Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hypnose vs. Egoiste vs, Acier Al.

I am not saying that the three fragrances are similar. It is just that I feel that one could fulfill the function of the others and there would be no point in owning the three at the same time. I do not remember very well how does Hypnose smell but as I said, I relate it to Egoiste. I need to buy one but I do not know which one. Unfortunately I do not have time to sample the three of them. So, in your opinion which is the better one. And where would be the best place to get it? 1.7oz is good enough for me.
    Last edited by irish; 4th March 2008 at 03:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hypnose vs. Egoiste vs, Acier Al.

I think it's a toss up between the AA and the Egoiste. Hypnose doesn't come close in my book.

I don't think the three are even in the same ballpark. AA is dense amber(gris) and sensual with some darkness. Very powerful and fairly linear yet still amazing.
    Egoiste is a tad transparent to me with a long, lovely dry down and it's got that rose in the middle that's just awesome and the vanilla, sandalwood base that is one of the best in men's fragrance IMO. It's slightly sweet but not too much so. Also a powerhouse but not as much so as AA on my skin.
    Hypnose is a decent modern fragrance but shares nothing with the above except some sweetness but it gets to the point of cloying on me. It's got this density that reminds me of Le Male and Body Kouros, two scents that I got rid of as fast as I bought. I don't find Hypnose to be very original and I wouldn't mention it in the same breath as AA or the original Egoiste.

I think both AA and Egoiste merit testing and owning. Egoiste can still be found on the net but I understand it will be exclusive to Chanel boutiques soon. AA is from a Creed retailer or E-Bay of course. Please report back if you check them out.

Eric

Post Thanks / Like

I have Hypnose, and I have a bottle of Egoiste on order. I have not tried AA.

I think Hypnose is a very lavender scent, Egoiste is more other-floral. I think you could have both and not feel like you bought the same thing twice. A small bottle of Hypnose (1.7oz) is ~$50 retail. Egoiste is only 3.3oz and ~$70 if that helps.

Some don't like Hypnose much, but many really do like it - I tried it and love the stuff. I am actually wearing it right now.
    Last edited by Bromo33333; 4th March 2008 at 03:34 PM.
    ===
    [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me nave, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross. ~ David Sedaris

hypnose has the nutmeg going on and is so so similar to intuition which leaves me to wonder why they bothered? Go with AA to be safe or if you are adventurous, go with Egoiste.

Post Thanks / Like

Nutmeg? I do not remember that part. That is an instantaneous no-no for me.
    Last edited by irish; 4th March 2008 at 06:50 PM.

egoiste.

acier aluminum is awesome but different, and more expensive. you may find you want to add this later but for now i'd say get the chanel its classic and super-tasty.

For now i`d go with Egoiste.This is a great scent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

AA is one of *THE* best men's scents out there. But then again, it is by no means safe like the other two.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    hypnose has the nutmeg going on and is so so similar to intuition which leaves me to wonder why they bothered? Go with AA to be safe or if you are adventurous, go with Egoiste.
    Nutmeg? Really? I don't smell it if it is there, though I do smell lavender.
    ===
    [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me nave, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross. ~ David Sedaris

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Egoiste

Strawberrynet.com has it and they ship to Mexico: http://oth.strawberrynet.com/product...19700&goChar=C

Egoiste is the only real must-have out of the three

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Egoiste

Strawberrynet.com has it and they ship to Mexico: http://oth.strawberrynet.com/product...19700&goChar=C
    Thank you mikeperez23, that is always good to know. However, I live in USA. I have the flag there as I believe my tastes and perception are more Mexican than American (whatever that means), but I still like the idea of an international citizen.