Code of Conduct
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Default Re: On Getting Free Samples from Companies Now

That's what I did, went to the post by Nosebud and went to each site and requested some (under contact us.) I have had several positive responses so far and only took about 10 minutes!

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Hi gooddeal123 - there are some suggestions in this thread - just check out the websites mentioned, or others that interest you, then send an email.
    I've never tried, but some appear to have success.
    Will check it out. Thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by marleygirl View Post
    That's what I did, went to the post by Nosebud and went to each site and requested some (under contact us.) I have had several positive responses so far and only took about 10 minutes!
    That's great to know.

Floris sent me a crapload of goods. Very happy with that.

What do you get from floris just curious Thanks.

Default Re: Geo F. Trumper---Free samples, *class act.

Not really free as you need to buy something but LuckyScent will include 7 2ml samples of the Tom ford private blends on top of the four free samples of any fragrances they sell if you purchase any tom ford product over 200 dollars. Just add the samples to your cart, include the four samples you want and they'll send 7 half filled 4ml Tom ford vials, nicely packaged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello everybody, just wonder if fragance.net will give some samples is requested, I have done some shop with them in the past and I remember they put 1 or2 little samples with my order, but I just wonder if they send you something if is requested Thanks to all.

Quote Originally Posted by trucupey20 View Post
    Hello everybody, just wonder if fragance.net will give some samples is requested, I have done some shop with them in the past and I remember they put 1 or2 little samples with my order, but I just wonder if they send you something if is requested Thanks to all.
    I personally have never heard of anyone successfully receiving sample requests, but I'm not sure. It seems that you basically have to take what they include with the purchase.

(2920)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

FragranceNet sells a lot of samples. Many are rather cheap. Just pop a few in your cart before you check out a bottle. Otherwise, I guess if you're preparing a rather large order, it might be prudent to call it in and maybe the sales assistant could throw in some additional samples. But samples without a purchase? You can absolutely forget about that ever happening with a discount seller like this.

I've spent over a $100 on samples bought from eBay over the last couple of years. I dont really buy anymore

I've read the previous posts on Serge Lutens, I havent had a chance to check those out personally but I'm interested In Five O'Clock Au Gingembre, Un Boise Vanille, someone mentioned they dont ship to the United States, so am I out of luck? I can write a polite and respectful message but how would I ask THEM specifically? Where can I find Lutens in person to check out?

Would Chanel & Versace be accommodating? I would like to sample Egoiste/ Platinum Egoiste (dont really know what the difference is) and Versace's Eros & Dreamer. I've been lucky with blind buys but I don't have the luxury to spend on something I don't like. Any help is much appreciated

^ Check out Barney's. They carry Serge Lutens.

THE GROVE
    189 The Grove Drive Los Angeles, CA 90036
    (323) 761-5255

BARNEYS BEVERLY HILLS STORE
    9570 Wilshire Boulevard Beverly Hills, CA 90212
    (310) 276-4400

Let me tell you that I am big lover of perfume, my day start from perfume until the time I am not going for the bed I have good collections of perfume liked I have sandalwood perfume, honey perfume. Also I have all the Indian brand perfume.

Quote Originally Posted by trucupey20 View Post
    Doubt it, unless you were about to make a huge order and called ahead like the other poster suggested. And they don't really send samples in every order... 'Exceptional... because you are' doesn't count lol.

