recommend searching for "free samples." You'll find loads of info!
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

I emailed Thierry Mugler customer service last night to request free samples of various fragrances, and also to ask several questions regarding past releases and availability. I got a 1 sentence response that basically said "Go to a local department store and try them for yourself." Not only that, but they didn't even bother answering my various questions. Funny thing is, I always heard that TM was very generous with free samples via email request. The fact that they totally ignored my questions = shit customer service IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaheen View Post
    I emailed Thierry Mugler customer service last night to request free samples of various fragrances, and also to ask several questions regarding past releases and availability. I got a 1 sentence response that basically said "Go to a local department store and try them for yourself." Not only that, but they didn't even bother answering my various questions. Funny thing is, I always heard that TM was very generous with free samples via email request. The fact that they totally ignored my questions = shit customer service IMO.
    I got a sample of every male fragrance from them except Pure Coffee when I sent a e-mailed them for samples. It took them a while to get to me though. I actually forgot about them before they arrived so I was pleasantly surprised. I don't know if it matters but I lied to them a little and said I do fragrance reviews online so maybe that made a difference lol.

I emailed them about a month ago and still haven't gotten anything, or any sort of confirmation.. but ya it's really sad how the market has gotten so stingy with samples. Fact is though.. they simply can.. they know people are gonna buy them because the fragrance market is as big as it's ever been, they might as well make a profit out of it.

Hermes is really generous! Azzaro only sent two Chrome Sport samples. The other 12 companies sent me nothing but an email.

Frederic Malle wanted about 45 Euros to ship 3 samples to Australia...
    Andy Tauer is reasonable value - for ~20-25$ you get something like 8 samples of all of his scents.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

I emailed Miller Harris and Trumpers and got a bunch of free samples.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

I can't read through all the old posts so I apologize if this has already been mentioned.
    Tom Ford will give out samples if you contact them through the webpage, they're also quite generous.
    Kenzo does the same, but when I messaged them they said they only had Power, and some other one.
    Dunhill refuses to give out samples, they say they don't have any.
    Of course.. everyone knows about Mugler.. although I ordered those nearly a month ago and still haven't gotten anything.
    I'll add more as I find out, feel free to contribute too.

Canali!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where are you all sending messages for Amouage samples? I've tried contacting their inquiry page just to confirm retail locations and haven't gotten a response...

I contacted Jean Paul Gaultier through their website 1 week ago and just received free samples of Fleur de Male and Gaultier 2. Big thanks and thumbs up for Gaultier.

Now I wear sample of Gaultier 2 on 1 wrist and sample of Fleur De Male on another one and feel like hooker lol..
    Last edited by dreamer81; 6th April 2010 at 10:02 PM.

Kenzo, if you contact through the site.. and my new deep dark secret... Tom Ford! As pictured below (and they are rather generous, as you can see) I too still have not received anything from Mugler. You can basically go to any perfumer's site and look for the contact info and contact them and ask. It doesn't hurt to try.
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 6th April 2010 at 05:17 PM.