Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Which Creed fragrance do you like best?

Tell us what you like most and why. Here's mine:

1. Green Irish Tweed
    2. Silver Mountain Water
    3. Millesime Imperial
    4. Himalaya
    5. Original Vetiver

Sorry I didn't specify the first time, but I was also hoping you list them in order of preference, 1 being your top choice. But I guess those who replied already did it that way.

And yes, I am a fan of Creed, and this thread is just out of my curiosity what other Creed fans prefer, that's all.
    Last edited by cologneguy; 26th February 2008 at 02:37 PM.

Default Re: Which Creed fragrance do you like best?

1. Silver Mountain Water
    2. Millésime Imperial
    3. Green Irish Tweed
    4. Virgin Island Water
    5. Erolfa
    6. Original Vetiver
    7. Original Santal
    8. Neroli Sauvage

I don´t know why I never bought Himalaya or Bois du Portugal (I´m not ready for this one...too young)

-bois Du Portugal
    -original Vetiver
    -green Irish Tweed
    -silver Mountain Water
    -m.imperial

Is it just me or BN is becoming more and more some sort of creed-cult group?
    meh I will bite.

Erolfa
    SMW
    Imperial
    BdP
    Acier A.

IMHO, very over rated:
    VIW. Without the creed lable, this scent would have been "average". Tommy Bahama SSSB and Very Cool are similar and actually better.
    GIT. Must be a cultural thing. I can't not understand why something so similar to Cool Water would be liked so much.
    BdP True there is nothing like it. But it is not the best fragrance ever either.
    OV. Mugler cologne was released 3 years before you, you overpriced homage( .~~)
    Himalaya. The product of a developed idea. Eternity, XS, D&G PH, Herrera, Chanel PE. almost 10 years later, Himalaya.
    Last edited by irish; 26th February 2008 at 01:52 PM.

At this time I lean towards Imperiale and Acier Aluminum.

1. Millesime Imperial
    2. Green Irish Tweed
    3. Silver Mountain Water (the blackcurrant still grosses me out, but the scent turns beautiful in 30-45 min.)
    4. Bois du Portugal
    5. Selection Verte/Original Vetiver/Feuille Verte

Those are my 5 faves, but all have very similar alternatives: Unforgivable Multi-Platinum, Cool Water/Chez Bond, Hamptons, PdN New York/Heritage, Mugler Cologne. It's pretty easy to go budget on Creed smell-alikes.

I've tried to love AA/AE (too dirty), VIW/SF/FdtRB (too fem), RD (great on paper, not on my skin), RW (too boring), Erolfa (Amouage Arcus won out over this).
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

1.Original Santal
    2.Green Irish Tweed
    3.BdP
    4.Vetiver
    5.Hopefully Royal Delight

1. Erolfa
    2. Bois du Portugal
    3. Royal English Leather
    4. Silver Mountain Water
    5. Green Irish Tweed
    6. Tabarome
    My Top Six - Guerlain Vetiver, Santal Noble, Bois Du Portugal, Antaeus, GIT, Vetiver Extraordinaire

Wardrobe

1. Bois Du Portugal
    2. Millesime Imperial
    3. Green Irish Tweed

Acier Aluminium

Quote Originally Posted by cologneguy View Post
    And yes, I am a fan of Creed, and this thread is just out of my curiosity what other Creed fans prefer, that's all.
    I am a fan of Creed but I have a question. Can you tell us when and how you encountered Creed? I am just curious as to why most newbies here start off with a Creed thread, thats all.
    -

Thumbs up Re: Which Creed fragrance do you like best?

My Dad told me about it. When he went to Neiman Marcus. He bought the Taborome (Which I Hate).

Green Irish Tweed & BdP.

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    I am a fan of Creed but I have a question. Can you tell us when and how you encountered Creed? I am just curious as to why most newbies here start off with a Creed thread, thats all.
    We are not all back-water, unintelligent beings, LOL. I knew of Creed long before joining basenotes. When developing my fascination with fragrances, I knew there had to be higher offerings in the world than what could be found at the local mainstream market. I did some research and it seemed that Creed was revered as a top luxury line. Not knowing how it smelled or if it was worth the money, I did another search and aquired some samples. This is probably how most people go about it. I will admit that since joining basenotes, I hear of exciting things that was not previous knowledge.

Now back to you, share with us how you discovered Creed. I was lead by my own cognition. Were you introduced through basenotes as your question would suggest? To answer the original question, I don't have an answer as to which Creed I like the best. I am currently investing interest in other houses although I will make an effort to reconnect with Creed in the future.
    Last edited by Scentologist; 26th February 2008 at 04:54 PM.

1) Feuille Verte

All tied for second:
    Selection Verte
    Green Irish
    Green Valley
    Orig. Vetiver
    Bois du Portugal
    Millesime Imperial
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

You know scentronic, you said what I was thinking. There are so many that are a complete tie. I like most of them with an equal amount of enthusiasm. In fact, if I ever get another creed, it most likely will be selection vert but it is hard to tell at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    We are not all back-water, unintelligent beings, LOL. I knew of Creed long before joining basenotes. When developing my fascination with fragrances, I knew there had to be higher offerings in the world than what could be found at the local mainstream market. I did some research and it seemed that Creed was revered as a top luxury line. Not knowing how it smelled or if it was worth the money, I did another search and aquired some samples. This is probably how most people go about it. I will admit that since joining basenotes, I hear of exciting things that was not previous knowledge.
    I have been to pretty much every perfume blog and site on the net and Creed isn't discussed as much as Serge Lutens, Guerlain, and other houses there. Or maybe you discovered Creed at Neimans/Saks or through a friend/relative?

As for me, I learned about Creed through Basenotes and was initially here to find info on some Polo and Bulgaris.

For the original question: its hard to pick one amongst offerings like Vintage Tabarome, Acier Aluminum, Selection Verte, Feuille Verte, REL, BdP, Bois de Santal, Santal Imperial, M. Imperial, SMW, etc..
    -

I know only 20 of them, and don't know BdP.
    And now: by far Vintage Tabarome and Green Irish Tweed are the favourite ones. That is they are the only ones for which I would give money (GIT I do have now). I see that Original Vetiver is a great scent, but I simply can't wear any vetiver.
    For a time I thought Royal English Leather will be a big love too, but the romance is over.
    And the others - well, they fell short of my expectations. Simply put, for me they aren't complex, they are rather short-lived, and they aren't intriguing.
    But nice to see happy people wearing them
    Last edited by Sandy; 26th February 2008 at 05:55 PM.

BdP, by miles - i dont mind the 'retro' facet, I like it more because of it.

But to be honest, ive only tried four Creeds.
    GIT - 'sorry' - just dont get it!
    Silver Mountain W - utterly foul concoction.
    OV - Yes, nice - its OK, but I've encountered others similar that I prefer (much) more.

BdP though .. is a Symphony!
    and the music plays on, and on, without repeating and ever changing.
    Wonderful, rich, melodic tones.

Sur la Plage

1. Bois du Portugal
    2. Acier Aluminium
    3. Original Santal
    4. Green Irish Tweed
    5. Original Vetiver

1. Baie de Genievre
    2. Bois du Portugal and Green Irish Tweed (tie)
    3. Erolfa
    4. Tabarome (Millesime)
    5. Royal English Leather
    6. Imperiale

Thats on me. For women, I love the smell of Fleurissimo.

1. Green Irish Tweed
    2. Vintage Tabarome
    3. Bois Du Portugal
    4. Original Vetiver
    5. Virgin Island Water

I think it's hard for some to admit what is likely the greatest house.
    It's easier to big up for the underdog, and I always cheer for the underdog.
    But until the quality is there, I'm just cheering, not buying.

I haven't tried many of 'em but I'd say:

1. Acier Aluminium
    2. Original Vetiver
    3. Himalaya

Not sure yet how I feel about BdP...

1. BdP
    2. Acier Aluminium
    3. Orange Spice....This one is new to me and i love it.
    4. G.I.T./Erolfa
    5. BdG
    Last edited by mttafire; 26th February 2008 at 08:08 PM.

1. Silver Mountain Water
    2. Bois du Portugal
    3. Himalaya
    4. Green Irish Tweed
    5. Millesime Imperial

I was totally indifferent to GIT until lately when I got a decant from Perfumed Court. It's grown on me.

1. Bois De Cedrat
    2. Citrus Bigarrade
    3. Millesime Imperiale
    4. Green Irish Tweed
    5. Selection Verte

I own all of the above except for Selection Verte but with summer coming it may soon be mine also.

In no particular order;

Bois du Portugal
    Erolfa
    Green Irish Tweed (after 20 minutes it smells nothing like Cool Water!)
    Neroli Savage
    Millesime Tabarome

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

I just bought a tester of SMW from an Ebay dealer I trust and have used many times. I can already smell the freshness! I've owned it several times.

Windsor
    Original Vetiver
    Green Irish Tweed
    Silver Mountain Water
    Last edited by nsamadi; 17th September 2010 at 01:04 AM.

Selection Verte
    Acier Aluminium
    Green Irish Tweed
    Royal Scottish Lavender
    Baie de Genievre
    Christian Dior VetiverPatou Pour HommeChristian Dior Leather OudOrmonde Jayne Ormonde ManSerge Lutens Chene

I had as many as 15 different Creed bottles and sold off all but my favorites:

Erolfa
    SMW
    Baie de Genievre
    Green Valley
    Vetiver (1948)

I've only tried three.. Neroli Sauvage, GIT and Angelique Encens. The only one I ended up likeing was Angelique Encens.

I have a sample of MI on the way... I'm glad to see most of you have included it in your lists.
    Hopefully, this could be another Creed I end up likeing.

Based on notes and description, I'm interested in Chèvrefeuille Original, Green Valley, Original Vetiver, Baie de Genièvre and Fleur de Thé Rose Bulgare.

Vintage Tabarome
    Royal English Leather
    Acier Aluminum
    Bois du Portugal
    Ambre Cannelle
    Orange Spice
    Neroli Sauvage
    Original Vetiver
    Baie de Genievre
    Green Irish Tweed
    Original Santal
    Silver Mountain Water
    Tabarome Millesime
    Erolfa
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 26th February 2008 at 11:35 PM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Top 5: Bois de Portugal (my all time favorite), Baie de Genièvre, Original Santal (a civilized version of Joop!, IMHO), Acier Aluminium and Green Irish Tweed. Royal Delight comes close to my Top 5, but has a bit too much jasmine for my taste.

I've yet to sample Royal Water. Neroli Sauvage is delightful, but has horrible longevity -- at least on my skin.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 27th February 2008 at 12:26 AM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

for some reason royal water reminds me a bit if fred haymans "hollywood" for men...
    just a bit.

The two that I have liked the most:
    BdP and Himalaya. I don't know if I like one more than the other - they suite just two different feelings for me.
    "Faites des bêtises, mais faites les avec enthousiasme !" Colette

I have several (very different) favorite Creeds, though I'll break 'em down into "traditionally" M/F/Uni:

Male: Vintage Taberome (only have a sample, and completely LOVE this stuff. I own a FB of Taberome Milleseme, which is good, but much lighter/sharper/ginger-up than the Vintage, which is like diving head first into the 1940s), Tabarome Milliseme.

Female: Fleurissimo, Jasmine Imperatrice Eugenie and Tuberose Indiana

Uni: Baie de Genievre (which some say is "male" and I say, "ha!"), Vanisia
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Quote Originally Posted by frank06 View Post
    Green Irish Tweed & BdP.
    Great minds think alike.

I like whichever one I'm wearing at the time best. I don't know any other way to put it, but I'm pretty happy with anything I've bought, and when I wear them, I'm content. REL and BdP are top favorites in the abstract, Vetiver '48, Tabarome Millésime, Selection Verte, and vintage Tabarome are also, but when I wear Cyprès-Musc or Acier Aluminium I'm just as happy with those.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Wow, Green Irish Tweed is DEFINITELY the most popular Creed fragrance on Basenotes

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy View Post
    Original Santal (a civilized version of Joop!, IMHO),
    Original Santal is a great fragrance on its own - its nowhere the sillage monster that most people make it out to be. BdP, Royal Delight, REL and quite a few others have far more sillage and longevity. Am I the only one who gets a very alluring spicy BO like accord in this?
    -

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic View Post
    1) Feuille Verte
    Me too. FV is amazing!
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

1) Imperial
    2) Silver Mountain Water
    3) BdP
    4) Himalaya
    5) Santal Imperial

Original Santal is a great fragrance on its own - its nowhere the sillage monster that most people make it out to be. BdP, Royal Delight, REL and quite a few others have far more sillage and longevity. Am I the only one who gets a very alluring spicy BO like accord in this?
    In a cheaper vein of course, kinda reminds me of the spicy BO in the Carlos Santana fragrance, or Dunhill Desire, or Romance Silver. Maybe all these don't have a BO note but they share a kind of warmth that reminds me of the color red that is spiced up with ethnic remnants of mexican culture.

I am quite new to this forum, and WOW I am impressed... in less than 24 hours, I got 40+ replies from you guys. I appreciate it.

1. MI
    2. GIT
    3. SMW
    4. BdP
    5. Erolfa

Testing Selection Verte right now....I need to give it a few days and I'm sure it will move into my top five...just bought a flacon and it is fantastic!
    Current Wishlist: Vetiver Extraordinaire, Rousse & Opus 1870

Ok, good question. I've been around browsing the huge reviews database of Basenotes for years now, but have not become a member of the forum. I've noticed that Creed has consistently been in the Annual Awards, so I got real curious and then googled if this brand is available locally.

I first encountered Creed at their local outlet in a high-end department store. I was instantly hooked when I smelled SMW and MI, the first 2 that I smelled. Didn't care for GIT the first time as it smelled like Clear Water, but it eventually became my first Creed, when I immediately liked its smell upon settling down on my skin with its nice drydown.

Hope this satisfies your curiosity.

I first encountered Creed while in the Military. I was stationed (for 6 years) near Palmdale Ca.
    Which is VERY CLOSE to Los Angeles.. Somehow i got to try it and viola..I fell in love with it.
    Been using it exclusively (except for AdP now and then) ever since.
    To this day, BdP reminds me of L.A. (i now live in Ohio)
    Last edited by mttafire; 27th February 2008 at 04:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I just bought a tester of SMW from an Ebay dealer I trust and have used many times. I can already smell the freshness! I've owned it several times.
    ChuckW, which ebay dealer are you talking about?

Mi
    Viw
    current favourites: guerlain vetiver, trumper eucris, adp colonia
    latest swag: cdg man2, lolita lempicka au masculin
    next buys: keiko mecheri oliban, michael by michael kors

To take a non-newbie stab at answering this...

1) I think Creed is not sold with the major designer fragrances, and so is niche, but is also easy enough to find that it is accessible. It's also expensive, but not totally outrageous. It's accessible niche, if you will.

2) I think that Creed's website, which distinguishes between masculine and feminine fragrances is in line with most Basenoter's proclivities in that regard.

3) I think it's a self-sustaining cycle: Creed is ranked highly on this site in terms of most viewed scents, which makes people check it out, which leads to it being hyped, which leads to it being ranked highly in terms of views, which leads to newbies checking it out, etc.

4) They make many relatively pleasant and easy-to-wear fragrances that have a broad appeal.

5) Their marketing creates an image of exclusivity that many folks enjoy.

Anyway, as to original topic, I like many Creeds, not so much some others. I consider it somewhat overrated on Basenotes, but mainly because the house gets SO MUCH discussion here, often to the exclusion of other equally worthy houses. I am also somewhat put off by some overly zealous adherents of the house. (Though I'd also say I have a soft spot for Creed itself since it was what attracted me to this site as a newbie.)

