Code of Conduct
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Online Shopping

Default Re: The BIG list of online stores - your input needed!

Wow, dpak! Thanks for doing all this work, it's a very helpful list.

I'd just like to put in a plug for Parfum1, with whom I've had good ordering experiences. Their prices are reasonable, the juice is good and shipping is lightning fast. The Perfumed Court is terrific for samples.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyjreid View Post
    Anyone used escentual.com?
    escentual are very fast and reliable. I've ordered from them several times and will again.

Quote Originally Posted by Patty View Post
    Wow, dpak! Thanks for doing all this work, it's a very helpful list.

I'd just like to put in a plug for Parfum1, with whom I've had good ordering experiences. Their prices are reasonable, the juice is good and shipping is lightning fast. The Perfumed Court is terrific for samples.
    +1 The items I've received from Parfum1 have all been fresh and new

Basenotes Institution

www.shoplondons.com is excellent - no problems- shipping updates, they used USPS Priority Mail .

Perfume Emporium
    ** Someone help - is perfume emporium safe ? Do they deliver their goods ? I have ordered from them and they are crap at shipping updates and answering the phone- I only get a voice mesage and they say they will call back . So far no call back today.
    EDIT : OK panic is over. In the end they got in contact via email and apologised for not returning calls. They emailed shipping info etc. The perfume came yesterday - new, sealed and well packed.
    So Perfume Emporium came through. I seriously think they need to upgrade their site with a way to log in ,track orders and shipping info .Also they need to have a customer service rep who actually answers the phone during business hours.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 25th September 2009 at 07:36 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I live in the U.S. and have ordered from the following stores.

Note that Ebay is also always worth considering, with Toolhaus.org being a good way to ensure sellers are on the up-and-up.

1) FragranceNet
    Overall: 5/5 (good prices, discounts, reliable)
    Reliability: Good (no issues)
    Selection: Good
    Price: Good especially with discounts. Free sample of Exceptional. Discounts: Coupon code BASENOTES 15% off + Bing cashback 10% + always free shipping over $70
    Samples: Minis & samples, samples very cheap
    Shipping: UPS

2) BigDiscountFragrances
    Overall: 4.5/5 (good prices, usually reliable)
    Reliability: Pretty Good (One item I ordered was not in stock but I received refund quickly and they were apologetic), Fairly reliable and usually decent prices.
    Price: Good. Discounts: http://www.bigdiscountfragrances.com...e_coupons.html Coupon code shopbarg for free shipping >$50, cv1free80 for >$80, cv550 5 off 50, cv1080 / cv11080 10 off 80.
    15% off til nov 10: PREHOL15
    Samples: Minis & samples available for cheap
    Shipping: FedEx Ground

3) Scented Monkey
    Overall: 4/5 (cheap, reliable, but selection lacking with lots of items out of stock – they do let you know up front though)
    Reliability: Good
    Selection: Good for mainstream scents, a lot of stuff seems to be out of stock however, otherwise I’d give it a 5
    Price: Good, $3 for all samples, free shipping
    Samples: Good selection, see below
    Shipping: Free shipping with either UPS ground or USPS.
    COME4MORE for 6% off even on samples

4) Scentiments
    Overall: 3.5/5 (because of high prices)
    Selection: Good but a lot of the stuff I look for ends up being out of stock or only available in large sizes.
    Price: Fair (not as good as the competition). Looks like they have free shipping now, though. Discounts: You can usually find a coupon code on basenotes or google, or http://twitter.com/scentiments
    Samples: No
    Shipping: FedEx SmartPost / USPS

5) BeautyEncounter
    Overall: 3/5 (because of out of stock items, failure to reimburse until I e-mailed them, and they still did not reimburse the full difference)
    Reliability: Samples are often out of stock after order. I did not receive my refund for the samples they didn’t send after a week so I contacted them; a few days later I received a refund but not for the full difference. This is probably the most well put together website / correspondence in terms of usability but they are pretty shady about items that are out-of-stock and reimbursements. A calculated risk.
    Price: Good + discounts available. 3 Free Samples with every order. Search google for coupon code or join their mailing list for 10% off coupon: http://www.beautyencounter.com/mailinglist.html
    Samples: Minis & samples available
    Shipping: UPS, they automatically sign you up for UPS quantum view shipping notifications

6) Amazon (I’m only referring to items sold directly by Amazon.com)
    Overall: 3/5 (because I rarely find the best deal here)
    Reliability: From Amazon.com, very reliable.
    Selection: Poor
    Price: Rarely the best deal, free shipping over $25.
    Samples: Haven’t seen any.
    Shipping: USPS

Sites I often buy samples from:

1) Scented Monkey
    Overall: 4.5/5 (cheap, good selection & reliable)
    Selection: Good for mainstream scents
    Price: Good, $3 for all samples
    Shipping: Free shipping with either UPS ground or USPS.
    COME4MORE for 6% off even on samples

2) LuckyScent
    Overall: 4.5/5 (cheap, good selection of niche)
    Selection: Good selection of niche
    Price: Good, $3 for most samples, $3 shipping
    Shipping: USPS.

3) ThePerfumedCourt
    Overall: 4/5 (good selection & reliable but high prices)
    Reliability: Very Good
    Selection: Good, focusing on niche
    Price: High, $6 shipping.

4) BeautyCafe (I really only used this for the Bond No. 9 samples)
    Overall: 3.5/5 (good but sent the wrong sample & did not respond to e-mails)
    Reliability: I ordered the 5-pack of Bond No. 9 and listed 2 alternates. I received 4/5 of my top choices and the packing slip listed one of my alternates but the 5th one I received was not on my list at all (it was Fire Island). Also, the first e-mail told me I would receive an update when the item was shipped with tracking information but I never received it. I sent an e-mail inquiring about shipping details and never received a response (although the item showed up shortly thereafter). I also sent an e-mail about the incorrect sample and never received a response. I was still fairly happy with the order.
    Selection: Good for what I wanted
    Price: $15 + shipping for 5 samples I couldn’t find anywhere else is a very good deal in my book

5) ParfumsRaffy
    Overall: 2.5/5 (limited selection and several samples had gone bad probably due to age)
    Selection: Limited
    Price: Good, $1 samples and $6 shipping
    Last edited by hammersj; 27th November 2009 at 10:49 PM.

Im told by a friend that online stores can sell watered down products, yet still say the product is authentic. Is there any truth to this?
    Im concerned about buying creed, and for the price would not want to be ripped off.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legacykid View Post
    Im told by a friend that online stores can sell watered down products, yet still say the product is authentic. Is there any truth to this?
    Im concerned about buying creed, and for the price would not want to be ripped off.
    Thanks
    No truth whatsoever.
    Occasionally you may get old stock or if you buy from ebay, outright fakes. From reputable online stores like fragrancenet you are safe from this.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Thanks for the info, i ordered from fragrancex.com lowest price i found, plus ordered few time b4 this. great prices good products/prices
    Creed Imperial- smells like heaven
    also if anyone wants to sample creed like i did, parfumsraffy.com i was able to order samples of w.e i wanted!

Anyone used sendmescent.com based in the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by acceptfacts View Post
    anyone have heard or known of experiences with PerfumeMart.com?
    I have had good luck with them. Oddly, I have had good experiences with 1st Perfume & bad experiences with Perfume Distributor (same company). I will never buy from StrawberryNet again, because they sold me fake Chanel at real Chanel prices.

Default Re: fragranceX

First time I've ever posted on here and wish to say how much I enjoy reading the website. Always been a long time lurker as I don't often post on forums.

It's unfortunate my first post is not a happy one.

I've got a problem with this company and always use the free shipping to the UK without tracking.

I've ordered quite a few perfumes from them and ,with the exception of two transactions - first time they sent the wrong perfume, but I kept it - everything has been great.

But the second transaction...

Waited a couple of months, but still hadn't turned up. Got the usual email saying been patient. Then I contacted Paypal in AUGUST. They didn't respond so I issued a chargeback.

Fragrancex then produced out of thin air a tracking number. But they never sent my perfume with a tracking number! Then they never responded again, so I contacted my CC company.

Got my money back and thought that was the end of it. I have even made purchases with them since.

However, today I received a letter from my CC out of the blue stating that " we have received a reply from FrX and they have confirmed that the goods have now been received. If this is not the case can you please advise us immediately by completing the enclosed form. If we do not hear from you within 10 days from the date of this letter, we will assume that the matter has been resolved and will recharge your account with £amount"

Well I'm gobsmacked.

