Code of Conduct

Default Fragrances and Traveling?

Hi basenoters I have a question. I am going on a trip to Florida were I will be flying for a few hours. I have heard that putting your fragrances in the cargo (with no pressure) can cause them to get destroyed, thus smelling of alcohol and fading fast. I have payed a lot for my fragrances, I don't want to get them destroyed. :P Is there anyway to transport them safely on an airplane? (Also I believe that you are not able to bring the fragrances on the plane as a carry on, since they don't allow liquids to enter the plane, not sure why)

Thanks

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Fragrances and Traveling?

I travel all of the time for work and check a bag that has fragrances in it. It has not caused me any problems. But if you are concerned, here are the TSA rules:

- All liquids, gels and aerosols must be in three-ounce or smaller containers. Larger containers that are half-full or toothpaste tubes rolled up are not allowed. Each container must be three ounces or smaller.

- All liquids, gels and aerosols must be placed in a single, quart-size, zip-top, clear plastic bag. Gallon size bags or bags that are not zip-top such as fold-over sandwich bags are not allowed. Each traveler can use only one, quart-size, zip-top, clear plastic bag.

- Each traveler must remove their quart-sized plastic, zip-top bag from their carry-on and place it in a bin or on the conveyor belt for X-ray screening. X-raying separately will allow TSA security officers to more easily examine the declared items.

So you can carry fragrances on as long as they are in a container that is 3 oz. or less and they have to fit into one quart size plastic bag with whatever other liquids/gels/aerosols you are carrying on.

Have a safe and happy trip!

put them in decants or only take samples with you....

Quote Originally Posted by Pugsley_f5 View Post
    put them in decants or only take samples with you....
    This is what I do, take samples. No probs.

Fill plenty of atomisers !!

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Take samples if you can. Otherwise, travelling did not cause much problem, however few times spraying machanism would get damaged or begin shooting instead of spraying. Did not notice any damage to scent.

Better yet, don't take anything with you, so you're forced to buy some nice new goodies abroad. As for traveling back with your new acquisitions.....I can't help you with that