Code of Conduct

Default Comptoir Sud Pacifique

Looks like the kind of brand I would like to have. Which are their best scents?
    Floral
    Fresh
    Fruty
    Woody
    and Spicy scent?

Default Re: Comptoir Sud Pacifique

I'm split on this line. Exotistic clichés, more of a "designer" than a "niche" feel - these are often available at half price or less on ebay and that to me reflects their actual value. That said, I enjoy
    L'Eau du Gouverneur: spicy tropic nutmeg-oriented, beautiful de Charlus review on this one.
    Écume de Thé: a pleasant tea scent. The bergamot gives it a slight Earl grey feel, some very subtle floral notes and black tea
    Barbier des Iles: a brutally dry barbershop scent. Rive Gauche twenty years after emigrating to Haiti.

Can't comment on the fruities.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

I like Musc Alize. It's one of the fresher CSP scents that isn't loaded with vanilla like the others.

Hey it's lonely out here on CSP Island, welcome aboard! I've gone through several cans of both Safranier and Vetyver Haiti and have yet to tire of them. Both are spicy, indeed, can be worn in all seasons and manage to pull off rougishly casual and almost but not quite suit and tie. Shorts and tie, more like it.

Of course whenever a thread starts up about good aquatics Aqua Motu always makes the list. Like or not, it's undeniably one of the most evocative of salt scented sea breezes threading through sawgrass fronds. Not the longest lasting of their line but as pointed out, (rather pointedly, I thought) they're cheap. Check parfum1 for their twentyfour dollar tester cans....

I've had several others of theirs, can't quite recall names except that somewhere in the title was the word vanilla or vanille. They weren't kidding about that and if you like 'em sweet they should be your holy grail. Same goes for any of with cocoa on the label.

BOIS DE FILAO and L'EAU DU GOUVERNEUR are the top two in the CSP portfolio in my book.

BDF is a lush green scent which is very versatile and wearable, and LDG is an earthy, spicy scent which is kind of similar to Cacharel Pour Homme.

O'POMELO is also a great sunny citrus/fruity fragrance which is clean and sharp.

As Noirwest mentioned, Aqua Motu is the most amazing aquatic I have ever tried.
    Nothing like Erolfa, 1805, Wall Street, etc. Very realistic and to some, not in a good way.
    Iodine, salty sea spray, seaweed. This is what I get from Motu.
    I'm not sure if it is still in production but if you can find it for sampling, I highly recommend giving it a try.
    I had a bottle of it when it was still called Motu. The Aqua was added later and the original bottle was aqua colored glass.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    I'm split on this line. Exotistic clichés, more of a "designer" than a "niche" feel - these are often available at half price or less on ebay and that to me reflects their actual value. That said, I enjoy L'Eau du Gouverneur: spicy tropic nutmeg-oriented. Barbier des Iles: a brutally dry barbershop scent. Rive Gauche twenty years after emigrating to Haiti.
    I couldn't agree more on these two offerings. The whirring ceiling fans help to keep the flies away from my rice and beans as I write this.