Code of Conduct

Arrow Your expert recommendations for a fan of YSL In Love Again, Dior Forever & Ever, etc.

I would love to hear your recommendations for my next fragrance purchase. I tend to gravitate towards fruity florals but i'm open to suggestions.

My favorite standbys are: YSL In Love Again, Dior Forever and Ever, Creed Spring Flower.

I also like: Annick Goutal Petite Cherie, Chanel Cristalle edp,

My "heaviest" fragrance and also my sexiest, is Narciso Rodriguez for women.

i think there are a lot of peach, jasmin, sparkling fruity/floral notes in common with all the above.

The following scents are "too light/clean and one-dimensional, lacking a sweetness" to me : Moschino I love Love (too lemony), D&G Light Blue, any of the fresh "Sugar" scents, any Jo Malone.

The following are "too sweet and sickly" to me: Juicy Couture, Miss Dior Cherie, Nina Ricci Love in Paris, any of the Escada series.

So you see, i'm looking for sweet but not too sweet, light but not too light, something memorable. It's a very fine line.

any recommendations from you expert noses? i'd love to hear.
    Last edited by cinnabon; 28th February 2008 at 02:03 AM.

Default Re: Your expert recommendations for a fan of YSL In Love Again, Dior Forever & Ever,

Try the new Versace and also Innocent Illusion.

My favs for fruity/floral....

Versace EDP
    Delices....Cartier
    Incanto Charms.....SF
    Lolita Lempicka

You can also check out the thread for fruity/florals for more suggestions.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Default Re: Your expert recommendations for a fan of YSL In Love Again, Dior Forever & Ever,

Annick Goutal soliflores,
    L'Artisan Parfumeur soliflores,
    JC Ellena everything, including Hermes Un Jardin sur le Nil and Hermes Kelly Caleche,
    Gres Caline, Grain de Folie,
    Yves Rocher soliflores (Pur Desir de ________ ) and Neonatura Elevate Me,
    YSL Baby Doll,
    Gucci Envy,
    Torrente My Torrente (egg-shaped bottle),
    Armand Basi Femme,
    Nina Ricci older scents,
    Cacharel Noa Fleur,
    Alfred Sung Sha,
    Crabtree and Evelyn many,
    L'Occitane many,
    last but not least Guerlain Acqua Allegorias: Lilia Bella, Grosellina, Foliflora, Rosa Magnifica.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Annick Goutal soliflores,
    L'Artisan Parfumeur soliflores,
    JC Ellena everything, including Hermes Un Jardin sur le Nil and Hermes Kelly Caleche,
    Gres Caline, Grain de Folie,
    Yves Rocher soliflores (Pur Desir de ________ ) and Neonatura Elevate Me,
    YSL Baby Doll,
    Gucci Envy,
    Torrente My Torrente (egg-shaped bottle),
    Armand Basi Femme,
    Nina Ricci older scents,
    Cacharel Noa Fleur,
    Alfred Sung Sha,
    Crabtree and Evelyn many,
    L'Occitane many,
    last but not least Guerlain Acqua Allegorias: Lilia Bella, Grosellina, Foliflora, Rosa Magnifica.
    Those are all excellent recs!

Wink Re: Your expert recommendations for a fan of YSL In Love Again, Dior Forever & Ever,

Quote Originally Posted by Divatologist View Post
    Try the new Versace and also Innocent Illusion.

My favs for fruity/floral....

Versace EDP
    Delices....Cartier
    Incanto Charms.....SF
    Lolita Lempicka

You can also check out the thread for fruity/florals for more suggestions.
    I definitely second these! Honestly can't think of any better suggestions! Way to go Divatologist!

Vera Wang - not a fruity one but a beautiful, flawless (to my nose) uncomplicated-but-not-boring floral.

Have you tried Guerlain's Champs -Elysees? It might be what you're looking for: light (but not too light), airy, sweet (but not sickly sweet), sparkling, happy, and definitely memorable... It's one of my favourites for sure.