Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution

Default Unforgiveable Black by Sean John

The Scented Salamader reports on it here

I don't like Unforgiveable (nor Milliseme Imperial for that matter), but a few things:

- The 'Orpur' ingredients sounds slightly ridiculous - they expect me to believe that the bergamot in the top notes is naturally grown and harvested bergamot that went into the Unforgiveable Black fragrance. You have got to be kidding?
    - Is it me, or does the bottle look like the old Outrageous bottle has been frozen in carbonite like Han Solo in The Empire Strikes Back!?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Unforgiveable Black by Sean John

Thanks for this, Mike. Unforgivable's the closest thing to a holy grail that I've got so I'll be watching for this most closely.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

the orpur thing probably means its just gonna smell exactly like MI now instead of a crappier version

and the han solo thing had me laughing!

it does look like han when hes frozen...puffy never has been known for his creativity...i mean he just used the same exact bottle with a differnt cap...just like his songs, keep borrowing and borrowing until it gets old...this time he is ripping his own stuff off...lol

Just what the hell is ORPUR anyway?

I really don't like the name of the fragrance: Unforgivable Black Men.

They're a bunch of racists. I'll stick to Millesime Imperial.
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

Quote Originally Posted by somethinpositiv View Post

lol...ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by somethinpositiv View Post

Ah... c'mon... just admit it - you're an Imperialist!!!
    "Faites des bÍtises, mais faites les avec enthousiasme !" Colette

considering the original Unforgivable is already in a black bottle this is a weird name. Can't wait for Unforgivable Double Black Man, Original Unforgivable, and Unforgivable Green Irish Man.
    Last edited by AZsmells; 12th March 2008 at 10:38 PM.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Azsmells View Post
    considering the original Unforgivable is already in a black bottle this is a weird name. Can't wait for Unforgivable Double Black Man, Original Unforgivable, and Unforgivable Green Irish Man.
    Or if you purchase it from Ebay - Unforgiveable Green Frich Men

Well, people hate Sean John for making Unforgivable, yet they don't hate Creed for copying many scents themselves. A lot of hypocrites these days. But I will judge it on how it smells.
    I have: Davidoff Relax, Dior Homme Sport, Boss Selection, Azzaro Visit, and Creed MI (will provide # on bottle for verification) available.

Looking for the following: DG The One, Himalaya, YSL L'Homme, John Varvatos (not vintage) Canali For Men or Paypal.

I will judge it by the people it represents!!

Last edited by somethinpositiv; 13th March 2008 at 12:15 AM.
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

I'm a bit interested to know of these many scents that Creed has copied, Reej

do go on

I could say that OV and Himalaya are far from being original... But I do not hate Creed. I do not hate Unforgivable either. I just do not see the point of criticizing a smell before actually testing it.

Quote Originally Posted by irish View Post
    I just do not see the point of criticizing a smell before actually testing it.
    Exactly. Bogus bottles and all, this should smell better than Multi-Plat.
    SO Black is the 3rd version of the same fragrance ?

1st, I like Millesime Imperial, and I finally got a 4.0oz bottle I like ('06 batch {very very rich})
    I didn't like the OG unforgivable (too much orange soda)
    I liked Unforgivable multi-platinum (better Bergamot/citrus, and better florals)

Hopefully, this new batch will throw in some rich MI-like basenotes

**Googles Orpur**

I wasn't criticizing the new fragrance, just the name. Also I own Unforgivable and like it as a fragrance which is different enough from MI to stand on its own.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

This is the funniest thread I think I have read, lol.

Clint Eastwood should come out with a fragrance called "Unforgiven".

I think I would be too scared to smell it. "Are you going to smell it punk, are ya?"
    Last edited by Mattybumpkin; 13th March 2008 at 02:14 AM.
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by heythatslife View Post
    Just what the hell is ORPUR anyway?
    The blog I mentioned above wrote,

'The new fragrances are "extracted and re-created from the original Unforgivable" using top grade quality ingredients labeled "Orpur". As stated by the press officer, "Orpur ingredients are naturally grown and harvested to the strictest standards, causing the fragrance to have a concentrated and intense scent.".......'

Quote Originally Posted by irish View Post
    I could say that OV and Himalaya are far from being original... But I do not hate Creed. I do not hate Unforgivable either. I just do not see the point of criticizing a smell before actually testing it.
    That was my point exactly.
    I have: Davidoff Relax, Dior Homme Sport, Boss Selection, Azzaro Visit, and Creed MI (will provide # on bottle for verification) available.

Looking for the following: DG The One, Himalaya, YSL L'Homme, John Varvatos (not vintage) Canali For Men or Paypal.

Quote Originally Posted by Regis Philbin View Post
    That was my point exactly.
    It could be said that OV and Himalaya are copies given their release dates, but in Creed's case the release date indicates when it was released to the general public. For instance, GIT was created for Cary Grant, who died in 1986. Basenotes lists GIT as being released in 1985, and it's likely Cary was wearing it long before then. While this may not necessarily be the case, it is possible Himalaya and OV could have existed prior Black XS or Mugler's Cologne.

Then again, Oliver and Co. could have really liked them and wanted to make them for their own.

But back to the matter- don't you love it that Puff Doodle is "remixing" his fragrance, now with Sicilian Lemon (gee, isn't that one of MI's topnotes?) and all of this ORPUR goodness. I bet it will make Multi Platinum smell watered down!

Okay, too much sarcasm is making me hurt. I need sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    - Is it me, or does the bottle look like the old Outrageous bottle has been frozen in carbonite like Han Solo in The Empire Strikes Back!?
    That's damn funny. It could based on Puff Daddy's jail cell too.

TNMA
    Last edited by thenmarcher; 13th March 2008 at 05:38 AM.
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Wow. Already some sort of a remake.

This frag is more about the name (Sean John) and is meant for a very, very specific market.
    Please avoid.

It seems like I'm the only one who liked Unforgivable lol.

Has anybody actually smelt Unforgivable Black? If so, how does it compare to the original? It's on eBay already! I've done a search...I wonder why it's taking so long to come out in Australia.

Blog Entries

Can't stop, won't stop, eh-eh eh-eh.

I hope this isn't as butchered as that horrible "Biggie Duets" album. I still haven't forgiven the guy for that.

PS: I hated Multi-Platinum
    Last edited by Hollandaze; 22nd April 2008 at 07:04 AM.

I stick to my Millesime Imperial...I got also Unforgivable but never wear it (not original).

Quote Originally Posted by P-Natra View Post
    I stick to my Millesime Imperial...I got also Unforgivable but never wear it (not original).
    Send it to me.. I'll do the lowly task of wearing Unforgivable so you can continue enjoying MI

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

I still can't tell if multi platinum is any different from the original. Hope this one is somewhat different so we can tell the difference.

Blog Entries

There should be a summer edition of his fragrance. "Sean John Unforgivable B*tchassness".

Unhappy Re: Unforgiveable Black by Sean John

Quote Originally Posted by bluesoul View Post
    Thanks for this, Mike. Unforgivable's the closest thing to a holy grail that I've got so I'll be watching for this most closely.
    Mike is bluesoul thanking you, or have you broken his heart?

I'm very curious about this... all the bright citrus, herbal elements, all against coconut rum, amber, and tonka lower in the pyramid? this could be really delicious. I mean it's not like Sean Combs himself is sitting with a dropper, perfume oils, and a fan of scent strips hahaha
    Last edited by nthny; 23rd April 2008 at 01:47 AM.

I liked the scent of the first one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JBL View Post
    Wow. Already some sort of a remake.

This frag is more about the name (Sean John) and is meant for a very, very specific market.
    Please avoid.
    The market of people that won't spend $110 for an ounce of MI when they can get a 4.2 of Unforgivable for about $70?

Stuff is identical, I'm tired of hearing people bash it for retarded reasons.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp

some people will buy it just because it sean john. Some will refuse to buy it for the same reason. I am in the latter category.

why does this thread have so many responses and not one person actually smelled it?

the paradox of basenotes.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

why does this thread have so many responses and not one person actually smelled it?

