Code of Conduct

Default I am thinking of buying SMN Melograno....

Should I buy this fragrance blind?

My current favorite colognes are Malle's VE, Creed MI and OV, Eau Sauvage, Guerlain Vetiver and Habit Rouge and YSL Pour Homme (1971) and Rive Gauche...

Should I take the plunge and buy this frag?

Thanks

Default Re: I am thinking of buying SMN Melograno....

I like some SMN's, but this I didn't like. Too sharp and feminine smelling for me.
    They always promote this one, saying it was in the latest James Bond movie.
    Well they forgot to ad that, in that particular scene, he found it in his dead girlfriends purse. Do sample it first, I'd say.
    Last edited by eric; 4th March 2008 at 12:05 AM.

No, I wouldn't buy this one blind. It is a fine scent, but merits trying before buying. I too almost bought it blind and then came upon it in a boutique. It smelled so incredibly different than what I expected that I ended up skipping it. Perhaps I'll revisit it now that more time has elapsed.
    You are not your perfume.

I think perhaps this one is a bit too fem. Although if you can pull it off, go for it!

Thanks for the opinions. I tend to prefer fragrances that are clean, subtle, but definately masculine. I have smelled some other SMN fragrances (vetiver and patchouli) and quite enjoyed both. I don't want to smell like an old lady though...

I'll be another one to add the recommendation of not going for this one blind.
    It's very nice, one the feminine side of unisex to me. Very powdery in the dry down on my skin but it has a sharpness to it that others have mentioned. I see you like some powder, (Habit Rouge, Rive Gauche) but looking at the other scents you mention as your favorites, Melograno is nothing close to those at all.
    I understand from a female friend that the Melograno body products/soaps are stupendous so if you end up liking the scent, this will be a great addition.
    I ended up sampling this several times and finally decided not to buy a full bottle.

Eric

Off-Scenter

Exclamation Re: I am thinking of buying SMN Melograno....

Quote Originally Posted by ClassyFields View Post
    Should I buy this fragrance blind?...

Thanks
    No, no, no, no, no, and nooooo! Do not buy Melograno blind.

Melograno is an intensly weird scent, and nothing among the favorites you list will adeqautely prepare you for it. This is a love-it-or-hate-it, must-test-first fragrance. If you're expecting it to smell much like pomegranate, it doesn't. (At least to my nose.) It's very floral, powdery, and jam packed with aldehydes.

Test it.

You have been warned.

I think this is a great fragrance that a man can definitely pull of, but it's certainly distinct. It's very powdery and has a certain Italian summery elegance to it. Has major lasting power too. But trying this before you buy would be a good idea.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

It`s a good fragrance but very powdery.Longevity is very good,on me it did not project much.
    This is definetely a scent to try before you buy.