Code of Conduct

Cool Allure Homme+Allure Homme Sport?Worth having both?

I own Allure Homme and was thinking of getting the Allure Homme Sport. Its getting warmer and I don't have any good summer scents. Aquatics really. Do you think they are too similar or do their differances warrant buying both? Oh and any suggestions for a light summerfrag that actually lasts more than 2 minutes?

Default Re: Allure Homme+Allure Homme Sport?Worth having both?

yeah...they are so different that you could get both....one is warm vanilla, th eother is pure citrus. I think a great summer frag is tommy bahama very cool...freakin amazing...also try lacoste red(style in play)

i'v been hearing alot about these two, how much do they sell for?

1.7oz-Allure Homme-$45
    3.4oz Allure Homme-$60

1.7oz Allure Homme Sport-$50
    3.4oz Allure Homme Sport-$60

Get em both. Sport is better for summer.

the 3.4 is only $10 more? wow but still its expensive
    i have like 5 spring/summer scents in mind to buy but im looking at around $300....
    --------------------------------------
    212men
    this if it smells good
    adg refill
    lacoste red and/or essential (which lasts longer?)
    blv aqva and escada m
    maybe ill swap the aqva for something else because its kinda similar to adg, any suggestions? i perfer mainstream stuff
    Last edited by xclusive; 11th March 2008 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Aqva is amazing. You should get rid of AdG. 212 men not sure how you will like it if you like mainstream fresh stuff. I liked it at first, but then my interpretation of it changed and it began to give me headaches. Now I like it again, so whatever. Escada Magnetism I have tried three times on paper from perfumania, and it always put me off. But I tend not to like stuff on paper, and perfumania gets all their smells meshed together from the atmosphere. You should get lacoste red if you want to get a fresh lacoste fragrance, cause essential blows. Pour Homme is also good I think.
    Try these out for spring/summer scents. Issey Miyake, Hugh Parsons Blue, Guess Man, Unforgivable, Dolce and Gabanna Pour Homme, Versace Man, Carlos Santana, DKNY Delicious Red, Chanel Platinum Egoiste, Givenchy Blue Label. Not to mention Allure Sport. I enjoy mainstream fresh scents and those strike me most that I can remember.
    D&G PH and Guess Man last the longest and have amazing projection.
    Last edited by genvy5; 11th March 2008 at 05:25 AM.

After four attempts to improve the clashing mess of allure homme and even more allure homme sport, Polge finally seems to have found the good dimension to address this concept with the latest releases.
    So skip both the allure homme and the allure homme sport and go directly to the Edition blanche for formal/evening wear and to cologne sport fur day/casual wear.

sport edt is my favorite of the 3. check out the edition blanche tho it is 'new'. i didn't fall for it when i tried it last week but i'll have to wear it again sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent View Post
    After four attempts to improve the clashing mess of allure homme and even more allure homme sport, Polge finally seems to have found the good dimension to address this concept with the latest releases.
    So skip both the allure homme and the allure homme sport and go directly to the Edition blanche for formal/evening wear and to cologne sport fur day/casual wear.
    would you say edition blanche is more similar to allure or allure sport? where did you get it?

They are definitely different and worth having at the same time. However I did not try Cologne Sport and the last Blanche, so I don't know how Cologne compares to Sport and Blanche and which one or two are the best out of these.

I haven't tried Edition Blanche yet, but between Allure Homme and Allure Homme Sport, I think they're both good fragrances and different enough to have both.
    Where once there was no scents to it all, now the world opens before me!

Quote Originally Posted by jdnba View Post
    would you say edition blanche is more similar to allure or allure sport? where did you get it?
    I actually didn't find much similarity, if any. And the Cologne Sport is the best of the four in the Allure family, way better than this last edition.

Allure Homme Sport smells awesome to me, but women hate it. I actually get the "ewww!" response. Needless to say, I don't plan on wearing it anytime soon.
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

Quote Originally Posted by xclusive View Post
    the 3.4 is only $10 more? wow but still its expensive
    i have like 5 spring/summer scents in mind to buy but im looking at around $300....
    --------------------------------------
    212men
    this if it smells good
    adg refill
    lacoste red and/or essential (which lasts longer?)
    blv aqva and escada m
    maybe ill swap the aqva for something else because its kinda similar to adg, any suggestions? i perfer mainstream stuff
    austin reed is a good alternative(cheaper) for allure...very identical..

id say spend your money on something totally different, have a fun new discovery