Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Unforgiveable Black by Sean John

I liked the scent of the first one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JBL View Post
    Wow. Already some sort of a remake.

This frag is more about the name (Sean John) and is meant for a very, very specific market.
    Please avoid.
    The market of people that won't spend $110 for an ounce of MI when they can get a 4.2 of Unforgivable for about $70?

Stuff is identical, I'm tired of hearing people bash it for retarded reasons.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

some people will buy it just because it sean john. Some will refuse to buy it for the same reason. I am in the latter category.

why does this thread have so many responses and not one person actually smelled it?

the paradox of basenotes.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

why does this thread have so many responses and not one person actually smelled it?

>>>I saw it at Sephora. They did not have a tester though, and would not open one up.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesoul View Post
    The market of people that won't spend $110 for an ounce of MI when they can get a 4.2 of Unforgivable for about $70?

Stuff is identical, I'm tired of hearing people bash it for retarded reasons.
    Or you can get 2.5 oz of Unjustified for $9. It smells virtually identical to MI to my nose and lasts just as long.

http://delagar.us/97420_unjustified_...sean_john.html

EDT Spray 75 mL 2.5 fl. oz.

An aromatic fougere fragrance, an addictive blend of fresh citrus notes, tangerine and lemon, floral notes, lavender and black rose, and sandalwood.

Unjustified...find you passion!

$9.00
    Last edited by GMF; 24th April 2008 at 10:18 PM.

Blog Entries

I did try Unjustified and there were some similarities, but also enough differences that I think Unjustified stands on it's own as a scent. It's actually quite nice, as is Vault which was the same imitator's version of Armani Code.

I tried MI at a Von Maur in Louisville expecting it to be quite different from Unforgivable, despite the numerous call-outs on here. I was floored by how similar it was, identical to my nose and Unforgivable was the fragrance that started me on this road of perfumery in general; I feel that I know it quite well. The only difference I find is Creed uses natural materials, so there is no alcohol burst in the very opening. So for about 30 seconds they're quite different. After that I believe I could spray both wrists of most users on here with one of each and not tell them which is which, and have them agree to the similarity.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp

I don't find as much similarity anymore. Wall Street, on the other hand...

Blog Entries

I never did get that connection. Wall Street is a nuclear melon and cucumber monster, it oozes green and money and sophistication (a little too sophisticated for me I think). It's pleasant in small doses, but I overapplied the last time I wore it and haven't had the courage to do it again.

I may try them side by side some time but Unforgivable is really quite subtle, even the "fizzy orange soda" note is tempered by the soft use of sandalwood. I don't detect any woods in Wall Street.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp

I tried MI at a Von Maur in Louisville expecting it to be quite different from Unforgivable, despite the numerous call-outs on here. I was floored by how similar it was, identical to my nose and Unforgivable was the fragrance that started me on this road of perfumery in general; I feel that I know it quite well. The only difference I find is Creed uses natural materials, so there is no alcohol burst in the very opening. So for about 30 seconds they're quite different. After that I believe I could spray both wrists of most users on here with one of each and not tell them which is which, and have them agree to the similarity.
    I did that with Unjustified and MI on my wrists. After a few minutes I could detect a difference between the two, but it was so slight that I suspect 99% of the people I would ask to smell my wrists would detect no difference.

I recently acquired Unforgivable Black via Ebay. Amazing scent IMO. It has similar accords to the original but with some sort of rich coconut boozy type feeling. Anyone who doubts me should try it for themselves. I don't really pay attention to the people who bash someone because they are a 'rapper' so for those who are comfortable with themselves and don't worry about others - AWESOME scent.
    I have: Davidoff Relax, Dior Homme Sport, Boss Selection, Azzaro Visit, and Creed MI (will provide # on bottle for verification) available.

Looking for the following: DG The One, Himalaya, YSL L'Homme, John Varvatos (not vintage) Canali For Men or Paypal.

