Code of Conduct

Default Let's make love - Which candles?

Just quoting the famous Marilyn movie as an excuse to ask you fellows which candles would you choose to scent the bedroom or in general the house for intimacy moments with your partners

Default Re: Let's make love - Which candles?

I use to burn candles all the time in the bedroom more for the flicker of the flame than the scent. It provided the right amount of lighting. I quit doing this because I can't stand candle smoke anymore. It tears my sinuses up.

Excellent question to which I cannot answer. I'm curious to know if anyone has suggestions.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Sur la Plage

A lot of candles that I see marketed as "sensual candles" usually have ylang-ylang in them - mixed with a combination of one or more of the following: jasmine, sandalwood, rose, patchouli.

I personally like to use some of the Slatkin Kabbalah candles. A few of my favorites are:

- Sexual Energy - Amyris, Saffron, Red Plum, Red Pepper mixed with Rose, Clove and Red Leather
    - Passion - Red Jasmine, Apple, Mahogany with Patchouli and Heart of Patchouli
    - Evil Eye - Italian Bergamot, Nutmeg, Wild Berries, Chamomile, Cedar, Honey with Myrrh and Vetiver (I know the name does not sound very sexy but I just LOVE this scent in the bedroom)

Last edited by petruccijc; 1st April 2008 at 01:46 PM.

Believe it or not, Paul prefers Trapp's Orange Vanilla to all others. I can burn a freakin' Diptyque and he doesn't like it half as much as a $3.50 Trapp O.V. (And this goes no matter the mood -- or lack thereof -- in the boudoir.)

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Despite me not being into it, if you are into dodgy leather whip stuff - Any of the CdG Series 6 as Room Sprays?

voluspa red amber incense

Talking Re: Let's make love - Which candles?

I dont use candles. I will spray a known fav(to her) EDT or something on my pillow and sheets before she arrives.Then when/if the we get there...

akdeluxe

Dyptique Roses or Baies for a romantic evening or Feu du Bois on cooler nights where you want the smell of a crackling fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    I use to burn candles all the time in the bedroom more for the flicker of the flame than the scent. It provided the right amount of lighting. I quit doing this because I can't stand candle smoke anymore. It tears my sinuses up.
    Burning paraffin wax can cause that, it's petroleum based and puts off a lot of smoke and fumes. Try soy candles, like Pacifica. I don't burn candles in the bedroom, so the subject is moot for me, but it is true that ylang ylang is often marketed for its sensual properties, it is also calming. So are vetiver and orange. Sandalwood is another good one, it reminds of me of the good old incense burning days. I would say the important thing is to just make sure everything smells clean and *you* smell good.

I might add that I found a candle that I thought would smell great in a man's apt or in a home with contemporary furnishings, Pacifica Mandarin Lime.

Ok...Does anyone have any other candles to add to this list?

Best,

Otto
    Giving Life My All And Improving Every Day

Jimmy Belasco Sexe ~ amber, plumeria, cocoa, myrrh, ylang and limon

Thanks for that....
    Giving Life My All And Improving Every Day

Tocca's Touch or Kai is very nice but you have to like gardenias (which we do).

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    A lot of candles that I see marketed as "sensual candles" usually have ylang-ylang in them - mixed with a combination of one or more of the following: jasmine, sandalwood, rose, patchouli.

I personally like to use some of the Slatkin Kabbalah candles. A few of my favorites are:

- Sexual Energy - Amyris, Saffron, Red Plum, Red Pepper mixed with Rose, Clove and Red Leather
    - Evil Eye - Italian Bergamot, Nutmeg, Wild Berries, Chamomile, Cedar, Honey with Myrrh and Vetiver (I know the name does not sound very sexy but I just LOVE this scent in the bedroom)

Link to said items, Sir?

I LOVE sensuality jasmine and vanilla from Bath and Body Works.

