Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sous le Vent

Default Re: Sous le Vent

I was quite taken with my sample of Sous le Vent this week......
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Swaps
    Wanted

Basenotes Member

The more I get familiar with it, the better I love it. I love the presentation also.....and now want to get it in the 500 ml bee bottle

This is one of the best kept secrets in the perfume world... count me in as another great fan. I have fallen in love with it in the past weeks. I agree fully with JaimeB's and drseid's reviews. drseid speaks about an almost limelike accord in the opening that I definitely see as well. It must be the citrus (bergamot), herbs (mainly tarragon I am rather sure) with the green notes joining in.
    The drydown lingers on for a long time, very quietly and refined with a distinctive chypré accord (I can smell the oakmoss here faintly before Sous le Vent finally fades out). There is a slightly animalic and naughty facet hidden in the base structure that I assume will bloom better in summer. In summary I'd say it is a slightly powdery and animalic aromatic chypré with a hint of the new Vol de Nuit extrait's green note and a woody touch of Roja Dove's chypré Diaghilev.
    It is not discontinued 'for the moment' as the official Guerlain wording is...
    Last edited by Larimar; 28th January 2012 at 05:27 PM.

One of my favorite fragrances. It reminds me of a combination of Jicky and Eau de Guerlain. I also smell very close similarities to Derby in the drydown. Very uplifting fragrance that works well all year round.
    Top ten

1. Patou Pour Homme
    2. Patou Pour Homme Prive
    3. Portrait of a lady
    4. Jubilation XXV
    5. Cashmere Oud
    6. Tribute Attar
    7. Ambre 114
    8. Clive Christian No. 1
    9. Jardin d Amalfi
    10. Eau de Patou Pour Homme

Sous le Vent was my signature scent for about ten years. Still love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis View Post
    Sous le Vent was my signature scent for about ten years. Still love it.
    Was it readily available before 2006, Luis? I thought it had been discontinued quite some time ago before the revival.

Basenotes Institution

I mentioned on another thread that one time I wore this scent out, to a nightclub, and some guy actually told me I smelled great & asked me what I was wearing. I told him the name - he'd never heard of it (of course). I asked him what he liked about it and his response was 'It smells like powder, but really really nice powder'.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 26th November 2012 at 12:24 AM.
    "All problems are illusions of the mind."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I am so tempted to purchase. . .

Is there any news of SLV being discontinued? this is a wonderful unisex.

(know that the new Derby in the wooden bottle is altogether a different beast from the older Derby in the bee bottle, which I love.)
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel
    Currently wearing: Black Orchid by Tom Ford

I think I have mentioned it in another thread, but Sous le Vent is not produced aymore. This is according to an internal source.