Code of Conduct

Question Nautica Sunset Voyage & Tommy Bahama Set Sail South Seas - Anyone Tried yet?

I did not turn up much on a search, with summer fast approaching these two scents intrigue me but I have not yet made it to the mall. Anyone have any feedback on these yet?

Default Re: Nautica Sunset Voyage & Tommy Bahama Set Sail South Seas - Anyone Tried yet?

I haven't tried these but will be the first to say that I won't rush out to sample them.

Default Re: Nautica Sunset Voyage & Tommy Bahama Set Sail South Seas - Anyone Tried yet?

I did try the new Tommy Bahama last week at Nordstrom and was not impressed. Its just a more sparkling fruity version of Tommy Cool.

This scent started strong but fizzled out in about a half hour on my skin.

Smile Re: Nautica Sunset Voyage & Tommy Bahama Set Sail South Seas - Anyone Tried yet?

Nautica sunset voyage is actually very good, but a litlle spicy for a summer fragrance. its more suitable for fall. but none the less its great,but not marine or summery at all. citrus/spicy/wood

I tried the new Set Sail South Seas at Nordstrom. To-date, I thought the original Tommy Bahama and Set Sail St. Barts's were very successful in achieving what they set out to (I was more neutral to Very Cool, thinking it was essentially an Issey Miyake clone). In that regard, I was looking forward to the new one.

My initial feeling...not bad, but probably not up to St. Bart's. South Seas has a very nice citrusy opening that I found to be similar to the very first and best CK One Summer (green bottle). However, instead of drying down into a long-lasting musk like St. Bart's, this one kind of just dissipated into a pleasant but unspectacular acquatic/marine. Longevity was average at best (e.g. couldn't really smell anything after three hours). This will indeed work very well for summertime, but I personally don't think I need another fragrance in this particular vein right now. I will probably give it another shot or two in the next couple of weeks to confirm my first impressions.
    Last edited by CM Wolff; 3rd March 2008 at 12:16 AM.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by CM Wolff View Post
    I tried the new Set Sail South Seas at Nordstrom. To-date, I thought the original Tommy Bahama and Set Sail St. Barts's were very successful in achieving what they set out to (I was more neutral to Very Cool, thinking it was essentially an Issey Miyake clone). In that regard, I was looking forward to the new one.

My initial feeling...not bad, but probably not up to St. Bart's. South Seas has a very nice citrusy opening that I found to be similar to the very first and best CK One Summer (green bottle). However, instead of drying down into a long-lasting musk like St. Bart's, this one kind of just dissipated into a pleasant but unspectacular acquatic/marine. Longevity was average at best (e.g. couldn't really smell anything after three hours). This will indeed work very well for summertime, but I personally don't think I need another fragrance in this particular vein right now. I will probably give it another shot or two in the next couple of weeks to confirm my first impressions.
    I had pretty much have the same thoughts/feelings about Set Sail South Seas after sampling it today at Nordstroms. It was nice, but it definitely didn't thrill me.

If I find it later this year at Marshalls/TJ Maxx for $19.99 (3.4oz bottle), like I did with Set Sail St. Barts, I may buy it - but certainly not at full price.

Well I tested the new Set Sail, I was underwhelmed as well. I liked St. Barts last year much better, even the counter lady broke from her sales routine and agreed. It's not bad, just so light and unremarkable.

No go on the new Nautica, no one had it yet at the mall.

Blog Entries

I'll go back and try Sunset Voyage, but I tried South Seas and it started out rather pleasant, and then dissipated into this fruity dish soap thing that I'm not going for.
    --------------------------------------
    So I did end up going back to Dillard's and trying Sunset Voyage, and I really liked it. Sort of hard to describe, sort of a spicy citrus with what to my nose is a prominent lavender note, which then fades into a pleasant fragrance. Longevity didn't seem to be very good though, I almost can't smell it after two hours.
    Last edited by bluesoul; 4th March 2008 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost