Code of Conduct

Question Have YOU ever had DREAMS about/had a fragrance in it?

So for the first time, that I can remember, I had this dream about some trench coat guy trying to steal all my colognes. I for sure wasn't going to have that so I killed him with my shoe, don't ask how. He was all bloodied up, I saw something shiny in his coat and I go to check it out and there is none other than LE LABO ROSE 31. The last time I smelled that was about a year ago. Maybe this all has to do weith me signing up with basenotes a couple days ago.

Is anyone else as crazy as me?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Have YOU ever had DREAMS about/had a fragrance in it?

It's a sign, buy a bottle of it.

Hi! My name is Barry and I am a fragrance addict and I have had dreams about fragrances several times.
    Usually when I am trying to narrow down several choices to just one possible purchase. I know there are wars going on in the world, homeless people,.....so much more that I should be focused on....

but in my feeble mind at 3:00 AM it is alot to ponder whether I should buy Cuir Ottoman or Vetiver 46....and then they enter my dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    I know there are wars going on in the world, homeless people,.....so much more that I should be focused on....
    Be ignorant, no joke, but if you worry about shizz like that, you won't enjoy your life My dads like that, and i'd rather spend a day with a dead horse :P

I can't say that I remember any dreams about fragrances but I'm sure I've had them.
    Top 6: Amerigo Vespucci, by Kilian A Taste of Heaven, Serge Lutens Borneo 1834, Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta, Creed Bois du Portugal, Barney's New York Route du The

Lol, I forgot to mention this in my last post! After discovering that Le Labo did 15ml bottles, I got very happy. I had a dream that a lady in a white lab coat knocked on my door, left lots of tiny little bottles on my door step and ran away. I think it was inspired by Le Labo :P?

Basenotes once featured in a dream. How's that.

Blog Entries

I remember a dream I had, but I can't remember what frag it was. In the dream, I was giving a first sniff to something I had been excited to try but it didn't smell a thing like I was expecting. I was really disappointed until I realized that I kind of liked it
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Maybe not fragrance dreams, but sometimes i think about fragrance to help me fall asleep.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

no, not at all.........

summer means fireflys

I had this crazy dream right before New Year's Eve 2005. I dreamed that a voice was telling me to wear Chanel 5 (BTW, my favorite number is 5). The voice told me that Chanel 5 would be very lucky for me, that only good things would happen for me if I would just wear it. This dream was so vivid and lifelike, I remember it still.

Well, I hunted down a decant, because a girl can't have too much good luck, you know. Believe it or not, New Years Day 2005, was the first time wearing Chanel 5 ... and no, it wasn't good luck for me at all. I tried it a few more times that year, and while I got a few compliments, I wouldn't call it especially lucky.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Unhappy Re: Have YOU ever had DREAMS about/had a fragrance in it?

Yes. Alot. But they are never fragrances that exist in the real world. In my dreams, people give me gifts with weird names like "l'eau d'Solomon's Temple."

Bizarre...

I had a strange dream that I bought Le Male, and sprayed it all over myself. When I went outside, people started complaining that something was suffocating them and they were feeling sick. So I went home, took a long shower to get the smell off, but it was still there afterwards. The funny part is I haven't even tried Le Male yet and have been waiting a while because I heard the longevity is great although it's very strong, and I asked the customer service on the JPG site for a sample, no reply yet.

The only dream that I can vividly recall where a scent (fragrance, rather) was a pivotal object took place a couple of years ago. In fact, I believe it was well before I found Basenotes (pre- April, 2005). I don't recall a lot of detail, but it took place in a retail store. One of those department type non-mall stores somewhere here in Chicago. It was definitely something vintage, perhaps even archaic: The entrance even had a turnstile! But there I was, browsing about and accompanied by some friends, and I believe my step-brother was there as well. Then, someone pointed out something to me and I went over to take a look. There, beneath the back of a showcase was a box. bizarre as it was, I was looking behind the counter, where customers would not normally go, but I pulled the box out nevertheless. It was a good sized box, maybe 24 inches long and 15 or so inches tall and deep. Corrugated cardboard, something merchandise would be kept in. I unfolded the flaps and what, to my surprise, did I find: About a dozen or more bottles of Calvin by Calvin Klein. Packaged in the dark blue boxes and all were the 3.4 oz. larger size. It was like I won the lottery! This is one of my favorite scents and there I was with a chance to add few bottles to add to the collection. I asked out loud if they were for sale and someone who appeared to be employed there at the store told me to just TAKE them!! I was beside myself!! I asked, take....as in free?? They nodded when I asked and as I picked up the box.......I woke up!!