Quote Originally Posted by silverwaif77 View Post
    I LOVE sensuality jasmine and vanilla from Bath and Body Works.
    Hell yeah baby! B&BW Vanilla Jasmine is sex in ignitable wax form. That's what I burn if I'm lighting candles during.
    Last edited by Sokkou; 2nd June 2009 at 03:13 PM.

It used to be anything by Aromatherapy of Rome. What happened to them? Sephora promised their return a few years ago, and then...NOTHING! If anyone knows anything about their demise, please contact me. I really miss those candles!

The last post in this thread was 3 years ago and a lot of the candles mentioned have since been discontinued. The Slatkin Evil Eye sounded really awesome but it's selling for outrageous money now ($80-$90 for a candle that originally retailed for $22!) Does Tyler Candles have anything to fit the bill? They seem to have a good reputation and fair prices. While on the subject of Tyler, has anyone tried their Mixer Melt? It sounds great and I'd love to hear anyone's experiences using one.

http://www.tylercandlestore.com/tyle...and-melts.html

Dark Amber and Ginger Lily by Jo Malone - it was produced only as a Limited Edition, and although the cologne is now part of their regular Cologne Intense range the candles are still only occasionally available.
    Chris Bartlett
    Perfumes from the edge . . .

www.perfumedesigner.co.uk
    Twitter: @PellWallPerfume

If you are looking for a perfumery consultation Iím happy to quote: if you want free advice, thatís what these forums are for
    You can also join my blog if you wish to ask questions of me.

Malin + Goetz's Dark Rum candle will do! Smells like plum, milk and leather!

To Scentologist and those who avoid candles because of smoke, here is what I do:

Buy a pack of flickering, battery operated tealights and place them in wax hurricanes like these: http://www.westelm.com/products/cand...-candleholders (wax hurricanes are those are the big "candles" which are hollow in the center so that the wax simply acts to diffuse the light of a tealight) and scent the space using a Lampe Berger or other catalytic fragrance lamp. Catalytic fragrance lamps are incredibly quick and powerful tools for scenting a room. I like to come home to candlelight and scent, but obviously unattended candles are unsafe. This was my solution. It creates the same fragrant atmosphere as a room full of candles, but without any smoke, open flame, or fire danger.

cinnamon & vanilla combo sets the mood for me.

Cire Trudon Ernesto. Leather and tobacco. That says it all.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Anything containing Neroli and/or citrus as a dominant note, strangely, I would not like to sweet, sensual or gourmand scented candles and/or home fragrances for these particular moments.

Bond No. 9 New Haarlem candles are very warm and comforting.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post

You never cease to amaze me with your depth of knowledge and willingness to share it. You are a big asset to this board so I just wanted to introduce myself and give a big thank you.
    John aka Easykiller

Pier 1- Asian Spice is pretty sexy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by orchid74 View Post
    Dyptique Roses or Baies for a romantic evening or Feu du Bois on cooler nights where you want the smell of a crackling fire.
    1+ for the Diptyque Baie Rose...

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Wow. I have not been using candles during those 'Special moments,' but I am certainly going to begin.

RIGAUD

makes the best candles in the world. No peers in the scented candle department. They have many scents but the one that I find to be the sexiest is "Bois Precieux" (the brown one) The Slatkin Kabbalah candles that are pictured above are very nice as well: The scent "Sexual Energy" is the one I prefer. Interestingly, it smells like Catholic Church incense. As far as quality of scent and facility of burning (the wax is so heavily laden with essential oil it melts across the whole width of the jar within 10 minutes of being lit, and this is pivotal in a scented candle) no other candle can compete with Rigaud.
    "...a Chacun son Mauvais Gout."

Basenotes Plus

My husband really enjoys patchouli. I don't mind it, as long as it's not overpowering. These are lovely.

http://www.wayoutwax.com/products/ar...ndles.html#131
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

nice choice there, le MdM. i love Rigaud's Bambou.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    cinnamon & vanilla combo sets the mood for me.
    thats what i was thinking maybe a little almond in it
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille