Code of Conduct

Post Most complimented

Hello everyone,

Which fragrance have you received most compliments on ever? And by which gender?

For me it was Lancome Hypnose.

Thank you

Smile Re: Most complimented

Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue. By both genders! I got on to it after hearing a radio interview with Chandler Burr (NY Times scent critic).The man is the David and Margaret of the perfume world!
    Last edited by tdrps; 12th March 2008 at 05:03 AM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Default Re: Most complimented

Thank you for your reply tdrps! It just fascinates me what people actually get complimented on (as opposed to what they think will get compliments )

Aqua Allegoria Ylang & Vanille has been the one for me.

That one sounds lovely Fiori

Cristobal is my compliment getter - mainly from women.
    Men seem to like Cinnabar and Allure Sensuelle.

Cristobol, Burberry Brit (usually from men), L de Lolita Lempicka ( also from men), Cherugi, Fifi Chachnil ( hubby likes this one), POTL Luctor et Emergo, and believe it or not Angel are the ones I get more compliments on when I wear them. I have a friend who asks me what I am wearing everytime I have on Kelly Caleche also, because she says it smells so good, but I only have a decant of it so far.

Wow Cristobal landed two votes Chergui with those sandalwood notes is not a suprise! Angel always seems to pop up in these sorts of lists ha?

My compliment getters are Chergui,Angel,Crystal Noir and Trouble.

My other half rarely comments on my perfume unless I make him sniff and then ask him what he thinks.
    I've had compliments from my colleagues on Gardenia Musk (Ava Luxe), Tabac Blond and Musc Ravageur, but it's rare for strangers to talk to each other in London so I've never had any comments from people I don't know.
    My boyfriend had to move to Manchester after getting a job there and was amazed that complete strangers would be friendly and come up and talk to him - that never happens in London!

Compliments from male acquaintances on TBS Amorito and Lipstick Rose, not much else I remember. My mother was raving about the perfume I wore today - she loved it and so did my sis and bf. Turned out to be Eau des Merveilles... I'm now thinking it is fbw I don't often get complimented on smell.

Leonard Tamango

I've recently received compliments on Un Bois Vanille - more than once actually!

My biggest compliment-getter so far is Sung by Alfred Sung, mostly from women but its my hubby's favourite too. Have received some compliments from men when wearing Coco Chanel.

Alien is by far my biggest compliment getter. I get compliments from both men and women when I wear Alien. I usually get compliments from both genders young and old. Men mostly love the sweet smellin stuff on me. The other ones that I often get compliments on are......

Coco Mademoiselle
    Lolita Lempicka
    So In Love
    Belle en Rykiel
    Aimez Moi
    Pleasures

Whenever I wear the above, I get a compliment.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Mine are Crystal Noir, Coco Mademoiselle, Alien, Fracas, Gugo Boss Intense. Most of them are quite sweet.
    Last edited by Frenchie Day; 12th March 2008 at 12:52 PM.

Pink Sugar (from both sexes)
    Angel (from both sexes)
    Escada Margaretha Ley (from men)

From men - Shalimar has been my biggest "compliment" getter over the years. Lately, (last year or so) Shocking, Burberry Brit, and Juicy Couture (most recent) have all received several lovely compliments esp. the Juicy.

From woman - Shocking, Juicy Couture (Sat. nite), Montaigne, Brit, and Spiritueuse Double Vanille have garnered a few nods.
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

Flowerbomb continues to elicit the most compliments for me, from men & women. People lean in close to inhale me.
    Sniff and let sniff.

summer means fireflys

Angel by a mile, but then again, I've worn her the longest. I get compliments from friends, family, strangers nearly every time I wear it ...

Also:
    Pink Sugar
    Ambre Sultan
    Le Baiser du Dragon
    Trouble
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Basenotes Plus

From men and women alike:

Shalimar
    Habit Rouge
    Anne Pliska
    Perfect Veil
    Chanel Coromandel
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

From men: Love's True Bluish Light.

From women: Samsara, Cristobal, and amazingly Mitsouko.

Chanel Allure Sensuelle,
    Dolce & Gabbana Feminine
    Versace Crystal Noir.

From men: Sacre, Sacrebleu, Champs Elysees, L'Heure Bleue, Black Cashmere.

From women: Jicky, Burberry Brit, Sacrebleu, Miss Rocaille, Champs-Elysées.

Philosophy Falling in Love

from females = FM - Musc Ravageur, Outrageous!, Creed SMW

males = D&G PH
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

I received the most compliments wearing Lolita Lempicka L and City Glam. Men seem to love both of them and women have said something about L.

I receive the most compliments with Coco Mademoiselle, Le Baiser du Dragon and Samsara.

I believe there was another thread about sniffing a perfume you wore on someone else and it reminded me of something that happened to me last year. I usually only wear Samsara at night because I feel it's too much for the office. One of my female employees came in one day and she smelled divine, I asked her what she was wearing and she told me she only wears Samsara. I could not believe it as it did not smell anything like it does on me.

This may sound pretentious, but it is the truth. I have received compliments on everything I have ever worn, from the most random of people. I have had little children, while I was doing a practicum in a classroom, say "oooohhhh you smell yummy" when I was wearing Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie. When I was at at student teaching meeting the other day, the director of student teaching came in and said "wow, someone smells wonderful", I was doused in Arpege, so I said thank you. I have always felt; it is not what you wear, it is how you wear it. I adore everything I own, and this makes the difference I believe. I douse myself in scent with abandon; for anyone who has been "perfumed" in one of the french fragrance houses you know what I mean; especially Caron, who will keep spraying head to toe, until you are surrounded by a huge fragrant cloud. So I am always 'well fragranced' and love the feeling, and I guess that makes others very receptive also.
    Enjoy your friday everyone
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Most complemented ever - Hypnotic Poison

Most complemented recently - Blue Amber

Of course, I'm only remembering the male complements

I don't get complements from others too often because I really try to wear perfume with a light hand. If someone is saying something further than arm's length away, I feel like I'm wearing too much. I'm kinda squirrely that way....
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by sakecat22 View Post
    I don't get complements from others too often because I really try to wear perfume with a light hand. If someone is saying something further than arm's length away, I feel like I'm wearing too much. I'm kinda squirrely that way....
    me too, sakecat... I've only gotten compliments from my husband, and that's usually when I'm really near him. And sometimes not even then. He's not very attuned to smells sometimes.

But he has noticed a fragrance he likes nearby with Ambre Narguile, Pink Sugar, and No. 19.

Smile Re: Most complimented

from male : halston woman, mira bai -chopard and messe de minuit layerd with vanilla scent

from female: enternity, pure white linen , un jardin en mediteranee and also un jardin sur le nil
    Last edited by moonlightfairy; 14th March 2008 at 11:56 PM. Reason: typo

I can go months or years without getting complimented on fragrances, but in the past couple of months I've gotten multiple complements on Eden by Cacharel (which I got to "fill in" my collection as much as because I liked it). I've also received a compliment wearing Badgley Mischka.