It was a very strange dream....made me wonder.....

"Do I need MORE bottles of this stuff??"

I think I'll be O.K. - but the thought of being set for a couple lifetimes.......

I often wake up smelling fragrances that aren't really there. I've even written a few reviews after some of those dreams - of course I later check out the fragrances against the reviews for accuracy. The reviews are always right on with what I smell waking.

I like that question quite a lot and here's my story...
    There is not an official distributor for Hermes in my country. However, I desperately wanted Terre d'Hermes. I was daydreaming about that scent for such a long time. Finally, one of my female friend bought it for me in Wien. After that I dreamt that my little nephew broke my bottle of Td'H. Oh God, how angry, how sad, how disconsolate I was in my dream. Sometimes a wake could be a very good thing.
    My next dream was much more pleasant. I was lying in a field. It was completely dark. Some woman was lying next to me. I didn't know who she is and how she looks like, but somehow I KNEW that she could be very dear to me. I just heard her breathing and felt her smell. It was Midnight Poison. I felt heavenly... Sometimes a wake could be an awful thing.
    “As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others.” Peter Handke

No, never. If I did dream about fragrances, I'd be starting to doubt my sanity. LOL.

About two nights ago, I dreamt I was wearing and enjoying Tauer's L'Air du desert Marocain. I had been sampling it and a full bottle had just recently come in the mail. Somehow the "scent image", although it is non-linear, had found its place in my olphactor-memory and I indeed remember smelling the scent in the dream.

I recall a snippet of a dream last night where I reached over to my nightstand to grab a glass of water for a sip, but somehow grabbed my L'Anarchiste bottle (though it's never there, it resides on my dresser) and somehow took a swig from it. It wasn't as bad as I would have thought.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I've been finding lately that a spray of Bulgari pH on my neck just before I go to sleep greatly helps me fall asleep. I also had a dream last night about a bottle of Rive Gauche I won on ebay (that still hasnt arrived) getting to my house, except the seller had made a mistake and sent me a giftpack with the body wash and aftershave as well as the EDT. Good dream I guess, and eagerly awaiting my Rive Gauche arrival early next week

after reading this thread, today I had such a small dream:

C. Sheldrake says: We can not launch Iris Silver Mist, because everybody would fly to the moon

I don't know what does it mean
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

I had a dream of Guerlain Coriolan and that it smelled just like Tuscany.

I haven't smelled it yet, but for some reason I don't think my dream was very accurate.
    Last edited by Nicolas V; 6th March 2008 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by foetidus View Post
    I often wake up smelling fragrances that aren't really there. I've even written a few reviews after some of those dreams - of course I later check out the fragrances against the reviews for accuracy. The reviews are always right on with what I smell waking.
    This happened to me last week, I woke up from a nap smelling Bandit, so bizarre! I hadn't worn it in a while, so it wasn't on my clothes or anything.

Then I went and put some Bandit on, it was just like my 'dream'.

I have dreams about finding bottles of DK Men and not paying through the nose for them.

Freud said you are everyone in your dreams...

I dream about fragrance and fragrance shopping often.
    Gary

One time I had a dream that was infused with the aroma of Voleur de Roses - rose and patchouli. It was strange. The scent just flowed all through me in the dream. I thought that particular scent must have been a direct free association connecting to an attitude or state of mind that I had when I had worn VdR. . . maybe.

My friend was wearing Iceberg Twice & I was surrounded in tonnes of wonderful sillage. He was saying how cheap it was to buy & I was shocked at how long it lasted.
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

Last night I dreamed I found a small (30ml) shiny rhodium-plated A*men bottle lying face-down partially buried in an expanse of black sand. When i picked it up and turned it over in my hand, the cutaway area on the bottle was a curved tear-drop shape with blue glass. Very odd and very vivid indeed.

Basenotes Institution

I dreamt last night that I got a sample of Musc Koublai Khan and this time I could smell it (as many of you know, I am anosmic to the musk in MKK and I can't smell it in real life).