Blog Entries

I forgot I was going to post about this, they had this at my local Dillard's and I honestly didn't care for it enough to justify buying it when I have the original.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp

I forgot I was going to post about this, they had this at my local Dillard's and I honestly didn't care for it enough to justify buying it when I have the original.
    I use Unforgivable during the day and Black at night. Works perfectly because I don't need to clean off the old cologne or anything. What were your feelings about it though? I know it's pretty damn similar, but did you enjoy the boozy coconut feel to it? I find it a bit more sexy than the original.
    I have: Davidoff Relax, Dior Homme Sport, Boss Selection, Azzaro Visit, and Creed MI (will provide # on bottle for verification) available.

Looking for the following: DG The One, Himalaya, YSL L'Homme, John Varvatos (not vintage) Canali For Men or Paypal.

Blog Entries

Eh, I was wearing something else at the moment so all I had to go by was a paper card, so I'll withold real judgment until I make it back there for a wearing.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp

Does anybody know when this fragrance will be out in Australia? It sucks cos we have to wait such a long time for these fragrance to make their debut here.

Does anybody know where I can get a sample of this? eBay doesn't seem to have any samples...

Anybody else try this? The few places that I have seen this, have no testers. It's so weird that they wouldn't want people to test it.

Quote Originally Posted by GMF View Post
    Or you can get 2.5 oz of Unjustified for $9. It smells virtually identical to MI to my nose and lasts just as long.

http://delagar.us/97420_unjustified_...sean_john.html
    LMFAO

They also have Gender 2BU (replica of cK Be) and G'eau (replica of Acqua Di Gio).

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

well a month back i brought Unforgivable. i spray tested it in my car after we (my frnd) brought it blind. what put me off first was this "i have smelled this before accord"...the next 5 minutes and i cud see a lot of similarities between this and the ST Dupont, of course SJ was much more crispier and elegant. but i cudnt believe it smelled like ST and in tht frustration swapped it with a Chanel PM immediately. although im glad i got the PM, i miss SJ U coz, whn i finalyl reached home...the smell had evolved into something so musky and luxurious it had created a spell on me...and i was like, man, so this is how it is, this is the creed house note everyone keeps talkign about. all said, its a wonderful frgrance. just ignore the source....
    Last edited by jenson; 16th May 2008 at 05:49 AM.

Sur la Plage

I sampled this recently. It was quite nice - but I didn't think it was very different from the original Unforgivable. So IMO, if you have one you don't need the other.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    well a month back i brought Unforgivable. i spray tested it in my car after we (my frnd) brought it blind. what put me off first was this "i have smelled this before accord"...the next 5 minutes and i cud see a lot of similarities between this and the ST Dupont, of course SJ was much more crispier and elegant. but i cudnt believe it smelled like ST and in tht frustration swapped it with a Chanel PM immediately. although im glad i got the PM, i miss SJ U coz, whn i finalyl reached home...the smell had evolved into something so musky and luxurious it had created a spell on me...and i was like, man, so this is how it is, this is the creed house note everyone keeps talkign about. all said, its a wonderful frgrance. just ignore the source....
    To be fair to Creed, Sean John didn't quite nail the Ambergris note, it's more surface appearances. I love my bottle of Unforgivable, but if you stop, really stop, and try and smell the base notes of it and MI the wheels fall off pretty quick. But it's a concious effort to find it, and 99.99% of the people that I encounter while wearing the stuff aren't going to know it's not MI. If I could say the same for Unjustifiable I'd have saved about 70 bucks.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp

Blog Entries

I tried this Tuesday night. It's pretty much the same stuff, but it's a bit more lush and I got some coconut rum in it. It's not too shabby. I didn't like the other two, but this one's aight.

The SA at Nordstrom's was talking with me (this was a very very cute SA, real young too) so I smiled and said how it's a poor man's Creed MI. She laughed, made fun of P. Diddy, then pointed out that it's 1/4 the cost of Creed. She wasn't trying to sell me it I already made my purchase and was on my way out. But it's an interesting concept about cost of fragrance in relation to worth. To me Unforgiveable is incomparable to MI. The two are similar like a shoe made of synthetic leather vs. one from Italy made of real leather. At first the two are identical but after you wear them for a while the differences scream.

Cheers,
    Ali