Filled in the form stating that I had never received the goods and feel as though I'm being accused of fraud. I've suggested Fx retrieve their money from the delivery company as it's obviously been lost in transit. Finished the letter off saying if the monies are re-charged I will seek a legal remedy.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Default Re: fragranceX

FragX is a nitemare if there's a problem with your order. They always reply as " Be patient " as stated above. They never help you. I emailed them at least 10 times about my order but their response never changed ; " Be patient! ".

After 40 workdays I sent a fax to my bank and requested a payback. And I got my money back the day after.

I'll only try FragX for under $20 orders , no more.

Default Re: Cheapsmells.com

I've bought an Unforgivable Men from CS and I think they sent me a refill box... Because what I've got is this one [ actually darker than that bottle ];

http://www.cheapsmells.com/productim...664&image=7664

not this one ;

http://www.cheapsmells.com/productim...664&image=7664 ...
    Last edited by keyn; 9th November 2009 at 02:06 AM.

Default www.namebrandsperfume.com

Hi

Any recent purchases from www. namebrandsperfume. com? Are the fragrances real?

Or does anybody know where I can buy Bond No.9 at discounted prices

Thanks!!
    Last edited by Moderator; 15th November 2009 at 03:55 PM.

Default Re: www.namebrandsperfume.com

You can call Bond No 9's corporate office at 212-228-1976 x 19 to find out whether that site is licensed to sell their products. If you want to be sure you are getting the real deal, you can order directly from Bond No 9 by calling 1.877.273.3369 and mentioning MUA. They will then give you a 15% discount and free shipping in the US. They wrap everything up very nicely and the last time I ordered they included six samples of other scents too.

As far as the rest of the site is concerned, I have no experience with them. They seem to be a mirror site of americanafragrance dot com. The selection is relatively limited but I saw a nice deal on a limited edition bottle of Petite Cherie that's quite tempting.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 14th November 2009 at 07:45 PM.
    "Scent is very important. Strong fragrances suit some men, while citrus types suit others. I like my men to smell fresh and woody, but also like a man."
    Donatella Versace

Thanks for the advice. I have emailed Bond but haevnt gotten a reply.

Does anybody have any experience with the site? Their prices are really good.

Thanks again!

Guess I wont be ordering from that site anytime soon.

Thanks!

Default Re: Cheapsmells.com

I've bought from them a couple of times before and both times the perfume arrived really fast, much faster than I expected and service seems good so far.
    Been looking longingly at the site and wanting to buy loads but I have too much perfume already and not enough money at the mo. Thing is they are so cheap is tempting to get a few at once! They've got Cachet, which my mum used to wear years ago, really cheap, and Green Tea by E.Arden which I quite liked when tested in shop, and loads of other under £10 and under £20 ones which would normally cost more ...

Parfum1

Would you do business with them again? Yes
    I ordered ADG, L'eau d' Issey and Rive Gauche Pour Homme, they had excellent packaging, I ordered around Saturday evening and arrived Wednesday afternoon. Very Cheap, will definitely do business again whenever they have their mad sales.
    Only problem I had was, during the sale a lot of my to buy items were already sold out, so I hope they stock more items next time.
    What country they shipped to?

South Carolina, USA

Parfum1

Excellent service! Used one of their %25 coupons in addition to free shipping. My fragrance came wrapped in a package (fresh & new) within 2 days. Definitely will shop with them again

Quote Originally Posted by bubby View Post
    Anyone used sendmescent.com based in the UK?
    I believe either VM I hate civet or soirdelune use this one. Perhaps doing a forum search under their names might dig up some experiences?
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by vintage*red View Post
    I have had good luck with them. Oddly, I have had good experiences with 1st Perfume & bad experiences with Perfume Distributor (same company). I will never buy from StrawberryNet again, because they sold me fake Chanel at real Chanel prices.
    Thanks for that post. I was about to make a bit of a splurge purchase (by my standards) from them, and I'm glad I saw that.

Order from ScentedMonkey and the service was excellent (next-day delivery for standard shipping! wah?) this is my new website for shopping.

There's a thread here originally discussing poor service from 99perfume.com et al, with some response from the company itself.
    Last edited by makeitrainharder; 11th December 2009 at 03:18 AM.

