Code of Conduct

Default Layering Vanilla & Amber - Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille + Gaultier2

I think this would be an interesting idea. Has anyone tried this? I think the blend of amber and vanilla would be exquisite, although SDV is divine on its own. Any thoughts?
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

Default Re: Layering Vanilla & Amber - Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille + Gaultier2

why not just kick Jean Paul Guerlain in the shins?

Personally I think you'll be arrested for gross indecency. But then I consider Gaultier 2 to be a gross indecency all by itself .
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Default Re: Layering Vanilla & Amber - Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille + Gaultier2

I, too, think it would be a criminal waste of SDV... sorry.
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

If you're going to layer the amazing SDV with something at least make sure that it's not designer junk like Gaultier2! That said, I think SDV would go extremely well with a touch of Ambre Sultan.

Basenotes Institution

Umm...no.

This thread must be a joke; at least it seems that way. I suppose you could try this but don't mix the two together until you are ready to defile and blow up things.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    This thread must be a joke; at least it seems that way. I suppose you could try this but don't mix the two together until you are ready to defile and blow up things.
    Well, if you mean with Gaultier2 then I can't argue with that.

You all know how I like to cause controversy
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

Couldn'tcha just go for a scent that has both vanilla and amber in them? It'd be much better blended that way, since that's the way it was meant to be (oh yes, I do love my L'Air du Desert Marocain).