Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Something like TDC Bergamote, but not so green?

I'm trying to find a good fragrance for the summer, and I absolutely love bergamot. I went nuts over the opening of The Different Company's version, thinking I had found the perfect summer scent, but over time it kind of turned into Sunlight detergent powder, and later came very close to Un Jardin sur le Nil. I don't really like the pronounced greenness of Nil, so I think I sadly have to give TDC's Bergamote a miss.

Could you suggest some other scents that are BIG on bergamot, but not so green? I'm not sure what to ask for after the bergamot fades, but I did rather like the drydown (though not the opening) of Osmanthe Yunnan. It would be great if I could find something that put Bergamote's head on OY's body.

Also, could you please explain the suggestions you make? Reading through the citrus threads that have been here in the past, I find most people just list half a dozen fragrance names with no explanation of how they relate to the OP's request. A little more elaboration would be great in helping me decide what to try.
    Last edited by kopah; 8th March 2008 at 07:16 PM.

Default Re: Something like TDC Bergamote, but not so green?

I really dig Bergamote22 by Le Labo Opens with a ton of citrus, and a nice woody dry down. very well done. however, have you tried Sel de Vetive by TDC ?? this to me is the smell of summer.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Something like TDC Bergamote, but not so green?

Thanks - I will try both. Anyone else?