My current personal favorites:
    - Acier Aluminium
    - Vintage Tabarome

Very well stated. I see many new folks start with Creed before they branch out into more challenging, interesting fragrances. Sort of like how every beginning Jazz fan buys a copy of Miles Davis' Kind of Blue. Its a good record, and its popular for a reason, but it is a starting point rather than an end.

-Slim

Quote Originally Posted by robyogi View Post
    To take a non-newbie stab at answering this...

1) I think Creed is not sold with the major designer fragrances, and so is niche, but is also easy enough to find that it is accessible. It's also expensive, but not totally outrageous. It's accessible niche, if you will.

2) I think that Creed's website, which distinguishes between masculine and feminine fragrances is in line with most Basenoter's proclivities in that regard.

3) I think it's a self-sustaining cycle: Creed is ranked highly on this site in terms of most viewed scents, which makes people check it out, which leads to it being hyped, which leads to it being ranked highly in terms of views, which leads to newbies checking it out, etc.

4) They make many relatively pleasant and easy-to-wear fragrances that have a broad appeal.

5) Their marketing creates an image of exclusivity that many folks enjoy.

Anyway, as to original topic, I like many Creeds, not so much some others. I consider it somewhat overrated on Basenotes, but mainly because the house gets SO MUCH discussion here, often to the exclusion of other equally worthy houses. I am also somewhat put off by some overly zealous adherents of the house. (Though I'd also say I have a soft spot for Creed itself since it was what attracted me to this site as a newbie.)

My current personal favorites:
    - Acier Aluminium
    - Vintage Tabarome
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

Well said, Robyogi.

MI, OV, GIT

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Imperial
    Erolfa
    SMW
    VIW
    GIT
    Royal Water
    Himalaya

It is hard to pick one as "the best," because they are all so wonderful and unique. If I had to choose, it would be Imperial.
    Last edited by Maz24; 27th February 2008 at 05:55 AM.

I've only had the opportunity to try about 10 Creeds, but of those, Original Vetiver and Original Santal are my favorites. I own GIT, and like it, but it just doesn't wow me like the other two.
    For swap/sale: Dior Leather Oud, Pure Malt, Floris Vetiver, Vintage Tiffany, Charriol Royal Leather, Dior Homme; Dior Homme Intense, Chanel PMC, M7 gel, Roma (women's), Spicebomb, Trussardi Uomo, Obsession, others...
    http://tiny.cc/rd8ptw
    (swaps)
    http://tinyurl.com/a7qoley
    (sales)

I had passed by the large Creed selection at NM for years, but figured that the English style bottles were aimed specifically at the yacht and polo set. I had also frequented the Perfume of Life board years before discovering Basenotes, and over at PoL, by and large, they worship Lutens and dismiss Creed as mens aftershave, boring scents for boring people, drugstore quality etc. I actually believed these comments for awhile, until I couldn't help but admire the red and gold Original Santal bottle at NM. After testing it, I soon discovered that the line wasn't anything I imagined it to be, and a great majority of the Creed scents aren't particularly gender-specific either.

Favorites:
    Feuille Verte, in a class by itself - Olivier's lush green paradise.

Silver Mountain Water
    Royal English Leather
    Acier Aluminium
    Original Santal

These are just top favorites. There are plenty of others I like a lot, own or are thinking of owning.

it seems Bdp, GIT, SMW, Acier, tabarome are clear winners...

"Perfume To Go All She Wants" is my one of my favorite eBay sellers. That's where I have purchased probably at least 50 bottles over the years.

Since it isn't clear yet I'll point out that many of the recent Creed threads are apparently no more than bait for gullible Basenoters.

But keep replying if you wish. I would simply tell the person to search the archives.

If I could only own five Creeds, I would go with Vetiver '48, Selection Verte, and Royal English Leather for daily wear; Vintage Tabarome and Acier Aluminium for evenings.