Code of Conduct
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: On Getting Free Samples from Companies Now

That's what I did, went to the post by Nosebud and went to each site and requested some (under contact us.) I have had several positive responses so far and only took about 10 minutes!

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Hi gooddeal123 - there are some suggestions in this thread - just check out the websites mentioned, or others that interest you, then send an email.
    I've never tried, but some appear to have success.
    Will check it out. Thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by marleygirl View Post
    That's what I did, went to the post by Nosebud and went to each site and requested some (under contact us.) I have had several positive responses so far and only took about 10 minutes!
    That's great to know.

Floris sent me a crapload of goods. Very happy with that.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you get from floris just curious Thanks.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Geo F. Trumper---Free samples, *class act.

Not really free as you need to buy something but LuckyScent will include 7 2ml samples of the Tom ford private blends on top of the four free samples of any fragrances they sell if you purchase any tom ford product over 200 dollars. Just add the samples to your cart, include the four samples you want and they'll send 7 half filled 4ml Tom ford vials, nicely packaged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello everybody, just wonder if fragance.net will give some samples is requested, I have done some shop with them in the past and I remember they put 1 or2 little samples with my order, but I just wonder if they send you something if is requested Thanks to all.

Quote Originally Posted by trucupey20 View Post
    Hello everybody, just wonder if fragance.net will give some samples is requested, I have done some shop with them in the past and I remember they put 1 or2 little samples with my order, but I just wonder if they send you something if is requested Thanks to all.
    I personally have never heard of anyone successfully receiving sample requests, but I'm not sure. It seems that you basically have to take what they include with the purchase.

(2920)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.

Post Thanks / Like

FragranceNet sells a lot of samples. Many are rather cheap. Just pop a few in your cart before you check out a bottle. Otherwise, I guess if you're preparing a rather large order, it might be prudent to call it in and maybe the sales assistant could throw in some additional samples. But samples without a purchase? You can absolutely forget about that ever happening with a discount seller like this.

Post Thanks / Like

I've spent over a $100 on samples bought from eBay over the last couple of years. I dont really buy anymore

I've read the previous posts on Serge Lutens, I havent had a chance to check those out personally but I'm interested In Five O'Clock Au Gingembre, Un Boise Vanille, someone mentioned they dont ship to the United States, so am I out of luck? I can write a polite and respectful message but how would I ask THEM specifically? Where can I find Lutens in person to check out?

Would Chanel & Versace be accommodating? I would like to sample Egoiste/ Platinum Egoiste (dont really know what the difference is) and Versace's Eros & Dreamer. I've been lucky with blind buys but I don't have the luxury to spend on something I don't like. Any help is much appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

^ Check out Barney's. They carry Serge Lutens.

THE GROVE
    189 The Grove Drive Los Angeles, CA 90036
    (323) 761-5255

BARNEYS BEVERLY HILLS STORE
    9570 Wilshire Boulevard Beverly Hills, CA 90212
    (310) 276-4400

Post Thanks / Like

Let me tell you that I am big lover of perfume, my day start from perfume until the time I am not going for the bed I have good collections of perfume liked I have sandalwood perfume, honey perfume. Also I have all the Indian brand perfume.

Quote Originally Posted by trucupey20 View Post
    Doubt it, unless you were about to make a huge order and called ahead like the other poster suggested. And they don't really send samples in every order... 'Exceptional... because you are' doesn't count lol.

Have to share this story which happened just over an hour ago. I went to the Saks in my area specifically with the purpose of seeking out the Cartier representative to find out if he had any concrete information or if he knew anything more about the remaining three Heures de Cartier fragrances rumored to be coming out in 2014 to finish the line of 13 fragrances. Now I already have every Heure in the line and about two months ago I purchased another complete set of 10 for one of my daughters who also loved the line. At the time of that most recent purchase, the Cartier representative, a very nice Greek gentleman who had worked for Cartier for 30 years showered me with about 52 large samples of all the mens Cartier fragrances he had on hand. So, today I was lucky to find him again, and inquired about the future releases. He recognized me immediately and told me that he didn't know anything firm but that he would contact his head office on Monday and get back to me with any news and would surely reserve the three for me and call me when they came in. Now here's the good part, I thanked him and as I was taking my leave, he called me back, took out a red piece of luggage from under the counter, and said, "Let me see what samples I have that I can give you." He then said, "I know you already have these but, what the hell." He proceeded to give me 2 4ml samples of each Heures de Cartier (a total of 20 vials plus a sealed 12.5ml (almost a half ounce) of Declaration D'Un Soir. I was flabbergasted. I only went into Saks to inquire about future releases and left with a boatload of free samples without even having purchased anything. Now that's wonderful customer service!
    Last edited by hednic; 22nd February 2014 at 06:40 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Have to share this story which happened just over an hour ago. I went to the Saks in my area specifically with the purpose of seeking out the Cartier representative to find out if he had any concrete information or if he knew anything more about the remaining three Heures de Cartier fragrances rumored to be coming out in 2014 to finish the line of 13 fragrances. Now I already have everyone Heure in the line and about two months ago I purchased another complete set of 10 for one of my daughters who also loved the line. At the time of that most recent purchase, the Cartier representative, a very nice Greek gentleman who had worked for Cartier for 30 years showered me with about 52 large samples of all the mens Cartier fragrances he had on hand. So, today I was lucky to find him again, and inquired about the future releases. He recognized me immediately and told me that he didn't know anything firm but that he would contact his head office on Monday and get back to me with any news and would surely reserve the three for me and call me when they came in. Now here's the good part, I thanked him and as I was taking my leave, he called me back, took out a red piece of luggage from under the counter, and said, "Let me see what samples I have that I can give you." He then said, "I know you already have these but, what the hell." He proceeded to give me 2 4ml samples of each Heures de Cartier (a total of 20 vials plus a sealed 12.5ml (almost a half ounce) of Declaration D'Un Soir. I was flabbergasted. I only went into Saks to inquire about future releases and left with a boatload of free samples without even having purchased anything. Now that's wonderful customer service!
    Quite nice of him. Although I would say that if I had you for a customer, I'd shower you with samples every time I saw you as well .

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The Hermes store was very generous with their 4-5ml Hermessence samples.
    Last edited by peppermoon; 11th March 2014 at 03:08 PM.

I haven't read through all of the previous posts, but I've spent over $200 in samples over the past couple months. Here are some freebies/semi-free ones I got.

Sephora - I've asked for tons of free samples from them on different visits and at different stores. Saved me tons of money.
    Nordstrom - Same thing.
    Min NY (online) - I've ordered a few samples from them. The first time I just ordered one sample and my box was crammed full of about 10-15 more free samples including Mancera, Amouage and others. The second time I ordered three and they included 3-4 more free samples including Amouage fragrances.
    Bond No 9 - I called their company since I can't test their products in Puerto Rico where I currently live and they charge a ton of money for shipping to PR. They sent me the three samples I wanted to try for free. Not sure if they do that for everyone or if was only because I live here.

Good luck all!

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Floris sent me about 10 samples when I inquired about their feminine line. Robert Piguet sent me three samples of scents I inquired about. Lovely customer service from both.

Overall, I have gotten:

Samples from:

Jo Loves
    Hermes
    Serge Lutens
    Penhaligon's
    Floris
    Piguet

No from:

Malle
    Jo Malone
    Byredo
    Last edited by peppermoon; 13th March 2014 at 02:45 PM.