Code of Conduct

Question IQUITOS fans ... Are you still loving this one ?

How do all you IQUITOS owners still feel about it ?

By dimitrios69

Does it still excite you ?
    Is it back up worthy ?

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Default Re: IQUITOS fans ... Are you still loving this one ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    Does it still excite you ?
    Is it back up worthy ?
    Yes, and Yes .
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Post Re: IQUITOS fans ... Are you still loving this one ?

ABSOLUTELY....Marvelous Rose fragrance, with a sweet woody dry down. Whats not to love?
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

great & great !!

SALES

Thumbs up Re: IQUITOS fans ... Are you still loving this one ?

Just got some more today! It completely rocks! I can't imagine not having it. Two big thumbs up.
    I have read in Plato and Cicero sayings that are wise and very beautiful; but I have never read in either of them: Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden.'' --Saint Augustine

“Hastiness and superficiality are the psychic diseases of the twentieth century, and more than anywhere else this disease is reflected in the press.”--Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Where from & how much should one pay bbobkc ? ... if I may be so bold .

SALES

I own it. It was very popular with BNers at one time, and often mentioned together with C&S #88. I had had no chance to sample Iquitos and bought it blind. There is indeed a something Iquitos and C&S 88 have in common: a certain gloominess, I guess. But something in it is too much for my taste. It's also on the sweeter side of fragrances. I dropped it when I discovered the wearability of modern rose fragrances offered by Lutens, L'Artisan and Malle.
    Last edited by narcus; 4th March 2008 at 04:41 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

My bottle (about 25ml left) is at least six years old. In the 80s I thought Iquitos was a very risqué perfume for a man, and the name was ever so romantic, but nowadays I hardly wear it more than twice a year. Somehow I feel it suits my mother better.

Sur la Plage

I just wore this recently after a long absence. Wow - it's just an amazing and gorgeous rose fragrance. It was just perfect on a warm pre-spring day in the Midwest (where I am working). It's a shame that truly great fragrances like this get discontinued.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 17th February 2011 at 08:34 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I've got to wear this one soon, to try and determine if I want to keep my bottle. I've been sampling old "women's" frags lately, and have to say that I prefer some of them to my memory of Iquitos (haven't worn it in at least half a year). I remember it as being too fruity, without a base that wasn't especially compelling. Next time I wear it, hopefully I'll remember this thread and post back here.

Still love it after many years.

AromiErotici

Cool to cold weather frag with jasmin being instigated by a subterranean rose. Strong stuff and "perfumey" to say the least. I can't say I wear it much, but I do love having it in the drobe to periodically remind myself of how anemic current masculines are.

Yes, I enjoy it and am looking to get another bottle.

It can be a bit much sometimes, especially with generous application. But it is nice to have that problem, as Aromi implies, than have it disappear after a couple of hours.

Rose BOMB!

Never smelled it, but is it in the same vein as Tenere or Zino, both of which, I adore.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

I haven't done extensive sampling side by side, but Knowing seemed to be the closest thing to Iquitos that I've come across.

Quote Originally Posted by manicboy View Post
    Never smelled it, but is it in the same vein as Tenere or Zino, both of which, I adore.
    It doesn't smell like either, but it's in the same powerful vein. It's sort of a damp rose with the dirt and soggy decaying leaves under the rose bush, and then with a lot of aldehydes added. It's like a very wet and more powerful rose version of Van Clef & Arpels PH. It's a sad moistness. I don't recall any sweetness per se, as in Tenere's honey thing, but Iquitos is sort of like an olfactory equivalent of the visual of bruised rose pedals scattered over wet camouflage pants.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    It doesn't smell like either, but it's in the same powerful vein. It's sort of a damp rose with the dirt and soggy decaying leaves under the rose bush, and then with a lot of aldehydes added. It's like a very wet and more powerful rose version of Van Clef & Arpels PH. It's a sad moistness. I don't recall any sweetness per se, as in Tenere's honey thing, but Iquitos is sort of like an olfactory equivalent of the visual of bruised rose pedals scattered over wet camouflage pants.
    Good one, Chris!

its nice to see one of your old threads resurrected !! thnks petruccijc
    I ended up getting a small 1oz bottle of this & used over half of it , i use it sparingly now .
    Like everyone else its strong & rose prominent & Dust's description is accurate & the best ive read.
    cheers

if nikola tesla would've made an electric rose.. it'd would've smelled of Iquitos..

yes all the way. comparison to No.88 is so apt..i would also add DC 1913 to the list...this is as good as niche.

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    Good one, Chris!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    ...Like everyone else its strong & rose prominent & Dust's description is accurate & the best ive read.
    cheers
    (Thanks for the good words gents. Good to be here talking with such good company in scent appreciation. My friends in my daily life would just think I'm nuts if I described a commercial smell that way.)
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.