Code of Conduct

Default If he likes Eternity for Men, what else might he like?

My boyfriend isn't big on fragrance for himself but he tolerates Eternity for Men. If that is one of your favorites as well, what else would you recommend? I want to take him sampling one day and need to narrow things down a bit.

Default Re: If he likes Eternity for Men, what else might he like?

Truth for Men

It's been referred to as a modern Eternity. I owned a bottle when it came out and quickly went through it during the spring/summer. Has a green spring feel with some light spicy wood character.

Post Thanks / Like

Eternity for Men definitely is not one of my favourites, however if he likes Eternity maybe he'd like Tommy, Polo Sport, Platinum Egoist, Cool Water...
    “As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others.” Peter Handke

Post Thanks / Like

Eternity is a Fresh Fougere scent, and there are lots of scents in that category (Chanel's Platinum Egoiste, Boss Elements, Cool water etc). But the ones that have always struck me as being closer in character to Eternity are Wings by Giorgio, Animale, and Gabriela Sabatini's Wild Wind.
    Renato

I would add L'Eau Par Kenzo, 212 Carolina Herrera, variations of Polo and Romance, also Estee Lauder Pleasures for Men.

I'd say stick with Eternity. It is my go-to scent when I don't know what to wear and it works every time.

Edit: If you want something different, go for Cool Water. Many look down on it here due to snobbery and what not but, it is still a dam good fragrance!
    Last edited by Scentologist; 10th March 2008 at 12:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boal View Post
    I would add L'Eau Par Kenzo, 212 Carolina Herrera, variations of Polo and Romance, also Estee Lauder Pleasures for Men.
    i second L'Eau Par Kenzo, 212 Carolina Herrera...i would also like to add, Man.Abusson and Boss no.6

He sounds like an Armani Acqua Di Gio guy.

Post Thanks / Like

Estee Lauder Pleasures for Men (as already mentioned)
    Eddie Bauer Pure
    Stetson Fresh (just hit the stores - inexpensive as well!)

Post Thanks / Like

cool water similar to Eternity? That is a new one for me. :S While I do not like either of them (And it is not snobery, they just not that good) I woud recommend the following similar but improved scents.
    Herrera - Carolina Herrera
    Dolce & Gabanna for men
    Himalaya - Creed.
    Platinum Egoste Chanel
    L'Homme - YSL

Post Thanks / Like

-Claiborne Sport
    -Chancellor
    -X Limited by Aigner
    -CK Contradiction

These are what I can think of at the moment.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Post Thanks / Like

A couple folks already mentioned Pleasures by Lauder....try that one out, I agree it's in the same vein. Reaction by Kenneth Cole may be a good possibility and I'll even throw in Vetiver by Guerlain. I won't say Eternity and Vetiver are quite close to one another in how they come across, but the vetiver note in Eternity is an essential part of its character. The Guerlain scent takes on a different spin.....hey, you can at least try it, right?

'Ya know, I was thinking of this and almost ruled it out, but I'm gonna suggest it: L'Eau D'Iseey Pour Homme. Yeah.....the original Issey Miyake scent for Men. I dunno if someone mentioned it already and I'm too lazy to look. Check that one out if 'ya can.....I think it's in the same neighborhood.

And remember: Have fun!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Richie_B View Post
    A couple folks already mentioned Pleasures by Lauder....try that one out, I agree it's in the same vein. Reaction by Kenneth Cole may be a good possibility and I'll even throw in Vetiver by Guerlain. I won't say Eternity and Vetiver are quite close to one another in how they come across, but the vetiver note in Eternity is an essential part of its character. The Guerlain scent takes on a different spin.....hey, you can at least try it, right?

'Ya know, I was thinking of this and almost ruled it out, but I'm gonna suggest it: L'Eau D'Iseey Pour Homme. Yeah.....the original Issey Miyake scent for Men. I dunno if someone mentioned it already and I'm too lazy to look. Check that one out if 'ya can.....I think it's in the same neighborhood.

And remember: Have fun!!!
    how did i miss Issey and reaction...great choice, especially reaction, there, you got it your alternative to eternity whch doesnt smell similar, yet, anyone who likes eternity would most certainly appreciate KC reaction
    Last edited by jenson; 10th March 2008 at 03:29 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

my other suggestions have already been posted...

Tiffany for Men