Have to share this story which happened just over an hour ago. I went to the Saks in my area specifically with the purpose of seeking out the Cartier representative to find out if he had any concrete information or if he knew anything more about the remaining three Heures de Cartier fragrances rumored to be coming out in 2014 to finish the line of 13 fragrances. Now I already have every Heure in the line and about two months ago I purchased another complete set of 10 for one of my daughters who also loved the line. At the time of that most recent purchase, the Cartier representative, a very nice Greek gentleman who had worked for Cartier for 30 years showered me with about 52 large samples of all the mens Cartier fragrances he had on hand. So, today I was lucky to find him again, and inquired about the future releases. He recognized me immediately and told me that he didn't know anything firm but that he would contact his head office on Monday and get back to me with any news and would surely reserve the three for me and call me when they came in. Now here's the good part, I thanked him and as I was taking my leave, he called me back, took out a red piece of luggage from under the counter, and said, "Let me see what samples I have that I can give you." He then said, "I know you already have these but, what the hell." He proceeded to give me 2 4ml samples of each Heures de Cartier (a total of 20 vials plus a sealed 12.5ml (almost a half ounce) of Declaration D'Un Soir. I was flabbergasted. I only went into Saks to inquire about future releases and left with a boatload of free samples without even having purchased anything. Now that's wonderful customer service!
    Last edited by hednic; 22nd February 2014 at 07:40 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Have to share this story which happened just over an hour ago. I went to the Saks in my area specifically with the purpose of seeking out the Cartier representative to find out if he had any concrete information or if he knew anything more about the remaining three Heures de Cartier fragrances rumored to be coming out in 2014 to finish the line of 13 fragrances. Now I already have everyone Heure in the line and about two months ago I purchased another complete set of 10 for one of my daughters who also loved the line. At the time of that most recent purchase, the Cartier representative, a very nice Greek gentleman who had worked for Cartier for 30 years showered me with about 52 large samples of all the mens Cartier fragrances he had on hand. So, today I was lucky to find him again, and inquired about the future releases. He recognized me immediately and told me that he didn't know anything firm but that he would contact his head office on Monday and get back to me with any news and would surely reserve the three for me and call me when they came in. Now here's the good part, I thanked him and as I was taking my leave, he called me back, took out a red piece of luggage from under the counter, and said, "Let me see what samples I have that I can give you." He then said, "I know you already have these but, what the hell." He proceeded to give me 2 4ml samples of each Heures de Cartier (a total of 20 vials plus a sealed 12.5ml (almost a half ounce) of Declaration D'Un Soir. I was flabbergasted. I only went into Saks to inquire about future releases and left with a boatload of free samples without even having purchased anything. Now that's wonderful customer service!
    Quite nice of him. Although I would say that if I had you for a customer, I'd shower you with samples every time I saw you as well .

The Hermes store was very generous with their 4-5ml Hermessence samples.
    Last edited by peppermoon; 11th March 2014 at 04:08 PM.

I haven't read through all of the previous posts, but I've spent over $200 in samples over the past couple months. Here are some freebies/semi-free ones I got.

Sephora - I've asked for tons of free samples from them on different visits and at different stores. Saved me tons of money.
    Nordstrom - Same thing.
    Min NY (online) - I've ordered a few samples from them. The first time I just ordered one sample and my box was crammed full of about 10-15 more free samples including Mancera, Amouage and others. The second time I ordered three and they included 3-4 more free samples including Amouage fragrances.
    Bond No 9 - I called their company since I can't test their products in Puerto Rico where I currently live and they charge a ton of money for shipping to PR. They sent me the three samples I wanted to try for free. Not sure if they do that for everyone or if was only because I live here.

Good luck all!

Floris sent me about 10 samples when I inquired about their feminine line. Robert Piguet sent me three samples of scents I inquired about. Lovely customer service from both.

Overall, I have gotten:

Samples from:

Jo Loves
    Hermes
    Serge Lutens
    Penhaligon's
    Floris
    Piguet

No from:

Malle
    Jo Malone
    Byredo
    Last edited by peppermoon; 13th March 2014 at 03:45 PM.

Default "free samples"

Is there an online site or any store that gives away "FREE SAMPLES"

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: "free samples"

Hi!
    We'll merge your thread with the existing 'sticky'.
    Thanks!

