Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 31 to 35 of 35
  1. #31

    Default Re: Clear Antaeus bottle

    Congrats! Not for individual sale makes me think it was a promotional item such as large sample kit or special release like get a free splash if you buy a big bottle type thing.

    Dior privee has a similar small bottles that look like the big ones.

  2. #32
    Basenotes Junkie
    roro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    970
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Clear Antaeus bottle

    Quote Originally Posted by adamn2020 View Post
    So it came in the mail today! And I could not wait to open it up and try it. It’s a splash bottle and the cap was super tight! May have never been used. But it smells just like my bottles of Antaeus! Below are pics of the actual bottle compared to another Antaeus sample that I have. The black bottle has a dark orange juice that I have decanted and the bottle I just received is way lighter in color. But they smell the exact same! Very interesting find but I think I am happy! Let me know what y’all think. Very well could be the “sports cologne” version but You think that is what they would have on the actual bottle, because people will end up buying Antaeus instead of the sports version lol. The color of the juice is what intrigues me!
    Attachment 109129
    I've seen these 30ml splash bottles for sale, often several being sold together. Usually it's the classics from Chanel's feminine line (No.5, No.19, No.22, maybe COCO as well).
    Makes me think these bottles comprised some sort of coffret offering from Chanel. Another thing I've noticed is that they seem to have been distributed by Chanel US only.

    My guess is that the glass is clear because the 30ml bottles were produced in limited numbers to begin with, and it wouldn't have made sense to produce one type (black) that was different from the others.

    I don't think that's the Sport Cologne flanker. Still, congratulations. 30ml of Antaeus goes a long way.
    Currently wearing: Ô de Lancôme by Lancôme

  3. #33
    Dependent Slayerized's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    8,140

    Default Re: Clear Antaeus bottle

    Quote Originally Posted by adamn2020 View Post
    So it came in the mail today! And I could not wait to open it up and try it. It’s a splash bottle and the cap was super tight! May have never been used. But it smells just like my bottles of Antaeus! Below are pics of the actual bottle compared to another Antaeus sample that I have. The black bottle has a dark orange juice that I have decanted and the bottle I just received is way lighter in color. But they smell the exact same! Very interesting find but I think I am happy! Let me know what y’all think. Very well could be the “sports cologne” version but You think that is what they would have on the actual bottle, because people will end up buying Antaeus instead of the sports version lol. The color of the juice is what intrigues me!Attachment 109128Attachment 109129
    Nicely displayed with those (Rolex?!) watches on the background
    Congratz on this beauty! I myself own an older 100ml bottle from 2000 which really smells awesome and way richer than recent stuff.
    On the back of the bottle it says: 'not for individuel sale' which means that they were most probably not for sale for the public and had another purpose?! (tester/display/gift model?!)
    My Top '11' of main current rotation in no particular order:

    - Fragrances of Ireland: Patrick
    - Polo Blue Gold Blend edp
    - Antaeus (vtg)
    - Azzaro: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - TF: Ombré Leather
    - Al Haramain: Excellent
    - SA: Shaghaf Oud Abyad
    - SA: Al Basel
    - D&G: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Mancera: Red Tobacco
    - Mancera: Aoud Vanille

  4. #34

    Default Re: Clear Antaeus bottle

    Quote Originally Posted by Slayerized View Post
    Nicely displayed with those (Rolex?!) watches on the background
    Congratz on this beauty! I myself own an older 100ml bottle from 2000 which really smells awesome and way richer than recent stuff.
    On the back of the bottle it says: 'not for individuel sale' which means that they were most probably not for sale for the public and had another purpose?! (tester/display/gift model?!)
    Yea could have been some part of a promotion but I was worried about the smell, and if maybe the top notes have faded. But nope! Must have been stored in a cabinet or something because it smells just like my vintage I have

  5. #35

    Default Re: Clear Antaeus bottle

    Quote Originally Posted by roro View Post
    I've seen these 30ml splash bottles for sale, often several being sold together. Usually it's the classics from Chanel's feminine line (No.5, No.19, No.22, maybe COCO as well).
    Makes me think these bottles comprised some sort of coffret offering from Chanel. Another thing I've noticed is that they seem to have been distributed by Chanel US only.

    My guess is that the glass is clear because the 30ml bottles were produced in limited numbers to begin with, and it wouldn't have made sense to produce one type (black) that was different from the others.

    I don't think that's the Sport Cologne flanker. Still, congratulations. 30ml of Antaeus goes a long way.
    That makes the most sense! Why make all clear except just one! But yea this should last me for some time!




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000