Code of Conduct
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Online Shopping

Default Re: Stay away from scentedmonkey.com

@Amit: Thank you, I'll look at your PM.

@Matthew: I'm a kind guy in practice, I'm involved in social and charitable activities here and there as time permits. But I cannot stand such people who are inconsiderate of others.

And I'm FAR less violent (actually friendly) outside the grappling room.

Ditto.

Scentedmonkey live help offered on their website is probably manned by people trained to give extremely evasive answers.

I asked them a very simple question if their Creed MI tester came with a cap or without it and that if the bottle was clear glass
    or the older Gold plated bottle.

They couldn't give me a satisfactory response. I mean how difficult is this to answer?
    I even emailed them with my 2 questions without much hope of getting a response. I was right.
    Hence I chose to stay away from them.

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    I asked them a very simple question if their Creed MI tester came with a cap or without it and that if the bottle was clear glass
    or the older Gold plated bottle.

They couldn't give me a satisfactory response. I mean how difficult is this to answer?
    I even emailed them with my 2 questions without much hope of getting a response. I was right. Hence I chose to stay away from them.
    So it's just not me! While they may have good prices and may even have actually good products as well, if they can't service a potential customer the correct way, they should not expect any business.
    Last edited by HammerFist; 20th February 2010 at 04:04 PM.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

I am constantly amazed at any reports of poor service, particularly in this trying economic time. I mean, how can any company expect repeat customer orders or recommendations when they give less than good service? Like it or not the person in contact with the customer IS the company to that buyer in that exchange. At worst they should be at least adequate in doing their job and it is management's job, NOT the customer's, to insure they are.
    Last edited by kbe; 20th February 2010 at 08:39 PM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

@kbe: I couldn't have put it better myself! That's exactly my point as well, because when I think of scentedmonkey, I'll be reminded of their bad service INSTANTLY. How can they expect me to give them any business, or recommend them anyone else?!

I'm perplexed looking at the quality of their service! They could have given me a proper reply in just one sentence, which they didn't do even after I wrote to them stating what exactly am I asking for.

And some people here somehow think that It's *my* fault. Funny, ain't it?
    Last edited by HammerFist; 20th February 2010 at 04:40 PM.

Default Re: The BIG list of online stores - your input needed!

Back around the beginning of the month I placed a small order with an online store called Perfume Network. The package finally arrived today, minus one of the items that I had ordered and paid for. To make matters worse, the top of one of the bottles was loose and half of the contents had leaked out. I e-mailed the company, but so far have heard nothing back from them. They did not communicate with me at all except for an e-mail confirmation of the order at the time it was placed. No indication that one of the items was out of stock. No indication that shipping would be delayed so long. At this point they get a negative rating from me, and I will not buy from them again.
    Last edited by Doc Elly; 9th March 2010 at 04:34 PM.

hi..i'm new here. i just register here coz i got problem with this seller FRAGRANCEEXPRESS. I bought 2 items from this seller from EBAY. My first payment using credit card (i use debit card visa), and they claim that my credit card payment is not approved. But i do check my bank account (coz i use debit card so that i can check online), clearly state there total amount of usd98.90 that i paid to fragranceexpress has deducted from my account. even their website clearly stated there (www.fragranceexpress.com) beside my payment statement on 19th february 2010. i keep emailing them using ebay tool and they still respond that my payment is not approved. if not approve why amount of usd98.90 was deducted from my account under their website name? I'm getting worried and very mad right now. every days i email they still respond the same.

here my item 's payment result (EBAY):

item id: 200435846829
    (Petite Cherie by Annick Goutal 3.4oz 100ml EDP Spray)

----------------------------------------
    Payment details
    Credit card
    US $98.90 USD from Visa X-XXXX
    Your payment has been submitted and processed by the seller.

This payment is not eligible for Paypal Buyer Protection, but may be covered by your credit card's purchase program. See your card provider's terms and conditions.