I got a no from Serge Lutens.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus7 View Post
    I haven't read through all of the previous posts, but I've spent over $200 in samples over the past couple months. Here are some freebies/semi-free ones I got.
    Sephora - I've asked for tons of free samples from them on different visits and at different stores. Saved me tons of money.
    Nordstrom - Same thing.
    Min NY (online) - I've ordered a few samples from them. The first time I just ordered one sample and my box was crammed full of about 10-15 more free samples including Mancera, Amouage and others. The second time I ordered three and they included 3-4 more free samples including Amouage fragrances.
    Bond No 9 - I called their company since I can't test their products in Puerto Rico where I currently live and they charge a ton of money for shipping to PR. They sent me the three samples I wanted to try for free. Not sure if they do that for everyone or if was only because I live here.
    Good luck all!
    What exactly is Min (NY)

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    MIN.com
    Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by SCENTMASTER "OG" View Post
    Is there an online site or any store that gives away "FREE SAMPLES"
    FREE SAMPLES

I am impressed how some houses still send samples out quite generously.

If buying just a few samples from MiN nets you far more as a bonus, I may give it a go... of course, it's a random chance thing on which ones you get... unless inquiring about certain brands might steer them towards your preferences.

Hermes was generous indeed. I really didn't expect to get these long mini test tube like 4ml vials. Quite nice of them.

Quote Originally Posted by rbaker View Post
    I am impressed how some houses still send samples out quite generously.
    Can you list those houses??????

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by peppermoon View Post
    Floris sent me about 10 samples when I inquired about their feminine line. Robert Piguet sent me three samples of scents I inquired about. Lovely customer service from both.

Overall, I have gotten:

Samples from:

Jo Loves
    Hermes
    Serge Lutens
    Penhaligon's
    Floris
    Piguet

No from:

Malle
    Jo Malone
    Byredo

Here are some.

Some of the examples mentioned in this thread. I personally was impressed by O'Driu - I paid not much more than the shipping cost, and they sent several samples later completely free.

Some of the examples mentioned in this thread. I personally was impressed by O'Driu - I paid not much more than the shipping cost, and they sent several samples later completely free.
    Is the website O'driu.com????

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Here are some.
    Can you pick whatever samples you want?????

Is the website O'driu.com????
    That's the one.

Basenotes Plus

Can you pick whatever samples you want?????
    I've never tried - but there's a way to find out - by contacting them yourself

Please report back so the info. is here for other members.
    Last edited by lpp; 13th May 2014 at 10:00 AM.

How did you get your free samples,I just emailed them.and asked them how can I get free samples of cologne...

Quote Originally Posted by peppermoon View Post

Overall, I have gotten:

Samples from:

Jo Loves
    Hermes
    Serge Lutens
    Penhaligon's
    Floris
    Piguet

No from:

Malle
    Jo Malone
    Byredo
    I've purchased many full bottles from the Frederic Malle boutique - both online and in person (when I was in NYC); and from my experience, they are not generous when it comes to samples. They will give you two samples with a purchase, and if you ask for more, they will give you just one more (for a total of three). They aren't allowed to give you more than three samples with your purchase. Whether your purchase is $115, $180, or more, the max you'll get is three samples.

I hear SA's at retail stores are far more generous, will try purchasing from them next time.
    Last edited by CaliDude; 13th May 2014 at 05:09 PM.

Basenotes Plus

I am hesitant to post in this thread, lol. But from my experience, the tone of your request, your well written email, and a good familiarity with their product line goes a long way in getting samples.

Please remember these companies get inundated on a daily basis from ebay hounds that turn around and sell the carded samples on ebay, which pisses me off to no end.

I have had responses from some companies that were almost a challenge, to see if I actually knew their product line. And when i responded favorably, they asked me which samples I wanted, then also requested that I review those samples and email them back. Which I did do, and I know if there is another fragrance in their line I would like to sample, all I have to do is ask.

If you email these companies and just ask for "free samples", I doubt you will have much luck. And I hope you end up with fragrances in your eyeballs if you are requesting them to sell them on ebay.
    improving olfactory environments one molecule at a time....

