Code of Conduct

Default So who's looking forward to Tauer's Incense Rose?!

Tauer's Incense Rose is launching this month...I'm pretty excited considering the line is one of the only niche fragrance lines that shows genuine consistancy. Then again I'm new to this smellers world

http://www.tauerperfumes.com/website/index.php?lang=en

Blog Entries

Default Re: So who's looking forward to Tauer's Incense Rose?!

As copied from the website.

Incense rosé is a mysterious fragrance built around smoking frankincense, with rose and citrus notes, and dark balsamic resins.

First, you might find a few rose petals, from a dark and spicy rose. The natural bergamot and Clementine essential oil, together with just a hint of cardamom play there with the natural rose absolute from Bulgaria.

The fragrance is lifted by orris notes, rendering it vibrant and clear. At the same time it is dark and rich, with castor and woody notes playing on the skin.

It is the Texan cedar wood, vetiver and the balsamic, dark and mysterious notes of myrrh and patchouli that are all dancing with the incense. This natural frankincense, CO2 extracted Boswellia serrata, is softened by balsamic labdanum and ambrein.
    Well it certainly sounds good, though I'll admit I've not heard of the house (I'm new to all of this too). EDIT: Oh, this is the house that created L'air du desert marocain? Neat.

Pyramid-ish:

Top Notes: Bergamot, Clementine Oil, Cardamom, Bulgarian Rose
    Middle Notes: Orris, Castoreum, Vetiver, Patchouli
    Base Notes: Cedar, Myrrh, Balsa, Labdanum, Ambergris

Definitely interesting enough that I'll consider it when Luckyscent starts carrying it.
    Last edited by bluesoul; 5th March 2008 at 03:00 AM.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

i'm super-excited.

tauer = perfume-creating ninja
    current favourites: guerlain vetiver, trumper eucris, adp colonia
    latest swag: cdg man2, lolita lempicka au masculin
    next buys: keiko mecheri oliban, michael by michael kors

This is a current thread that will help you gauge interest in Incense Rose:

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=205396

As for me, I have sampled both Incense Extreme and Incense Rose.

Of the two, only Incense Rose is on my 'must buy' list.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

I have a sample arriving any day now. I'll report back.

I have a sample of it, but I need to test it more, I only vaguely remember that it turned slightly sour on me and it is very unisex. I agree on the fact that one could smell the signature of Andy Tauer, and there is something special about them.

I know I wanna test it for sure. Love L'Air du Désert Marocain!

I have been playing with a sample of this stuff for the past few days and it really smells of quality. It took me a bit to warm up to it 100% but i finally realize how amazing this stuff is. I liked it from day one but it really starts to hit you how much quality is in this scent and how seamlessly the notes are all blended together. Also, you realize how these scents all really work so well together. It is simply a stunner for sure. The Clementine and bergamot have this background note that lasts throughout the entire development that keeps this scent sharp, juicy and perfect for summer yet the base notes of frankincense allows this scent to be a masterpiece when worn at night and even dressed up. Works so well!! There is simply nothing in the market like it!!

How does it compare to Domenico Caraceni?
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Given that LDDM is my current Grail, I would trust Tauer well enough to buy this blind. In fact, off to LuckyScents for pre-order...

It has good ingredients anyway. The castoreum should help it a lot.

His fragrances usually bore me but this one could be better.

Basenotes Institution

I'm looking forward to smelling this!

I thought that I would be traveling to LA the exact weekend that Andy is going to be at Scent Bar, but I realized that I had to postpone my travel a week so I won't be able to attend the sniff-and-greet - I'll be there the following week.

Last time I was at Scent Bar in December the owners had already smelled both the Incense Extreme and Incense Rose and they both preferred the Rose - they said it was very good.

I will smell it when I'm at Scent Bar next month. Perhaps if they have the Domenico Caraceni on the shelf I'll test both side-by-side.

Now, I'm excited!!

Is it true to its name? Is there a strong element of Incense and of Rose, because if so, i'd quite like to see how they smell together, but the notes and snippets seem to suggest otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Is it true to its name? Is there a strong element of Incense and of Rose, because if so, i'd quite like to see how they smell together, but the notes and snippets seem to suggest otherwise

Yes, it is true to its name.

I have recently been exploring incense scents and rose scents (okay okay, and leather scents too - but that is not pertinent here) - so I jumped at the chance to sample Incense Rose.

I have tried it twice now and appreciate it a lot more now than after my first wearing.

To me, the rose is very prominent from the start - the beginning is a bit jumbled and off-putting but settles down after a bit. Initially the rose is a little too feminine for me but eventually changes to a rose vaguely in the vein of No. 88. C&S No. 88 is hands down my favorite rose and its rose note to me is unique - so I am not putting Incense Rose in that category - but IR has moved into my second place ahead of Rose 31, Domenico Caraceni Pour Homme and VdR.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

I've been testing this one for the last few days and am still undecided. There's a subtle metallic coldness (maybe the rose accord?) to this that conflicts with the warmth of the oriental aspect of this composition. The clementine is juicy and delicious to smell - it also helps that it lingers for quite some time. I don't get much rose in Incense Rose but it's definitely there in the background. Also, I get an Opium PH EDP vibe every now and again that doesn't help matters.

It's definitely an improvement on Incense Extreme but I'm still not sure if it's bottle-worthy.

I'm really looking forward to trying it since It combines two of my favorite notes, though that's not always a guarantee.

Believe me - you'll love it.

Honestly, since owning Black Aoud, I can't fathom to search for another rose fragrance since I am so terribly spoiled by the splendor of BA.