So what i'm going to do now? just let my item like that or need to pay them again using paypal?? they seem look fishy cause i received some respond from their staff outside ebay. why they dont respond all inside ebay message tool.

I'm very mad right now. I will never let them eat my money just like that. I need to wait few days before file a report to EBAY about this issue.

By the way I have checked with my bank, and they approve my payment has been made to that fragranceexpress website and they also will help me to file a report about this issue. but they ask me to wait 16days and come back again if problem still not yet settled.

hope everything will go smooth after. please help me who others got bad experience with this fragranceexpress? let's share!!
    thank you.

fragranceexpress is conducting fraud i believe. so if u still want to deal with fragranceexpress make sure u pay by paypal coz paypal is 100% safe, they cannot cheat ur money coz paypal can cover all. just unfortunately i'm using debit card and they are playing fishy and more fishy days by day. I will try my best to ban them from selling again. powerseller on ebay does not means anything. see they got many unique id for bidder. looks like they are bidding their items themselves so that's the result they get toooooo tooooo many good feedbacks but amount of ++ negatives feedback each month.

new tips, if u wan to buy anything in ebay, dont just see the positive feedbacks, take alert about the negatives feedback. don't be like me>.<
    Last edited by socalwoman; 24th February 2010 at 02:37 PM.

Can someone Tell me about ljshopping.net, they have the lowest price online

Default Fragrancenet is terrible, never again. Green Irish Tweed & sample

I ordered a sample vial of HIMILAYA, and they sent me a HILIMAYA card with Imperial Millesime vial on it. They said "we don't have Himilaya in stock." Then why didn't they say that on the site? and why ship me the wrong vial? think I wouldn't notice? how stupid.

I also ordered a 4 oz GIT. They sent me a nice boxed one. Everything checked out great. Beautiful. THEN, I realize there's a crack (not leaking though) on the bottle. I can see the clear bottle underneath. So maybe it's a superficial crack in the black paint/coating.

ALSO, I must note, this bottle smells significantly different than the sample vial I had. The top notes are way different. Almost no resemblance. The bottle juice has a...plastic/synthetic smell, where's the delicious green I had from the vial? gross. It's also irritating my skin like hell for some reason, unlike the sample I had. probably old juice, alcohol really showing up. OR maybe it's too fresh, and the oils haven't had time to ripen up and age.

There is a serial number (which indicates 09 in the middle, made in 2009?), nozzle under cap is white, ect.. checks out the typical tests for authenticity (or so we think).

ridiculous. And they want me to pay shipping to return and wait 8 days until I get my money back.

Never again. I'm buying direct from creed next time, not worth the cheap bull, waiting for shipping, excitement, ect..

And they didn't even apologize, they just said "it's the warehouse, not us. we're just customer service."

Nothing except shipping on time went right with this order.
    Last edited by G Man; 4th March 2010 at 08:29 PM.

Default Re: Fragrancenet is terrible, never again. Green Irish Tweed & sample

I stopped using them when I found out about perfumenetwork.com It's the cheapest site for fragrance, beats amazon. Fragrancenet is overrated

I like Beauty Encounter. They're cheaper than retail but not so cheap as to sell old nasty fragrances or skimp on customer service. I buy almost all my stuff through them. I've only ever had two issues out of 30 trasnactions - they sent me an Envy aftershave instead of an EDT that they quickly corrected at their expense with a return label and they recently miscounted some samples I bought but an email quickly resolved the issue and they're sending out the right ones.

I asked if they could send me a new bottle ASAP, and they said no. They have to get the old once first. I said "so I literally have to wait 2-3 weeks until I get my new bottle?" and the lady said "Yes, that's correct."

And there was no guarantee or hold they could put for it to be in stock by that time either. Can you believe that? :/

(note that was before I actually smelled the juice and realized I'd rather just buy it someplace else next time).

When I returned a Dell Laptop, they sent me a new one before I even shipped my defective one back, and they paid for my return shipping label. And that is a 1,000$ laptop we're talking about. Not a 120 dollar bottle of cologne.

Anyway, here's what I'm doing right now just for kicks: Sprayed the tester vial on one arm, and the bottle I received on the other.

I'll wait an hour or so to see if the heart and longevity is actually the same or not.
    Last edited by G Man; 4th March 2010 at 07:56 PM.

Wow honestly i don't know y people having a ton of problems with Fragrance net, especially with GIT. I've always bought from them, and never had a problem with them. I've used perfume.com with good results as well.

Well to be honest, the crack on the bottle could have been from a multidude of things: shipping from france, shipping from UPS to my door, ect..The mixup on the vials was purely mistake, fault of the packager.

It's just how fragrancenet handled it was disappointing. A good company would send out a new one ASAP after issuing a RMA and free shipping label.

Anyway. I need to take a shower, all these smells are conflicting. I'm just going to wear out the bottle today and see how it goes. I'm hoping/pretty sure it's authentic juice.

It's just a damn bottle after all (but jeez, I really wanted a nice Creed bottle, my first, to keep forever!).I really don't feel like paying 10 dollars to ship it out and waiting all over again, just to find out

1) they are out of stock by then or 2) just another busted bottle somehow

Sigh... oh well. Such is life. Just for $150 I'd expect superior products in every aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    I asked if they could send me a new bottle ASAP, and they said no. They have to get the old once first. I said "so I literally have to wait 2-3 weeks until I get my new bottle?" and the lady said "Yes, that's correct."

And there was no guarantee or hold they could put for it to be in stock by that time either. Can you believe that? :/

(note that was before I actually smelled the juice and realized I'd rather just buy it someplace else next time).

When I returned a Dell Laptop, they sent me a new one before I even shipped my defective one back, and they paid for my return shipping label. And that is a 1,000$ laptop we're talking about. Not a 120 dollar bottle of cologne.

Anyway, here's what I'm doing right now just for kicks: Sprayed the tester vial on one arm, and the bottle I received on the other.

I'll wait an hour or so to see if the heart and longevity is actually the same or not.
    Ideally, in a good retail business "the customer is always right." In some e-tailers, this is not the case. I have had some companies send a replacement with a return label immediately, while others won't ship until the returned/exchanged item is back in the warehouse. This shows bad faith, I think. I recall an online business that made an ERROR in merchandise (theirs, mind you) and refused to ship the correct items until I had returned the wrong items. I was put on hold for suctomer service over 10 minutes. Very bad way of doing business. It has been more than 10 years and I STILL refuse to order anything from this company. (This was not a fragrance business, BTW.)
    Last edited by Primrose; 4th March 2010 at 09:17 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Fragrancex.com is way better.

beautyencounter is the best site ive tried on the net.. much better than fragrancex..
    ive shopped there since they called themeselfs perfumebay

Basenotes Institution

All this stuff about Fragrancenet is scaring me. I have ordered a number of times from them and I have always got perfect goods ,fast shipping. ( touch wood ) I wonder if they have deteriorated recently ..............
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 4th March 2010 at 10:17 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

If PayPal or Credit card file a complaint with either and try to have your money held until the issue is resolved to your liking. I absolutely detest poor customer service. Talk with your wallet and spread the word. And as if "Customer Service" is not a part of the company...what a crock
    Last edited by kbe; 4th March 2010 at 10:57 PM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by pkf View Post
    beautyencounter is the best site ive tried on the net.. much better than fragrancex..
    ive shopped there since they called themeselfs perfumebay
    I had a problem with beautyencounter - over paypal payment and 'out of stock 'items- they don't handle it well. Use a credit card with them . Also sometimes they don't update their website for out of stock products. If I do order from them again, I shall call them first to make sure they have what I want, in stock.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

PawelL

Outrageous, though the 9.99 bit is bizarrely funny. Thank you for the warning. 'Your fault'?? No way Jose.

Respect,
    Pawel
    Last edited by PawelL; 5th March 2010 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoteRosen View Post
    'Your fault'?? No way Jose.

Respect,
    Pawel
    Ah, thanks Pawel. That's a relief. :-)

<HF>
    Last edited by HammerFist; 5th March 2010 at 06:33 PM.

PawelL

I can understand your anger, however I'd avoid calling them 'idiots'. Aggression does not seem a creative attitude here. I'd simply avoid the company in question.

Take care :-)
    Pawel

Quote Originally Posted by HammerFist View Post
    @kbe: I couldn't have put it better myself! That's exactly my point as well, because when I think of scentedmonkey, I'll be reminded of their bad service INSTANTLY. How can they expect me to give them any business, or recommend them anyone else?!

I'm perplexed looking at the quality of their service! They could have given me a proper reply in just one sentence, which they didn't do even after I wrote to them stating what exactly am I asking for.

And some people here somehow think that It's *my* fault. Funny, ain't it?
    I do not mean to personally attack you personally but here is how I feel:ScentMonkey has a near perfect rating here on Basenotes, the BBB, etc.... I have used them MANY times with nothing short of a perfect transaction.

You sound like a cry-baby bc you did not get your way exactly as you wanted it, when you wanted it. You also jumped to a lot of conclusions without any real facts, just angry rants. Im sorry, but grow up. Your so obsessed with this customer service issue, its seriously laughable. The lunacy of your emotional response is just plain funny.
    Last edited by ApacheRosePeacock; 5th March 2010 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ApacheRosePeacock View Post
    I do not mean to personally attack you personally but here is how I feel:ScentMonkey has a near perfect rating here on Basenotes, the BBB, etc.... I have used them MANY times with nothing short of a perfect transaction.

You sound like a cry-baby bc you did not get your way exactly as you wanted it, when you wanted it. You also jumped to a lot of conclusions without any real facts, just angry rants. Im sorry, but grow up. Your so obsessed with this customer service issue, its seriously laughable. The lunacy of your emotional response is just plain funny.
    It's TRULY childish when you do call me laughable, say my emotional response is "lunatic" and tell me to grow up. But to keep you on a safe side, you add a disclaimer that you don't really mean to personally attack me?! You know what? I really couldn't have cared less if you meant to "personally attack" me, because it doesn't count to squat as far as I'm concerned. I'm here to merely share my experience with a store and their service with fellow BNers. So, if you've had good experience with them, say that and stop it there. You don't have to judge the "emotional response" of others. And what the hell do you mean I'm jumping into conslusion without any real facts? There's an ENTIRE email conversation that I've posted out in my first post. Perhaps you should read the whole thing before replying?

You're in the same country as the said store. You'd have had no problems because when they say 9.99 you'd assume it's USD. And what would someone else assume?! Especially when they can't be clear about it after repeated enquiries?

We all like what we like, so if you've had good experience with them, go continue it with them. But don't tell me what should I be doing and what I should or should not expect.

I've been buying colognes from many stores, especially from the US, and I've never experienced such substandard service. When they don't answer my queries, how can I buy anything from them?

But like another poster mentioned, I need not have called them idiots and that I agree on.

Blog Entries

Clearly scentedmonkey.com's customer service in this instance is poor, at best. But how does this justify your reaction? You say, "My tone became aggressive, only at the end, after they could not answer something as simple!" Why become aggressive at any time, for any reason? I don't agree that someone else's obvious ineptitude excuses the way you chose to respond. You always have a choice in how you handle a bad situation. "He started it!" is not a justification.

Further, I don't understand the need to speculate how physical intimidation would generate a different outcome. It appears as if you'd like to think your imposing presence would bully him into giving the response you seek, but that kind of thinking requires one to make assumptions about the reasons why the representative responded the way he did, to ascribe motivations to his behavior, and I don't think that's relevant or appropriate. Stating, "I'm sure he won't dare give me such answers if I'm standing right in front of him," suggests to me a threat display, which I find very disturbing.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Quote Originally Posted by an_oud_girl View Post
    Clearly scentedmonkey.com's customer service in this instance is poor, at best.
    Cool! There's one thing that we can agree on.

But how does this justify your reaction? You say, "My tone became aggressive, only at the end, after they could not answer something as simple!" Why become aggressive at any time, for any reason?
    So, you're basically suggesting that a person cannot become angry, no matter what? OK, I'll try not to be aggressive - that's good advice you've to offer.

the way you chose to respond.
    Hmm... That, I quite don't get. What's wrong with "the way" I responded?

I haven't been abusive in the way I responded to them - I only told them that I'm going to share about their customer service with BN. I didn't want to do that behind their back either, so they'll probably have chance to explain their situation here. If you hadn't known, such thing has happened in the past with someone else (1stperfume.com or something like that). Turns out there was some interim employee who foulmouthed a customer and the owner of the company apologised at bn and promised better service in the future.

Further, I don't understand the need to speculate how physical intimidation would generate a different outcome. It appears as if you'd like to think your imposing presence would bully him into giving the response you seek, but that kind of thinking requires one to make assumptions about the reasons why the representative responded the way he did, to ascribe motivations to his behavior, and I don't think that's relevant or appropriate. Stating, "I'm sure he won't dare give me such answers if I'm standing right in front of him," suggests to me a threat display, which I find very disturbing.
    Physical intimidation? [laughs really hard]

You assume things. It's not about 'bullying'. I only said about my physic to a fellow base notes member that I have had many conversations with, and I consider a good pal. Plus, I did not "physically intimidate" the scented monkey customer rep.

Stating, "I'm sure he won't dare give me such answers if I'm standing right in front of him," suggests to me a threat display, which I find very disturbing.
    Unfortunately I don't know how to help you if you find it disturbing.

I only expressed my concern with differences in buying stuff online and being physically in a store (which is also beyond what my physical stats are). If you are of normal physic too, when you're physically present, they'll definitely provide better service (such people can't respond the way they send pointless and unhelpful emails). And to this, having a huge physic definitely adds up - even if my aim is not to bully him, he'll take extra precautions not to get into an argument with me, or anyone who looks big for that matter.

And like I said in another post, I'm rather polite and have never been into a physical fight outside of the grappling room.

What was appalling to me was that someone cannot provide professional service, but wants to sell stuff.
    Last edited by HammerFist; 6th March 2010 at 10:08 AM.

9.99 for international priority? Bargain!

(International Priority is a USPS service. It's not trackable, but fast, and there's a fixed price box/envelope that offers a really good price for heavier items like bottles. It often works out cheaper than regular mail)

Yes, it sounds like you got the lowest tier of customer service, who wasn't able to give you an answer that was as clear as your question. Their customer service might not have been up to snuff on this occasion, but someone in that company has done their research on international shipping. So many American companys just don't bother with international sales, because they have to deal with problems like this, or charge silly prices because they don't choose the best shipping options for their customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Petra Ichor View Post
    International Priority is a USPS service. It's not trackable, but fast, and ...
    There was my confusion. I did my research and the USPS site states that for certain international priority options (flat rate boxes), tracking information isn't available, and rest is trackable online.

I didn't know what type of international priority option does scented monkey deal with and I asked him specifically if it's trackable, and then...

Quote Originally Posted by HammerFist View Post
    I asked him specifically if it's trackable, and then... :)
    You're right, it is frustrating. And it also seems par for the course for big online companies of this type. I too have had long email chains with people unable to answer, or seemingly read a question. When I find places offering great customer service I stick to them like glue! Still have to use the other places sometimes though :)

I think anybody would feel disrespected if only have "Its 9.99" answer to a clear multi-part question.

If it was me i dont know what my reaction would be then, may be i'd try to supress my frustration and dont buy from them and thats it, or I'd share my experience with fellows who share my hobby like here on basenotes! (I dont find it laughable or funny or baby-like to express how upset i am but i'll try not to attak people or offend them with words like idiots or uneducated or what so ever )

Default Re: Senteurs d'Ailleurs?! Never again!!! (WARNING! An extremely long rant)

I stopped working at Senteurs d'Ailleurs more than 3 years ago.
    I didn't react sooner as I don't visit the forum very often anymore.
    I would have appreciated if the people citing my name had checked their sources before assuming it was really me.

Thank you ausamamira, that was a reasonable post.

Maybe, but Express (signed for) is normally a problem with high clearance charges.....
    basically, we are surcharged for express clearance, then they write out via Royal Mail with the increased charges & it takes longer than Priority and costs a load more! - don't know these guys but usually find that Priority is fine - if you trust you local P.O.

I'm totally on your side HammerFist.

Used to work in customer service field, I just cannot stand those behaviors. I once encountered a problem regarding customer service with Fragrancex.com and they were so rude that I literally swore on the phone. I mean, it's not easy to work in customer service field but if you take the money doing that job or call yourself a customer service representative then be at the very least polite (the basic requirement).

I don't know if they ship to your country but Amazon.com has beyond wonderful customer service (the stuff has to shipped from and sold by Amazon). I cannot stress enough how I'm amazed by their customer service. IMO, one of the best customer service in the whole world. Only deal with them once but Fragrancenet.com has a decent customer service too.
    Last edited by jasonx; 8th March 2010 at 12:45 PM.

Hi Jasonx,

Yes, I agree that amazon has great service. While I can buy many other things from them, they don't ship fragrance to India. I don't know why, but this is their policy.

I'll try fragrancenet.com next time, thank you for the suggestion.

Imagination Perfumery is now defunct. Can someone update the list?
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

rant
    Last edited by G Man; 9th March 2010 at 12:52 AM.

Update on Perfume Network: I have contacted them multiple times regarding the missing item and leaking bottle, but they have not responded to any of my e-mails. I would never buy from them again.

Bad packing, missing item, no customer service. Rock bottom rating.

Default Re: Has anyone purchased from www.namebrandsperfume.com?

I'm bumping this post to see if anyone else has had luck. It's hard to find good sites that don't have knockoffs

Fragranceexpress.com

I've bought from them once this year. They carry a lot of scarce frags (testers included). Go check them out

Default Any Experience With www.ljshopping.net?

The prices are quite low which has me questioning the site already. If anyone has had experience with this website be it good OR bad, please let me know :-)

http://www.ljshopping.net
    Last edited by MassMenace; 27th April 2010 at 05:40 AM.

Default A good cheap site to buy fragrances online?

well the title says it all.

I want to order few fragrances online but i dont know what site to trust.

I found Body Kouros for like 20$ (1.7) but i am worried it is fake.

What are some good reliable sites that don't sell fakes?
    Last edited by Kbar; 11th May 2010 at 06:11 PM.

Default Re: A good cheap site to buy fragrances online?

Honestly, most sites don't sell fakes. Scented Monkey sells all authentic stuff and is very cheap and ships free with code. the only way you'll get a fake is if you order from ebay, and you may not even get a fake.. rather old stock; possibly used or exposed to heat or radiation, or harmful particles in the air that may seep through the bottle and cause it to decompose quicker (such as smoke or melting plastics/rubber etc). I've never seen a Body Kouros fake. Those new to fragrances.. they don't really do fakes unless it's Creed.
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 11th May 2010 at 06:16 PM.

I've always bought from www.fragrancex.com and never got a fake frag. They really have great prices and sometimes they receive rare items too

It's not just Creed -- there are Chanel fakes all over the place, including from Amazon third-party sellers, and I've seen Guerlains online that I'm positive weren't authentic because the bottles were all wrong. The most likely to be faked are expensive fragrances that are highly popular, especially if they are in relatively simple packaging. There's no reason why the same people who sell fake perfume on eBay can't set up Internet storefronts and sell it that way too!

These discount sites seem to be reliable, from what other posters have reported:

Scentiments
    Beauty Encounter
    Parfum1
    Fragrance Net
    FragranceX
    Perfume Country
    Scented Monkey
    Strawberrynet

I know there are other reliable ones, but these are the ones I've heard good things about off the top of my head.

Some of the other e-tailers may not sell fakes, but may not ship what you ordered correctly, in a timely fashion, or at all!
    Last edited by Thalia; 11th May 2010 at 06:57 PM.

amazon.com can't be beat on prices. scentiments is great as well. can't comment on the others.

Cheapsmells.com - I'm their regular custommer.

Scentiments, Scent Monkey, Parfums Raffy, Beauty Encounter, Parfum 1 , BigDiscount - They've all been reliable for me.

Cheap-perfume.co.uk? Any info if this is reliable and do not sell fakes? I sure do hope not as I just ordered from them

Niche+ sites like Luckyscent, Beautyhabit, etc. are completely reliable.
    Regular e-tailers like Scentiments, Perfume.com, FragranceX, etc. are leliable too. HOWEVER, in my experience, the cheaper the prices, the less reliable they become (not in stock, fakes, damaged, shipping problems, etc.). Just beware of deals that are too good to be true when you compare sites--and I urge you to compare prices first and don't go with the one that's waaay cheaper than others. Just my opinion.
    Recently, I had a few very good experiences with e-bay stores too.

Kbar: there's an entire forum dedicated to your question. Please spend a few minutes researching threads over there.

Here's an oft-referenced thread: The BIG list of online stores - your input needed!

Parfum1 - never a problem and the juice arrived fresh and on time.

http://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk/ is great for european customers. KrugerIndustrialSmoothing, have you tried?

Fragrancex are the main site I use. I find they have a great range, excellent prices, inlcuding some difficult to find scents, free shipping to anywhere. Others have had issues with their service, but I have always found it excellent, they have quickly sorted out any (of the few) problems I have had.

Quote Originally Posted by dogsinatub View Post
    amazon.com can't be beat on prices. scentiments is great as well. can't comment on the others.
    100% agree about Amazon. It's best you order direct from them and not third party sellers. I bought a 1.6 oz. Terre d' Hermes at half the normal price and Gucci Pour Homme II at a discount of $30 off. Both arrived new and smelling fresh.

I'm a fan of Amazon too. Never been burned. When you're new to this hobby and have surfed this site for awhile, you can become skittish about fakes.
    Dealing with Amazon or most of the sites referenced above, that shouldn't be a problem.

Most of the counterfeits are scents that are either very, very popular (Aqua di Gio; Le Male) or very expensive (Creed), and they are usually purchased via eBay at a price that was "too good to be true." You'll develop your instincts. Always beware if it a price is "too good to be true."

I sometimes worry with all sites if it's really old stock or was stored improperly. Not a lot you can do about that.

I too love Amazon, but I despise how their prices literally change every day.. sometimes as much as 10 bucks which really bothers me if I just bought something from them at their higher price. Sometimes if you catch it though, Amazon will reimburse you with the differential; they definitley have the best customer service on the planet. (at least if your order direct from their warehouse) Scented Monkey's prices are untouchable though. There's a site called parfumedistributor or something that i ordered from once a few years back.. they own several other sites as well; their prices are rock bottom and have some insanely cheap testers, but the customer service is horrible, and they lie on many of the things they ship (bottle sizes, some being unboxed , or sending testers when you order new ones) so I'd steer clear of them.
    FragranceX and Fragrancenet are both excellent, but not much of a discount.

Cool Re: A good cheap site to buy fragrances online?

Quote Originally Posted by foetidus View Post
    Scentiments, Scent Monkey, Parfums Raffy, Beauty Encounter, Parfum 1 , BigDiscount - They've all been reliable for me.
    +1
    Scentiments currently has Body Kourus at $34.99 for 3.3oz edt spray. I'm sure it's genuine.

Though I have gotten letters from Oliver Creed warning me that their Curve Crush for Men is a fake!
    However since he wrote it was made my "Lissie Claibourne" I wouldn't worry too much.

Cheers,

Mario
    Last edited by Mario Justiniani; 12th May 2010 at 10:58 AM.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.