Code of Conduct

Wink NEW: Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche

the notes sounds nice...check out:

http://nowsmellthis.blogharbor.com/b...7/3548417.html

Default Re: NEW: Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche

Hmmm... can't wait to try this. I've been a fan of the entire Allure Homme line, and honestly think that Chanel has a good point in leveraging the Allure branding for this new, seemingly (based on the notes) exciting scent.

I tried the Edition Blanche.. and can't say I was really moved by it.. I will comment further on it later when I have more posting time!

a.
    Current Top 5: Timbuktu, Gris Clair, J. Cassanova, Zino, Rose Poivree

Is it a summer edition? And how much it will cost?

so these are most likely in the stores?

i'm thinking of hitting up nordstrom or the chanel boutique today to see if they have it out yet.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sleekblackroadster View Post
    so these are most likely in the stores?

i'm thinking of hitting up nordstrom or the chanel boutique today to see if they have it out yet.
    Nordstrom has it. I bought it there. I think it will be nice in warm weather.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Can't wait to try this....Sounds nice.
    Gary

me too ... i used to be an allure addict, but now i can't justify buying a bottle, except for nostalgia's sake. hopefully this is just new enough to warrant its purchase.
    Oh please, if everyone around here is going to start telling the truth, I'm going to bed. - The House of Yes

How many versions will they come out with? Channel, move on already!

Agreed. Chanel have a good track record with Mens Fragrances on this forum but this endless recycling of Allure is straining credibility. Still, if it smells good, few will be complaining.

personally, I'd prefer them to release much less often - say one new fragrance very three years but clearly that is just not economically viable for them.

I really do hope we do get a new mens fragrance from Chanel though. Not a variation of a past scent, hopefully the addition of Sheldrake will create something classy yet striking, but hopefully not 'overdone' as a lot of the SL scents are

Don't stand by my old post anymore
    Last edited by InconcievableZen; 17th November 2008 at 10:02 AM.

I found this Allure with a citrus/vetiver accord. Not strong more a light fresh woody summer scent.

I do agree that Chanel needs let go of the Allure Homme line and branch out into a new fragrance line for men.

Gosh since Allure they have launched - Chance, Mademoiselle - for women.

5 hours later it's gone on me. Not that great longevity

Polge made two of my "scents I will never be without" in Chanel Pour Monsieur, and Tiffany for Men. Allure is also pretty damn good, so I will have to give this one a go.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    I do agree that Chanel needs let go of the Allure Homme line and branch out into a new fragrance line for men.
    Chanel likes the magic of numbers. It's the 4th Allure. They will definetely create the 5th (No 5)
    ALLURE (SPORT) BLACK LABEL INTENSE
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

my hope is that they will understand that keeping this trend will eventually ruin the legacy and status of Chanel house.

Hope they produce something different AND then allow themselves play with any number of editions of previous scents.

tried it. not a fan.

the citrus has more body than in the Sport Cologne, sweeter in a way. though, it disappears afterwards. no substance whatsoever in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by street_a_licious View Post
    tried it. not a fan.

the citrus has more body than in the Sport Cologne, sweeter in a way. though, it disappears afterwards. no substance whatsoever in this one.
    That doesn't sound too hopeful.

Yesterday I tried it. I don't quite see why the name Allure again. To be honest I didn't understand it when Allure Cologne Sport came out, either.
    Lemony, but not as much as Cologne Sport, and I find something in it which I simply didn't like. I'm not a fan of the original Allure, but liked the citrusy Cologne Sport, which one day might be bottle-worthy. But not this one. Thinking it over, I simply don't see why came out Chanel with a not-so-good Cologne Sport. The little difference just made it worse.
    I'm eager to see if other guys find it an improvement.

nah this stuff is great and amazing.

Today saw the deo-stick of Blanche in the shop. Anyone tried it? Wonderful that the full line has appeared

I like. A soft lemon sandalwood. A perfect people pleaser, all-round scent without getting cliché.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

The opening has too much lemon for my taste, and fades from the buttery base into nothingness way too fast.
    Last edited by Sokkou; 23rd January 2009 at 01:15 PM.

Isn't it grapefruit, not lemon?

Odd timing.... my only complaint with AHEB is it's longevity. I sprayed it on a blotter and it lasted 3 days. Funny how that happens. Still, it's a great summer scent.

I get more lemon than grapefruit in the top of Allure Blanche. I get both but the lemon definitely has the lead on my skin.
    I find this to be a really solid business meeting scent for me.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

I am dying to try this. Might have to go get it for myself as a birthday present...

It`s a high class sophisticated scent. Great for summer!
    Last edited by Oslo-Fjord; 23rd January 2009 at 04:15 PM.

My local shop has a couple of bottles but no tester. I don't like the idea of paying $130 for a blind purchase, but I might do it just because the bottle is so awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by RicoSuave View Post
    My local shop has a couple of bottles but no tester. I don't like the idea of paying $130 for a blind purchase, but I might do it just because the bottle is so awesome.

What, $130 for THAT !? Do it if you want, I sure as heck would not. We are talking about Chanel here and the year is not 1955. If cash is not an issue, then no problem. But I would think you could play it a bit safe and get some other bottle(s) that are better priced, better scented, and have better longevity.

I have a bit of a bias against Chanel, as I think Allure Homme and Allure Homme Sport are awful and headache inducing.

$130?!

You can get it 50 ml for $57 at Chanel's official online shop... or 100 ml for $76 (free shipping!)

Here's the link:
    http://uma.chanel.com/fragrances/all...fragrances.php

^^Thanks, but that won't work for me. They only ship to the U.S.

It smells great very fresh, and i have got lots of comments on now nice i smell. I hope they make it a full line and not just a one off only thing i find is the bottle looks slightly cheap and reminds me of the white J12 watch!
    Last edited by PALACEFAN; 26th January 2009 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RicoSuave View Post
    ^^Thanks, but that won't work for me. They only ship to the U.S.
    Sorry, I cannot see which country are you from.

compared to anteus, pour monsieur, egoist, and platinum, it is a very poor relation.

if you need a recent chanel go with bleu, but better still, stick to the first 4 in this sentence as they blow that one out of the water too...

It's OK and I wear it withouth reservation, but agree with the poster above.

I completely don't understand why you can get this at Nordstrom's, Macy's, at Chanel.com etc.. for $59/$79 for the 1.7/3.4, yet everywhere else from the online retailers to ebay, they are all overcharging for this. Did a Google shopping search and almost everyone is asking over $100 for the 3.4 .. even testers!

Basenotes Junkie

^^^ for real they overcharge like pure malt and dhi vintage style