I've ordered samples from the Perfumed Court several times now and had good experience with them each time. They are really the only source I've found that works well for me because I only do samples. There's no way I can even get through the samples, let alone full bottles of anything! I'm picky and seem to have odd tastes, but PC have a wide variety of samples, many of which I find interesting. As someone else pointed out, prices are a little on the high side, but this is compensated for by being able to try a large number of scents with minimal commitment. They ship promptly within the USA, the vials are securely packed but not overpacked, and the scents and quantities are what they are supposed to be.

Just bumping this so newer members know where to buy and where NOT to buy...

Default Chanel Chance from fragrancenet.com .......

So i found a 20% coupon off for this place. First time using it. I figured it was a week before thanksgiving i'd start out for my girlfriends christmas. So i ordered it. I believe it was c lassified as a tester.It came packaged the same way the last christmas i got my gf the chanel chance from perfumania i didn't think of anything about it./..Well my girlfriend opens it on christmas.. And as you know, women know their perfumes. Her words? "This is fake or very very old"

So now, i think ok. I'll just return it. Well, fragrancenet.com return policy is 30 days. Does that count even for their fake/old perfumes? Has anyone else had any experience with this? I sent them, an email . But i am gonna call them monday when they are back in the office.This is the first time i've ordered from them.I figured it was a legitimate company. Well... i guess not. I got a good deal on it as well with the 20% coupon and 10$ back from billmelater but it's not a good deal when your girlfriend looks at you and insists it's fake/old.. My roommate who is a female also tested them. (my gf has some of hers from last year left) and there is such a clearly different smell it's offensive that they'd scam like this.

Will
    Last edited by willwill; 27th December 2009 at 05:39 PM.

Default Re: Chanel Chance from fragrancenet.com .......

Welcome to Basenotes!

Generally speaking, fragrancenet has a good reputation here but it'd be hard to say how they may handle this situation. I hope you let us know what happens
    "Scent is very important. Strong fragrances suit some men, while citrus types suit others. I like my men to smell fresh and woody, but also like a man."
    Donatella Versace

Default Re: Chanel Chance from fragrancenet.com .......

Surprising for sure, I just hope they will refund me. I do not wanna take another chance with them... pardon the pun lol.. From now on, i am gonna just stick with perfumemania they have a local shop at the prime outlets in case something happens anyhow.

Default Legit E-bay Sellers / Legit Websites To Buy Cologne

There may be a sticky for this type of thread but if not maybe its time one goes up.

If there already is one im sorry.. but can someone post some legit websites & credible e-bay sellers to buy from? i wanted some himalaya from fragrance.net but someone beat me to the punch

so i have to hunt again

thanks guys!

Default Re: Legit E-bay Sellers / Legit Websites To Buy Cologne

Perfume Headquarter has awesome pricing as they always put testers up for auction and you can get them at great prices (it's where I got my Dior Homme).

I've ordered from overstockperfume.com and had NO problems face. I know they ship US . I'm not sure about anywhere else.

I should say that I switched over to overstockperfume.com and have had good luck ever since with HTF items there. They are essentially the same company. I don't know why the service should be better but so far, I have had no problems.
    Last edited by miyeke; 6th January 2010 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maz24 View Post
    You are correct, Perfume Loop and 1stperfume are the same company. I wouldn't shop at either, just my 2 cents.

Also, I dunno if you want to add this, but Costco.com also sells some nice fragrances. So does Target.com....don't know if those really qualify as online stores though......
    I understand they have a very bad reputation. But personally, I haven't had any issues (that might have something to do with me dealing only in scents that everybody else sells as well). That being said, the customer service doesn't reply at all- but that might be true in the case of most retailors.
    Last edited by miyeke; 6th January 2010 at 10:35 AM.

Default Is www.luckyscent.com trustworthy?

I am pending on ordering some cologned from this site, has anyone had any experiences with these sites? if so how did they go?

Well, thanks abundantly and take care!

- Balava
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

Default Re: Is www.luckyscent.com trustworthy?

Oh..the scent is Amouage Jubilation XXV! hehe, so you can see why I'm very skeptical...."PRICE!"

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've never dealt with them, but the site is quite popular in a positive way here.

