Code of Conduct

Default Creed MI vs. SMW

Sorry to bring up another comparison thread...but which do you prefer?

Default Re: Creed MI vs. SMW

MI is nice but the comparison to Unforgivable brings it down a notch. SMW is more unique and a safer choice.

I dont think its that similar to Unforgivable, but I still prefer SMW.

These two were my first introductions to Creed, and I was blown away. To me these are the finest examples of water-crisp-citrus fragrances and Olivier Creed really hit a home run with them. For the period they were released in, nothing else even comes close (except ofcourse the fragrances inspired by these two, and there are many).
    Interestingly they both incorporate an engaging note which gives them a little special something something ... a perfectly controlled infusion of a sea salt note which very few, if any, do better. And they both last over 8 hours on my skin.

I can't choose between the two but they both will always be in my wardrobe.
    -

As for me - none. I wasn't impressed by any of them.

I don't find SMW a safer a choice, I love it but only after 30 minutes. I'd say I prefer MI for men, and I prefer SMW for women.
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

flip a coin mate.

I took both...that was my choice and ended up with 8 bottles of Creed!!!

I prefer SMW on me, and MI on my wife. The other way around wasn't as good.

unforgivable.
    current favourites: guerlain vetiver, trumper eucris, adp colonia
    latest swag: cdg man2, lolita lempicka au masculin
    next buys: keiko mecheri oliban, michael by michael kors

Had bottles of each - eventually swapped away the MI. I liked it okay but I like SMW much more. SMW will always be a permanent member of my wardrobe.

SMW.

Like some of you, I also thought SMW was a bit too feminine on test card. But on skin, it just smelled magnificent and truly unisex. Whichever it is that lingers around a minute from spraying it (is it the currant?) gives it a truly unique scent that I now wanna smell over and over again. I haven't smelled anything like that before.
    --------------------------------------
    And btw, MI smells a bit generic to me. Maybe because there are a lot of similar (not necessarily the knock-offs) fragrances around. Or probably just that I don't find anything in it that screams "this is what MI is all about".
    Last edited by cologneguy; 7th March 2008 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

love them both.

i think i would be incomplete without both of them.

as far as 4 oz. millesime bottles go, white, black, silver and gold are all musts.

if you haven't smelled either, don't let 'us' decide for you. go smell them darn it!!!

No I have smelled them both many times. I was asking because 4 Ounce bottles of MI, SMW, and GIT are going on ebay for around 50 bucks each buy it now. I was thinking of buying one of them, but then changed my mind. One of you guys might like that kind of deal though.
    Last edited by leor_77; 7th March 2008 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    No I have smelled them both many times. I was asking because 4 Ounce bottles of MI, SMW, and GIT are going on ebay for around 50 bucks each buy it now. I was thinking of buying one of them, but then changed my mind. One of you guys might like that kind of deal though.
    50 bucks for a 4 oz Creed? Hmmm... suspicious. Beware of fake Creeds on eBay.

smw over mi

Quote Originally Posted by cologneguy View Post
    50 bucks for a 4 oz Creed? Hmmm... suspicious. Beware of fake Creeds on eBay.
    If you're buying 4.0 oz Creed on eBay for $50 buy it now, than you're more insane than those who pay retail for a 3.3 oz Bond No.9...

haha is there not a consensus yet that new in box 120ml bottles of creed are worthless to even entertain unless they are above the $100 price point?

i have.

i think we should make a sticky or something otherwise people will keep getting prematurely exited over this ebay mess.

Perhaps 'insane' wasn't the right word, I meant 'naive'.

And I think it's important for noobs to learn once with a Green Frich Tweed, it's a good lesson to learn.

In some respects SMW is really similar to MI. At least in the top notes, I thought that SMW smelled exactly like a combination of MI and Himalaya. After the dry-down however, SMW went downhill for me.

Personally, I'd go with MI. Better yet, save some money, sell out, and just get unforgivable (multi-platinum smells better to my nose than the original).

GIT/Cool Water
    Hima/Channel Platnum Ego(sotd)
    MI/Unforgiv
    OV/Terry Mug

These are the Creed smell alikes to me...but thats all. I think the Channel and Terry Mugular are very good. The other smell alikes just seem linear,boring and/or cheap to me. All Creeds to me, scream quality,regardless if I like the fragrance or not. Though the above pairs smell simular out of the bottle,the real differace comes around during dry down...IMHO.

I like the MI a little more than the SMW...just a little.

akdeluxe
    Last edited by akdeluxe; 10th March 2008 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcomet View Post
    In some respects SMW is really similar to MI. At least in the top notes, I thought that SMW smelled exactly like a combination of MI and Himalaya.

this is so wrong.

the basenotes are similar, but the top notes? and the combination of mi and himalaya? i just strongly, strongly disagree with this post.

^I agree.

Maybe Redcomet has bootleg bottles of both SMW and MI.
    Do an ebay search for either and 2/3 of each are fake.
    I imagine they'd fill both bootlegs with some similar generic.

As far as the top notes (authentic), all 3 are drastically different.