Code of Conduct

Thread: Le Labo Oils

Default Le Labo Oils

What is the experience with the Le Labo oils? How do they compare to the alcohol based perfumes of the same names? And are there any LL scents that are better in the oil form over the alcohol?

Default Re: Le Labo Oils

I have smelled some of them in store only, so I don't have a big experience. They seem the same formula. As oils, one doesn't get the big initial oomph, but they seem to smell more or less the same after that. I don't know which one is more expensive per unit of aromachemical, but the oil vials are rather small, so i suspect the alcohol perfumes, while expensive, are relatively cheaper.

(Le Labo has also bath oils, which I love. As a functional product, they are long lasting, but I think they are very diluted and not intended to last. they still smell the same, though, so I think the underlying formula is the same).

cacio

I've got the edp and oil versions of Oud 27 and Vetiver 46. They're mostly the same, but different still. I like to layer them. If i had to pick just one, the edp for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    I've got the edp and oil versions of Oud 27 and Vetiver 46. They're mostly the same, but different still. I like to layer them. If i had to pick just one, the edp for sure.
    Do you find that they wear differently? I was wondering if the oils wore a little closer, perhaps making them safer to wear, at the office for example?

I tried the oil version of Rose 31 recently, when I bought a bottle of the EDP. I don't see what the fuss is really, it smelled practically the same after 5 minutes, a little richer and oilier as to be expected during the initial few minutes, but then after that, pretty much the same.

Basenotes Institution

I have smelled three of them in oil and scent: Patchouli 24, Santal 33 & Iris 39 and I personally enjoyed the P24 and S33 in the oil formulation for sure - mostly because they were less hissy and synthetic smelling. The I39 was wonderful also, but the scent is much more so. I think the I39 oil would be nice to layer with the scent.
    "Human interaction can be hell. Or it can be a great spiritual practice."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I've been keen on trying them.
    I will start dirt rose 31 or patchouli 24 because I am most familiar with these two.
    Unused vintage Route du Vetiver (90ml) for sale/swap

for swap/sale:

I haven't tried the oils, but I need to. I'd venture to say the oil will sit much closer to the skin than the EdPs which are screamers that leap off the skin.
    MadHat Scents

MadHat Peel - Limited Edition Summer Fragrance ONLY 25 Bottles Available (Citrus, Fruit, Bergamot, Vetiver, Woods)

Embers (Un-burned Incense, Campfires, Leather and Resins) / Khus (NEW - Vetiver (Ruh Khus)-Sandalwood-Geranium) (Frankincense-Lavender-Green Birch Leaves) / Jour et la Nuit (ONLY 125ml Remaining) (Animalic-Chypre-Blood Orange-Smoky)