IMO they have the very BEST customer service and I wouldn't hesitate to place an order ~ no matter the price!

WoW! thanks! I appreciate the reviews guys! appreciate it lots, might considering purchasing then !

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

luckyscent is the HOLY place for niche scents lovers! Sadly they are never on SALE

Sur la Plage

Absolutely!
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

In my opinion Lucky Scent is one of the top on line sellers along with First-in-Fragrance of niche.
    I've never had any problem with either of these sites and the samples they offer are the icing on the cake.

Dependent

I've not heard of anything but praise for this site.

Luckyscent/Scent Bar is great. Their prices are high in some cases, but for most things they are on par with other niche sellers.

I've ordered samples from Lucky Scent and never had a problem. Fast shipping, too. I wouldn't hesitate to order again, samples or full bottles.

For samples and decants you can also try The Posh Peasant at http://theposhpeasant.com/. I've used this site before with good results.

Default Re: Midtown Perfume

I would feel reasonably safe buying the fragrances shipped through them. I've purchased around 5 bottles. No trouble at all. they have good service.

Default Re: Help needed - any positive experiences with Fragrance Express?

i've placed an order with them yesterday and it turns out that you have to place an order for minimum 2 items, which wasn't mentioned on their Help page. It was just a banner flashing that order should be made minimum for 2 itemsfor USA and Canada, no word about worldwide order. so now i have to place a second order, so that my 1st one gets processed! Ughhhhhhhh!!!

Default Re: Warning!! About Strawberrynet.com

i will be aware of them

There is nothing to be wary of. As you can see from the 2 year old posts above, this issue was over 2 out of stock items, nothing serious.
    I have shopped with strawberrynet.com for years without a single problem.
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 22nd January 2010 at 10:57 AM.

and what about the price of strawberrynet.com is it low

Default Re: dutyfreeperfumes.com

no experience with them

It is a discount e-tailer so check it out. Pricing depends very much on region, and the particular items youre looking for.

Haha! yeah....I Don't get this post bud! It's perfectly normal for them to have no stock mate, It happens to a lot of Fragrance sites!

Cheers and good luck finding these frags!

- Balava

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oh, I get ya and yeah, try www.perfumebay.com mate it's much better. Also, www.fragrancex.com is great aswell!

- Balava

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Default Re: www.handbagsandperfumes.com

some things also you will have keep in mind that some stores charge a restocking fee for returned items and some will not accept any fragrance that has been opened. Check the individual sites from where you wants to buy.

Default Re: www.handbagsandperfumes.com

WoW! ouch..yeah, that's not cool! Oh well, like you said. Lessons are taught through trials and errors!

- Balava

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AND A CHOPARD POUR HOMME 75 ML IN STOCK??

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, it is unavailable at present and despite our best efforts we have not been able to source it from any of our suppliers or distributors locally or overseas.

However, our stock is constantly changing and we are always bringing in new lines, so please keep checking our website for the latest update.

We are sorry we cannot be of more help on this one, in the meantime we hope you will try one of our other nearly 10,000 other items available on our site in the near future.

Your Sincerely,
    Teresa
    Customer Services

-------------

The second reply is funny. The customer service representative became sarcastic. The fragrances your looking for are out of stock and so she advised you to check their 10,000 other items in the near future. She became rude. What's her problem when you're only asking. =)

Hello,
    I am a newbie to this site but no newbie to perfumes I've been addicted for years lol

I've always paid high prices in department stores and now want to import some from the USA for my own personal use and to sell a few to family and friends etc. I live in Australia

I have come across the website http://www.namebrandsperfume.com/ they're also known as Perfume Americana. I thought they looked legit to me until i went to the check out section and read the following...

"NOTE:
    For International Customers: Payment by wire and credit card. Please email a scanned copy of your credit card [ front & back] and copy of your photo id for our records."

I thought this request was odd. Either they're identity stealing OR they're being careful that i am not a scammer and not stolen the credit card i am paying with.

Has anyone had dealings with them, good or bad?

As i am an international customer they need orders of a minimum $1000, so it's a fair bit of money to invest if they're scammers. I've done some research on the net in regards to them (i am not good with computers and the net lol) and havent found much on them - good or bad.

If anyone could help me out i would be so greatful.

Thanks so much.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 14th February 2010 at 03:29 AM.