Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Counterfeit Millesime Imperial

[QUOTE=samplermike;1183963]There is nothing that smells like BdP so it would not be a good item to counterfeit.[QUOTE]

PdN New York smells more like BdP than Cool Water smells like GIT or Mugler Cologne smells like OV. Granted PdN New York isn't cheap stuff, but just proving the point that "nothing" is a very strong word. Maybe you can tell the difference, but 99% of people wouldn't be able to.
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

Yeah, I think next is Spring Flower and Love In White.
    Fade gradients of Orig. Santal/Vetiver are harder to duplicate than monochrome.

Im brand new to this site fellas. Hope you dont mind if I chime in on this particular convo. I purchased MI from fragrance.net a few days ago. Service was VERY quick and when it arrived, I looked at the bottle and it was clear. I was reading that they did away with the gold bottle(which was a pretty good perk for buying this) for the 08' releases. Is this true? Ive also never dealt with fragrance.net before. Are they official, as far as the product they sell? Anyone? Thanks!

yep they did away with the gold foil coating and now the bottles are clear with gold stickers.

fragrancenet.com is a fine retailer imo. i prefer scentiments.com however. they are not, however, official 'authorized' creed retailers, in the sense that they do not sell for retail pricing. they are official in the sense that you will get an authentic creed product.

i purchased a mi bottle from fragrancenet.com a few months back and got a gold coated one so they must have just gotten the new stock.

Ok, cool! That definitely makes me feel better about my first $100+ dollar purchase. It definitely smelled officialI I bought Tom Ford Black Orchid a while back and that almost hit the $100 dollar mark and I almost lost it! LOL! But as I get older and make more $$, sometimes somethings just change. I guess I'm saying as you get older, you have to step your game up a notch. Ill be giving feedbacks on how MI treated me! If it worked for my boy and all of the others on this site, i'm sure i'll have a crazy story to tell as well.

I will miss that gold foiled bottle though. That was one of the perks to having the stuff IMO.

if you knew how often i found tiny gold flakes on myself you'd understand why they had to get rid of the old bottles. yeah they look pretty neat but even when i am really really careful pulling the cap off and handling the bottle gently, i still manage to flake off more and more of the gold.

but yep enjoy that millesime imperial i find it to be a very impressive frag.

I understand where youre coming from now that you said that.

Ill have some feedback on this frag here in the next week or two im sure!

Rather than do away with the gold foil, they should have used a similar gold coating as the silver coating on Himalaya...
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances