Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Favorite Sleeper?

LV Teint de Neige and Dior Cologne Blanche

Thumbs up Re: Favorite Sleeper?

Annayake - Miyako.
    Top notes : Cardamom, Cinnamon, Frankincense
    Middle notes : Hinoki, Rose, Jasmine, Ylang-Ylang, Patchouli, Cedar, Sandalwood
    Base notes : Musk, Rockrose, Benzoin, Myrrh, Amber

Whenever I smell it, I can't help but think of the Far East. Beautiful, evocative, meditative and totally unique.
    I'm very surprised that this isn't talked about on the board at all... especially by you beautiful ladies, since it is marketed to women. (I think of it as unisex. Seems to work well on me, according to others.)
    There isn't even a listing for it in the directory.
    As a limited edition not available in the US, it's almost impossible to find a bottle now. I'm clinging onto my bottle for dear life!

Germain Monteil - L'Eau de Monteil
    Top notes: Orange, Orange blossom, Wisteria,
    Middle Notes: Lavender, Jasmine, Rose, Carnation, Lily of the valley,
    Base Notes: Cedar, Tonka, Musk, Sandalwood

This is a favorite I like to smell on women. It is simply gorgeous!
    This is the olfactory equivalent of a crystal clear ornamental pond filled with lily pads and lotus flowers, lined with weeping willows and pastel colored flowers surrounding it's edges...painted by Monet.
    I bought this as a Mother's Day gift for my mother back in the 90's. I've never smelled it on anyone else besides her. I've never seen this mentioned here or any other message boards. It's listed in the directory, but there are no reviews for it.
    I would love to know who the perfumer is.

I agree that Gres Cabaret is underrated, I just love it.

Another is Eau Belle d'Azzaro.

Basenotes Institution

Dulci, I can't agree with you more! Eau Belle is what I wore last year for our citrus S'nS day. Very nice, very underrated citrucy smell with a nice cypress base and occasional salty water drops.

Van Cleef & Arpels- First extrait
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser sa source

Quote Originally Posted by Dulci View Post
    I love it, too. One of my favorite rose scents. It's a shame that the bottle is so kitsch. Every time I open it, I think Barbara Eden will appear in her I Dream of Genie outfit.

It can only be Norell, a fragrance I've worn longer than memory, and one that never fails to elicit compliments. And, as a bonus, I've never noticed anyone else wearing it (unless it morphed into an unrecognizable scent). Is this one on anyone's regular rotation?

Fendi Theorema!
    "The death of Satan was a tragedy for the imagination."

L'Instant. Don't know why i forget so often about it.
    "They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night."
    Edgar Allan Poe

http://perfumum.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf
    Dulci, I can't agree with you more! Eau Belle is what I wore last year for our citrus S'nS day. Very nice, very underrated citrucy smell with a nice cypress base and occasional salty water drops.
    Eau Belle has a certain...astringency? is that the word I'm looking for? that I find very refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dulci
    I love it, too. One of my favorite rose scents. It's a shame that the bottle is so kitsch. Every time I open it, I think Barbara Eden will appear in her I Dream of Genie outfit.
    aww, I like the I Dream of Genie bottle, it feels heavy and substantial in my hand, and the cap is nice and heavy too.

Lots of interesting recommendations in this thread.

L'Heure Bleue
    Coromandel
    Last edited by Fragranza; 13th March 2008 at 08:10 PM.

Kenzo Ce sent beau, Alessandro dell'Aqua.

I'm a big fan of Gres Cabaret too,
    And I adore Madame Rochas which doesn't get mentioned much but I find it enormously wearable and well put-together.
    I was surprised at how good Cabotine is, too. That doesn't get much attention either.
    Also, Eaux de Cologne in general don't get talked about much - perhaps because they're generally lightish and citrusish and don't last for long. I like a good Eau de Cologne in the summer though - cools you down when you apply it, so it makes sense to reapply every few hours. Good reason to get one of those cute little handbag atomisers - or am I being unbearably chi chi?
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Panthere Eau Legere by Cartier... I gave mine away and have been thinking about it ever since. Never see anyone talking about it on the fragrance boards, but if you like grapefruit notes, it might be worth checking out. Love the drydown.

My sleepers are Bulgari black,Omnia and Champs Elysees.I tend to forget about them since I only have minis.