Code of Conduct

Default Smelled today D&G The One for men

While visiting today my local shopping center I was surprised to find the latest fragrance for men by Dolce Gabbana. I'm not reallt good at describing scents, but all I can say is that the top notes are a bit fruity and the overall feeling is close to that of Davidoff's Adventure. I didn't dislike it, but I think it's everything but revolutionary.

Default Re: Smelled today D&G The One for men

Regardless of whether this is a good fragrance or not, it'll be a huge seller for sure.

I did not try adventure so can't tell if it's good or bad, but I guess I am glad to hear that it does not smell like AdG.

Along with Versace Pour Homme, this is the scent that I've been very ancious... could you please describe it more? is something like Hypnose Homme? the ad describes it well?.. I wonder that this should be consider a classical fragrance, isn't it? and what about the longevity...?

Quote Originally Posted by 30/04/1982 View Post
    Along with Versace Pour Homme, this is the scent that I've been very ancious... could you please describe it more? is something like Hypnose Homme? the ad describes it well?.. I wonder that this should be consider a classical fragrance, isn't it? and what about the longevity...?
    I'll try to do my best...
    It's not really close to Hypnose Homme, at least not in my opinion. I didn't see the ad so I can't really say if it describes it well but I can certainly smell there the cedar and grapefruit that appear in the notes. The longevity, at least on me, is mediocre (4-5 hours). Hope it helped a bit

If you had to classify it very vaguely how would you do so (e.g. Woody/Fresh/Oriental?)

And what would be similar to it other than Davidoff Adventure ?

Ikwoops ... wrong thread ... sorry!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Currently wearing: Sybaris by Antonio Puig

Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    Regardless of whether this is a good fragrance or not, it'll be a huge seller for sure.
    A clairvoyant. You can gain mountains of money with your talent.
    Currently wearing: Amber Oud by By Kilian

wrong thread
    Last edited by gewoonBB; 13th January 2020 at 02:29 PM.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by gewoonBB View Post
    Attachment 116634

• AMOUAGE OPUS II •

Opus II opens strong, with what to me seemed like a spicy, nutty, green scent. Looking at the listed notes, it's likely the combination of wormwood, bay leaf and peppers, with a hint of citrus, but it reminded me a of walnuts or even rucola/rocket. It's tart and it has a good amount of earthiness. The notes in this are some of Amouage's mainstays: lavender, jasmine, frankincense, patchouli. I was expecting the florals to dominate, but in stead, there's plenty of woods to balance things out and to give this fragrance weight. Compared to my other Amouage experiences so far, the texture seems completely different. I'd say Reflection Man comes off very liquid, while the others were somewhat powdery, but mainly waxy. Opus II feels very airy and ozonic to me. There is of course Amouage's trademark frankincense, but in my, admittedly limited, experience, I wouldn't expect this from the house. The drydown isn't particularly different, with florals and spices doing the tango on a wooden floor. After a couple of hours I definitely still get a prominent walnut scent. It's very niche and also very masculine. I'm glad that I tried this, because it broadens the field of Amouage for me. To wear, Opus II leans too green for my personal taste, but if you're into green and patchouli fragrances, this might be a winner •
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post
    lmao no idea how I posted it in this thread, just clicked wrong