Code of Conduct

Question Canali Summer Night?

http://www.perfume.com/canali/canali...t-1110723.html

Has anybody tried it? It isn't even in the Basenotes database. Is that because it is too new?

Default Re: Canali Summer Night?

I tried it. Very sweet leather compared to alot of others. I think this smells quite a bit like John Varvatos from my brief experience with it.

I have it...its pretty good IMO...
    A little bit more fresh and cool than the original....I think smell a bit of a soft violet...but not sure?

Grant has been redesigning the website.

You will find that a lot of functions have been temporarily disabled in order for him to work effectively.

Along with that, many new fragrances have not yet been added to the database.

You can post a message for Grant in the missing fragrance forum at the bottom of the community page: http://community.basenotes.net/forumdisplay.php?f=35

Welcome to Basenotes!

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Thanks all!

Just one other question. Is it so similar to Canali Black Diamond that you would only really want to own one or the other? Or are they different enough to be distinguished as separate fragrances? It seems Canali has a somewhat bad rep on this forum for being generic or simply rebottling frags. But looking at the notes they sound so exactly like what I am looking for that I can't pass up trying at least one of them.

I ordered a sample of Black Diamond, so if I really like that I'll get a full bottle. But I am curious about Summer Night as well, and was wondering how it would compare to BD. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Galleddrim View Post
    Just one other question. Is it so similar to Canali Black Diamond that you would only really want to own one or the other?
    No, it's different. While the 'original' Canali Man is rather similar to the Prestige edition, and Black Diamond is nearly identical to Black Diamond, Summer Night is another world. Quite good, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Black Diamond is nearly identical to Black Diamond
    Well, it's good to know that they are consistent, at least. Hehe, just kidding. I knew what you meant. Thanks so much for the input. I'll need to try them both.

Quote Originally Posted by Galleddrim View Post
    Well, it's good to know that they are consistent, at least. Hehe, just kidding. I knew what you meant. Thanks so much for the input. I'll need to try them both.
    Well, you know, stupid me But if you try the Prestige Edition side by side with Black Diamond you will see what I meant.

Right. I meant I need to try BD and SN. I take your word for it that BD and CP are pretty much the same.
    --------------------------------------
    Just received my sample of Canali Black Diamond. That is some pretty good stuff. Looking forward to receiving the Summer Night, which is on its way.
    Last edited by Galleddrim; 13th March 2008 at 04:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost