Code of Conduct

Default Something New? Top 5 List for the Month of March 2008 - March 31st

Hey Guys,

Check it out there are so many Top 5 lists starting up so I thought we should try a monthly thing;

My only rule is keep it under 10.... people are always listing more than 5 and I know it is hard to narrow it down to 5 but keep it short

This way you can say what you want for this month (March 2008) and change it next month

Good Idea? I think so

Mine:

Mambo - Liz Claiborne
    Gaultier˛
    Michael for Men
    Polo Double Black
    212 - Carolina Herrera

Its in the sig

ECU Pirate
    Checkout the Drobe(THANKS GRANT!!!!!!!!!)

Top Fragrances: Gaultier˛ :: Mambo for Men :: 212 :: Michael for Men :: Polo Double Black

Default Re: Something New? Top 5 List for the Month of March 2008 - March 31st

right now im really feeling lolita lempicka and escada m so ill be wearing these alot this month, along with the usual
    adg
    versace EF
    vs very sexy
    gucci envy

Here are the one's I wore the most - not necessarily the top 5 favorites - but I've been exploring some different houses lately:

1. Noir Epices - FM
    2. French Lover - FM (either one of these might become a top 5 soon!)
    3. Tabarome Millesime - Creed - just from a sample (but multiple wears)... but enjoyed enough to buy a bottle from another basenoter!
    4. Bois du Portugal - Creed
    5. Idole - Lubin
    "Faites des bętises, mais faites les avec enthousiasme !" Colette

top 5 monthly - OK. Much better since favorites change at least that often.

1. Baie de Genievre, Creed
    2. Duro, Nasomatto
    3. Live Jazz, YSL
    4. Equipage, Hermes
    5. Palisander, CdG

Royal Scottish Lavender
    Acier Aluminium
    Bois du Portugal
    Vetiver
    Citrus Bigarrade

Carthusia Uno
    Sous le Vent, Guerlain
    Vetiver Bourbon, Harris
    XPEC Original
    French Lover

# 5 Outrageous by FM

# 4 Original Vetiver by Creed

# 3 Straight to Heaven by Killians

# 2 Lime Aoud by Montale

# 1 Musc Ravageur by FM
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Off-Scenter

Fickle, aren't we all?

I'm moving over to my spring wardrobe, so the five I'm enjoying most right now are probably:

Dia
    Musc Ravageur (always on my list)
    Eau d'Hermes
    Parfum d'Habit
    Iris Bleu Gris

My top five are the same as last week:

Vintage Tabarome
    Heritage
    Chanel Pour Monsieur (1955)
    Kolnisch Juchten
    Czech & Speake No. 88

My top twenty are in a constant state of flux, but these five seem to have become entrenched in my heart.

We'll see how they fare in the future!
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

L'Artisan - Fou d'Absinthe
    FM - Vetiver Extraordinaire
    Creed - Royal English Leather
    Creed - Erolfa
    Creed - Bois du Portugal
    My Top Six - Guerlain Vetiver, Santal Noble, Bois Du Portugal, Antaeus, GIT, Vetiver Extraordinaire

Wardrobe

Have a top 3 currently:

Bandit Light pour Homme
    Bois D'Argent
    Mitsouko

Dior Homme
    Silver Factory
    Covet by SJP
    Eau d'Hermes
    Azuree Soleil
    Last edited by bront82; 12th March 2008 at 09:14 PM.
    Oh please, if everyone around here is going to start telling the truth, I'm going to bed. - The House of Yes

Cool Re: Something New? Top 5 List for the Month of March 2008 - March 31st

REL
    Geir

Why only two?

Because they're leftovers from an 'oriental ' winter. I can always rebuy next fall, but it's time for Spring clearance!

Trying to be sane, and failing as ususal.
    Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

this month:

mkk
    fumerie turque
    le dandy
    guerlain vetiver (antique bottle)
    cdg 2 man

1. Mazzolari Lui
    2. Gucci pour Homme
    3. Frank No 2
    4. Guerlain Heritage
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    ===
    “… [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me naďve, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross.” ~ David Sedaris

Blog Entries

Thierry Mugler Cologne
    John Varvatos
    Diesel Fuel For Life
    Bvlgari Black
    Fahrenheit 32

Honorable Mentions: Lacoste Essential, Hugo XY, L'Eau Par Kenzo, Terre D'Hermes

Givenchy Xerius
    Guerlain Coriolan
    Guerlain Vetiver
    Burberry London
    YSL Opium

See signature
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

What he's tried to say is the top five you want to add to your collection .... and everybody that has responded has given us their top five scents they have used in the past month ..

Ok ...... Before the month is out I want /will be adding the following to my lot .
    Calvin
    Paco Rabanne
    Aramis
    Maxims
    and ?????
    Last edited by Dimitrios; 13th March 2008 at 10:45 AM.

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Chanel PM
    Tiffany for Men
    Guerlain Jicky
    Acqua di Parma Colonia
    Creed BdP

On the bubble this month: C&S 88, Habit Rouge, Penhaligon's English Fern, Tam Dao, GIT

1.Alfred Sung Homme
    2.Dolce & Gabanna ph
    3.Gucci Envy
    4.Aramis 900
    5.L'Instant Extreme

.................................................. ...................I'm gonna memorize your name.. and then i'm gonna throw my head away!!........:bounce:.............

1. Tauer's L' air du desert Marocain
    2. Caron's Yatagan
    3. L' Artisan's Voleur de Roses
    4. L' Artisan's Patchouli Patch
    5. Davidoff's Zino Davidoff

In no order:

A&F Fierce

Armani Attitude

Hermes Un Jardin en Mediterranee

Cool Water

Jazz

Havana / Reserva
    Czech & Speake - Cuba
    Montana Parfum D'Homme (red box)
    Versace L'Homme
    Paul Smith London

Intense

Soir

Last edited by nova; 14th March 2008 at 12:39 PM.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, cause those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    What he's tried to say is the top five you want to add to your collection .... and everybody that has responded has given us their top five scents they have used in the past month ..

Ok ...... Before the month is out I want /will be adding the following to my lot .
    Calvin
    Paco Rabanne
    Aramis
    Maxims
    and ?????
    Just to clarify I was talking about the current Top 5 you have for this month that you already own. You know how this month where you wear this fragrance but the next month you wear something different because of the maturity of yourself and your nose as time goes on.

I think most people have this but just to clarify it is the Top 5 favorite scents for this month you already own
    Checkout the Drobe(THANKS GRANT!!!!!!!!!)

Top Fragrances: Gaultier˛ :: Mambo for Men :: 212 :: Michael for Men :: Polo Double Black

Since tomorrow has been declared Gucci Envy Day:

1.Gucci Envy

Because The new summer Opium should be out soon:

2. Ysl's Opium pour Homme Eau D'Orient 2007

Because I have renewed interest in "drug store cologne":

3. Dana's Canoe- love this stuff.

Because tennis weather is back:

4: Penhaligon's Racquets Formula

Because it always brings people closer:

5: Lolita Lempicka's Au Masculin
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

My top favorites for the month of March, 2008, are:

(1) Chanel Égoïste - The Rose, Sandalwood, and Vanilla drydown is so pleasant. Must be kind of like heaven.
    (2) Czech & Speake Neroli - A very natural, long-lasting citrus and traditional British cologne, with a drop-dead masculine Neroli.
    (3) Serge Lutens Chergui - Liquid sunshine in a bottle, and I don't care that they've changed the color to green.
    (4) Bulgari Black - Hockey puck bottle often malfunctions, but the juice is worth the trouble.
    (5) Aramis JHL - Bold and exquisite 1980s cologne for men. Will never go out of style as far as I am concerned.
    (6) Domenico Caraceni Pour Homme - Spiritually uplifting IMO with powerful Rose Absolute and Frankincense. I love the purity and intensity of this Rose.
    (7) Clive Christian 1872 - Handsome, long-lasting, and refined. Disrespected here, but I enjoy wearing it anyway.
    Last edited by Rockford; 16th March 2008 at 04:10 AM.

1. Kouros
    2. Zino Davidoff
    3. Versace L'Homme
    4. Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Tuscan Cypress
    5. Antaeus

Mr Taylor's Gentleman's Cologne
    Blenheim Bouquet
    Yatagan
    Antaeus
    Kouros
    Last edited by joe mcclaine; 16th March 2008 at 09:33 AM.

Acqua di Parma Colonia
    Le Labo Rose 31
    Montale Blue Amber
    Creed Bois du Portugal
    Domenico Caraceni

L'air du Desert Marocain - Tauer
    Eau Noire - Dior
    Scent Intense - Costume National
    Cacharel PH
    Opium PH - YSL

Favorites so far this month:
    Dior Homme Intense
    Envy
    M7
    Sables
    For swap/sale: Vintage Tiffany for Men, Histoires de Parfums 1740 Marquis de Sade, 1 Million Absolutely Gold, Prada Amber pour Homme DELUXE version, Loewe Pour Homme, Pure Malt 2013, Floris Vetiver, Charriol Royal Leather, Dior Homme Intense, Chanel PMC, M7 gel, Roma (women's), Spicebomb, Trussardi Uomo, Obsession, others...
    http://tiny.cc/rd8ptw
    (swaps)
    http://tinyurl.com/a7qoley
    (sales)

Blog Entries

Favs so far this month...it's still cold in the mornings and nights and only warms up to 50* so far.

ysl eau d'orient (got the 06 bottle and loving it!)
    terre d'hermes

Those 2 I bought blind...and just like them I got a bottle of live jazz based on all of the stuff I've read here but I'm still deciding whether or not I really like it. I'm going to wait for a warm day to open the live jazz back up.
    Last edited by reneirwold878; 18th March 2008 at 04:45 PM.
    Looking for:
    Versace Man eau Fraiche - Please PM me if you have it!

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...r8877/haha.jpg

Ciao a tutti,

Carthusia Numero Uno
    Fragonard Eau de Hongrie
    Acqua di Parma Colonia
    MPG Jardin du Nil
    CdG Soda