Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Which Creed fragrance do you like best?

At last - my first bottle of Creed
    And it's Original Vetiver

I don't know about the second. Maybe it's the first and the last.
    I have to try Selection Verte, Feuille Verte, some others...
    Last edited by DreamerII; 28th February 2008 at 09:07 AM.
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

1. Vintage Tabarome
    2. Acier Aluminium
    3. Royal English Leather
    4. Bois du Portugal
    5. Baie de Genievre (sp?)
    6. Santal Imperial
    7. Ambre Canelle
    8. Chevrefeuille (sp?)
    9. Royal Delight

These are my top of the Creed house...I have tried most of their line and found most of them to be very good to quite good but can't really rank them. I will say though that I don't care for GIT or SMW at all, thats right, I went there, sorry all you GIT and SMW fans. Of the one's I listed they all fluctuate in terms of rank this is just currently how I feel, however Vinatge Tabarome will likely never be demoted from my top spot. Although I am a big supporter of other fragrences and houses I have never found anything that I like as much as VT, to me it is the pinnacle of all fragrences.

Vetiver Private Collection
    Bois de Portugal
    Tabarome Private Collection
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    Since it isn't clear yet I'll point out that many of the recent Creed threads are apparently no more than bait for gullible Basenoters.

But keep replying if you wish. I would simply tell the person to search the archives.
    Do you REALLY hate Creed that much?

Quote Originally Posted by cologneguy View Post
    I think its clear that the issue is really how often they are discussed. Take a look with the search function. Disliking the frequency of the Creed theme is different from disliking or liking smells.

Thanks,
    --Chris
    Last edited by DustB; 28th February 2008 at 03:55 PM.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by cologneguy View Post
    Hating is weak.

See post below.

And yes, the Creed threads have recently skyrocketed well beyond normal. I can also tell you that many of these threads are not genuine. Not all of the threads have to do with Creed (they may not be about any particular house), but most of them do. Some people are having a lot of fun. I have read about it on another site but it's impossible to know who's doing it. It doesn't really matter anyway. What's surprising is that very few people here (there are a few) have figured it out.

The search function. It's what's for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    I think its clear that the issue is really how often they are discussed. Take a look with the search function. Disliking the frequency of the Creed theme is different from disliking or liking smells.

Thanks,
    --Chris
    Right on, Chris. Thanks.
    Last edited by pluran; 28th February 2008 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    Hating is weak.

See post below.

And yes, the Creed threads have recently skyrocketed well beyond normal. I can also tell you that many of these threads are not genuine. Not all of the threads have to do with Creed (they may not be about any particular house), but most of them do. Some people are having a lot of fun. I have read about it on another site but it's impossible to know who's doing it. It doesn't really matter anyway. What's surprising is that very few people here (there are a few) have figured it out.

The search function. It's what's for dinner.

Right on, Chris. Thanks.
    I definitely agree with Chris and Pluran. Something's not right. I also keep a close watch on whats going on at nearly all other perfume blogs and discussion sites as well. Them other perfumistas ain't going to have the last laugh thats for sure.
    -

Ok, now I realized what you mean. I'm obviously new to this forum, and I admit guilty to not using the search function probably because of over-enthusiasm to post about my newfound liking of niche fragrances esp. Creed. But I know you can tell by now that my curiosity was authentic and that I didn't mean to post about Creed just for the sake of hype (coz apparently Creed doesn't need any more of the hype). I'm with you.

Ok, so we can make to every fragrance one thread and discuss it and if somebody want to know it right know can search there.

I got introduced to Creeds also through this site... I started off my collection being a big fan of Acqua di Gio, but after a girl told me I "smelled like her ex-boyfriend Matt," I wanted to differentiate myself from other college guys (and guys in general). That search led me to this site, and I took a look at the Basenotes awards which regularly had Creeds as top contenders. Sadly, my first Creed was an eBayed GIT 4oz bottle, which (after wearing it for a year) I found out was fake due to a post here in the forums. I then went to Neiman Marcus to confirm this, and THEIR GIT smelled nothing like mine. I bought the 1oz bottle from them (knowing that this way I can at least tell in the future when I buy GIT from eBay whether they smell like the real thing or not). After that, I have bought MI, SMW, OV, and BdP and have an Erolfa on the way.

Out of those, I would rank them in this order:
    1. MI
    2. OV
    3. BdP
    4. SMW
    5. GIT

I have a question, however - those of you listing Feuille Verte - how did you get a bottle? Unless I am confused, I thought FV was sold in a limited quantity and I can't even find a bottle online anymore. I'd love to try it out if someone can point me to a place I can buy or sample it. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by akshay03 View Post

I have a question, however - those of you listing Feuille Verte - how did you get a bottle? Unless I am confused, I thought FV was sold in a limited quantity and I can't even find a bottle online anymore. I'd love to try it out if someone can point me to a place I can buy or sample it. Thanks!
    I don't work for Creed nor am I on any other blogs, but I can teel you this: a new bottle of Feuille Verte can probably be found at some NM store. You would probably have to call all of them to find which one still has an old sealed bottle they never sold. I wonder if the price has increased above the $375 MSRP due to its (increased) rarity.
    Last edited by samplermike; 1st March 2008 at 06:20 AM.

1. Private Collection Tabarome
    2. Bois du Portugal
    3. Windsor
    4. Green Irish Tweed
    5. Aventus
    6. Privalte Collection Selection Verte
    7. Millesime Imperial
    8. Silver Mountain Water
    9. Erolfa
    10. Green Valley

1. GIT
    2. SMW
    3. Aventus
    4. Erolfa
    5. Bois du Portugal
    6. OV
    7. MI
    8. VIW
    9. Acier Alum
    10. Original Santal
    11. Orange Spice
    12. Bois de Cedrat

from the ones i've tried/own, it has to be Aventus....wonderful stuff, and my wife adores this on me!!

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    1. Green Irish Tweed
    2. Vintage Tabarome
    3. Bois Du Portugal
    4. Original Vetiver
    5. Virgin Island Water

I think it's hard for some to admit what is likely the greatest house.
    It's easier to big up for the underdog, and I always cheer for the underdog.
    But until the quality is there, I'm just cheering, not buying.
    Looks like alot of the veteran posters were right about Selection Verte years ago. 2-1/2 years and a new release has changed things:

1. Windsor
    2. Selection Verte
    3. Green Irish Tweed
    4. Millesime Imperial
    5. Green Valley

Creed BDP, no second thoughts... unless I can get my hands on a vaulted bottle of Vintage Tabarome, Cypres Musc, Royal Scottish Lavender or Cuir de Russie

MI
    SMW
    GIT
    BdP
    Himalaya

Cypres Musc is wildly underrated.

orange spice
    git
    original santal
    mi
    BdP
    Knize Ten !

Green Valley (I love this stuff)
    BdP
    Cypres Musc
    GIT
    Baie de Genievre

Going against type here, but I don't get the fascination with MI or Erolfa.
    Life's a bitch. If it were a slut it'd be easy.

At the moment:

1. Aventus
    2. Bois du Portugal
    3. Tabarome Millesime
    4. Erolfa
    5. Silver Mountain Water
    6. Himalaya
    7. Green Irish Tweed

I own and love a bunch but for sake of just not listing every one I'll do my top three.

1.Creed Windsor-So subtle yet amazing. Probably the fragrance I would wear everyday if I could.
    2.Original Vetiver-Smooth and rich. Love it.
    3.Silver Mountain Water-At first its strong but smells amazing as time goes on. Smells like nothing else...in a good way.

Bois Du Portugal