Look what the postman brought today...

Well chuffed!

Basenotes Plus

Dude!
    improving olfactory environments one molecule at a time....

Quote Originally Posted by stargarden View Post
    Dude!
    Best of all, it was a free gift.. well, I did drop ££££ on perfume in the Harrods store.
    To top it up, Mr Marchal has just emailed me. He will be sending a pack with 10 samples (I worked out the deal with my purchases).

Be polite, happy, friendly, spend some money and, good things will come to you.
    Last edited by Viffer; 13th May 2014 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cytherian View Post
    Hilarious!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Viffer View Post
    Be polite, happy, friendly, spend some money and, good things will come to you.

That's a pretty good approach to it

Quote Originally Posted by CASUAL View Post
    I've spent over a $100 on samples bought from eBay over the last couple of years. I dont really buy anymore

I've read the previous posts on Serge Lutens, I havent had a chance to check those out personally but I'm interested In Five O'Clock Au Gingembre, Un Boise Vanille, someone mentioned they dont ship to the United States, so am I out of luck? I can write a polite and respectful message but how would I ask THEM specifically? Where can I find Lutens in person to check out?

Would Chanel & Versace be accommodating? I would like to sample Egoiste/ Platinum Egoiste (dont really know what the difference is) and Versace's Eros & Dreamer. I've been lucky with blind buys but I don't have the luxury to spend on something I don't like. Any help is much appreciated
    Platinum egoiste is more fresh. Has a citrus note that plays around with something mineral to my nose. Great fragrance. Smells classy.
    egoiste is on of my favorites. It smells sweeter and the major note smells like those dried flowers women decorate their house with. Egoiste is a classic

The good folks at Xerjoff sent me a little pressie!!

I sometimes get samples when I buy in store, never tried emailing companies but might give it a go.

The lovely lady at Geo F Trumper sent me loads of samples free to try.
    I told her i liked the sandalwood one, and asked about shaving foam.
    Two days later, I've got a pack of ten shaving foams.
    Cheekily, asked about feminine frags for the wife. And lo and behold, more samples turn up for the missus!

To be honest, is feel that I'd rather shop with a company that's willing to show you their wares and be helpful, so I bought two lots of their frags and some shaving soap.

Shame I can't get hold of some of thos Roja samples like a offer did! (I REALLY wanna try Vetiver )

Just to say I've had great response from Ormonde Jayne!

Sent: 29 August 2014 20:00
    To: HCR hcracinguk@gmail.com
    Subject: Request

Dear emoe
    It's great to hear that people have been singing our praises to you!
    If you would like me to send a few samples to you I would be happy to do so, if you wouldn't mind we would charge a small P&P of £5?

I have a few fragrances in mind which I would recommend based on the others you mentioned:

Ormonde Man: This boasts an unusual heart note of Black Hemlock with the addition of Cardamom, Coriander seeds and Oud

Zizan: A Fresh burst of Lime, Sage and Jasmine with a base of Vertiver and Musk

Nawab of Oudh: This fragrance is from our exclusive Four Corners of the Earth range and is an addictive blend of young green Oud, Rose, Cinnamon and Ambergris

If you would like to supply me with a telephone number, I can give you a call at your convenience to complete the P&P transaction and we can get those samples sent over to you to test at your leisure.

Kind Regards,

Holly Adderley

Ormonde Jayne
    12 The Royal Arcade
    28 Old Bond Street
    London
    W1S 4SL

T. +44 (0) 207 499 1100
    F. +44 (0) 207 499 9911
    E. sales@ormondejayne.com
    W. www.ormondejayne.com

ORMONDE JAYNE LIMITED is a private limited company registered in England and Wales.
    Registered No. 4112155. Registered Office 2 Park Village East, London, NW1 7PX, United Kingdom. VAT registration No. 749 794
    Last edited by Emoe; 30th August 2014 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Spaced out