It smelled horrible - kind of like a backed up sewer. The smell was very vivid in my dream. And I remember thinking - oh I have to post about this on Basenotes, in my dream.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Yes.....this happens often to me.....Gary

Last night, I had a dream in which I remember acknowledging to somebody that, "Yes, that IS saffron you smell" in Montale's Aoud Lime.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I dreamt last night that I got a sample of Musc Koublai Khan and this time I could smell it (as many of you know, I am anosmic to the musk in MKK and I can't smell it in real life).

It smelled horrible - kind of like a backed up sewer. The smell was very vivid in my dream. And I remember thinking - oh I have to post about this on Basenotes, in my dream.
    Mike...i thought i was the only crazy one...!

i cant smell the musk in MKK either!! nothing at all.....i remember getting a big sample of it from a very generous basenoter and thinking it was some sort of a joke since i could barely smell anything.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

This is so weird but last night I had a dream that my grandma took me to a perfume shop that was painted entirerly black and had a clerk standing at a desk, and every single inch of wall space was covered with little bottles labeled with real perfume names, I remember seeing Drako Noir and Coco Mademoselle and YLS Elle, but then I picked up a bottle of Balenciaga Ho Hang and smelling it and when I smelt it a very strong spicy woody sensasion came over me so strong that it woke me, I also told me grandma in the dream that she sould buy a bottle of Lolita Limpricka for herself.
    Last edited by lightgreen22; 28th November 2008 at 03:22 AM.

Hell no. But it would be a message from the ancestors to get help ; - () There's hardly any room for food in my medium sized fridge, for cries' sakes!

A few nights ago I dreamt that I was attending a fragrance industry trade show with a lady friend. I remember the show was being held somewhere in the western U.S. There were many couples, mainly older people in their 50s, sitting around nude and caressing one another.

We walked up to a counter where we registered for the show. There were bottles of frags on the counter, and I reached out, grabbed a bottle of Axe something-or-other, and sprayed myself about 10 times.

We then walked over to an adjacent room with large double doors. My girlfriend presented her registration and went inside, but for some reason I stayed outside feeling disoriented. Then I woke up.

I don't know what this dream means, hopefully nothing!

I've had dreams about Costume National Scent Intense.

I first smelled this at Barneys in Seattle right when I was getting into niche frangrances. I was so utterly fascinated and intrigued by this scent that it haunted my mind for months. I was completely obsessed, almost to the point where I would get "phantom whiffs" of it or something similar to it in the air. By this point I was starting to dream about it once or twice a week. I remember when I woke up I had no recollection of how it actually smelled in the dream or if it actually smelt of anything.

I had to look up this thread. Last night I dreamed that I was in a two story wooden fragrance shop and I was able to sniff Spiritueuse Double Vanille. I saw it in the large bottle and it was also offered in 30ML I remember going around smelling other things but th SDL stuck out most in my mind. The funny thing is, I TRIED SDL in person, in real life, at Bergdorf in NYC and I simply CAN NOT remember it (I tried Iris Ganache as well and they are both totally gone from my memory!)
    Last edited by nthny; 24th December 2008 at 04:01 AM.

I had a dream last night that I remembered.

A buddy of mine and me were sitting down on the floor by a couch staring at a wall maybe 7 or so feet away with a wastepaper basket by the wall.

We were spraying paper and smelling it and throwing them across the room. We were laughing and it felt like I was drunk or high or something. It just clicked right now that what we were spraying was some patchouli heavy frag on the paper and pretending we were smoking weed.

Freaked me out.

I hadn't seen this thread before -- so funny! I have occasionally had fragrance-related dreams, mostly about sampling things in a store. I also remember having a dream when I first fell in love with PG Bois Blond and was paranoid about it being a limited edition -- dreamed that I got a note assuring me that it was being added to the permanent collection. I guess that dream came true!

I also had an interesting related experience. I was on a meditation retreat recently and noticed that certain of my fragrances would pop into my head from time to time, just like random thoughts come into my head. I could actually smell the fragrances in my mind. I never had this experience before my interest in perfume. It's like smells are part of my normal thinking now.

Last Night! OMG, I was dreaming that I was in a fragrance store with random people and they were picking up fragrances left and right. I do not remember what juices they were smelling but this guy sprayed something in the air and smelled it. Then he said, "I like that, I am going to get it" then I replied by saying, "Hmm, I wonder what other people think about it and what the notes are, I am going to check online at this website I am a member of called Basenotes", then I woke up When I woke up, I quickly sprayed because I had the sudden urge to, Habit Rouge. I dont know why I was HR and not the rest. Cant Wait to Sleep Again Tonight!