>>>I saw it at Sephora. They did not have a tester though, and would not open one up.

The market of people that won't spend $110 for an ounce of MI when they can get a 4.2 of Unforgivable for about $70?

Stuff is identical, I'm tired of hearing people bash it for retarded reasons.
    Or you can get 2.5 oz of Unjustified for $9. It smells virtually identical to MI to my nose and lasts just as long.

http://delagar.us/97420_unjustified_...sean_john.html

EDT Spray 75 mL 2.5 fl. oz.

An aromatic fougere fragrance, an addictive blend of fresh citrus notes, tangerine and lemon, floral notes, lavender and black rose, and sandalwood.

Unjustified...find you passion!

$9.00
    Last edited by GMF; 24th April 2008 at 10:18 PM.

Blog Entries

I did try Unjustified and there were some similarities, but also enough differences that I think Unjustified stands on it's own as a scent. It's actually quite nice, as is Vault which was the same imitator's version of Armani Code.

I tried MI at a Von Maur in Louisville expecting it to be quite different from Unforgivable, despite the numerous call-outs on here. I was floored by how similar it was, identical to my nose and Unforgivable was the fragrance that started me on this road of perfumery in general; I feel that I know it quite well. The only difference I find is Creed uses natural materials, so there is no alcohol burst in the very opening. So for about 30 seconds they're quite different. After that I believe I could spray both wrists of most users on here with one of each and not tell them which is which, and have them agree to the similarity.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp

I don't find as much similarity anymore. Wall Street, on the other hand...

Blog Entries

I never did get that connection. Wall Street is a nuclear melon and cucumber monster, it oozes green and money and sophistication (a little too sophisticated for me I think). It's pleasant in small doses, but I overapplied the last time I wore it and haven't had the courage to do it again.

I may try them side by side some time but Unforgivable is really quite subtle, even the "fizzy orange soda" note is tempered by the soft use of sandalwood. I don't detect any woods in Wall Street.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp

I tried MI at a Von Maur in Louisville expecting it to be quite different from Unforgivable, despite the numerous call-outs on here. I was floored by how similar it was, identical to my nose and Unforgivable was the fragrance that started me on this road of perfumery in general; I feel that I know it quite well. The only difference I find is Creed uses natural materials, so there is no alcohol burst in the very opening. So for about 30 seconds they're quite different. After that I believe I could spray both wrists of most users on here with one of each and not tell them which is which, and have them agree to the similarity.
    I did that with Unjustified and MI on my wrists. After a few minutes I could detect a difference between the two, but it was so slight that I suspect 99% of the people I would ask to smell my wrists would detect no difference.

I recently acquired Unforgivable Black via Ebay. Amazing scent IMO. It has similar accords to the original but with some sort of rich coconut boozy type feeling. Anyone who doubts me should try it for themselves. I don't really pay attention to the people who bash someone because they are a 'rapper' so for those who are comfortable with themselves and don't worry about others - AWESOME scent.

Blog Entries

I forgot I was going to post about this, they had this at my local Dillard's and I honestly didn't care for it enough to justify buying it when I have the original.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp

I forgot I was going to post about this, they had this at my local Dillard's and I honestly didn't care for it enough to justify buying it when I have the original.
    I use Unforgivable during the day and Black at night. Works perfectly because I don't need to clean off the old cologne or anything. What were your feelings about it though? I know it's pretty damn similar, but did you enjoy the boozy coconut feel to it? I find it a bit more sexy than the original.

Blog Entries

Eh, I was wearing something else at the moment so all I had to go by was a paper card, so I'll withold real judgment until I make it back there for a wearing.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp

Does anybody know when this fragrance will be out in Australia? It sucks cos we have to wait such a long time for these fragrance to make their debut here.

Does anybody know where I can get a sample of this? eBay doesn't seem to have any samples...

Anybody else try this? The few places that I have seen this, have no testers. It's so weird that they wouldn't want people to test it.

Quote Originally Posted by GMF View Post
    Or you can get 2.5 oz of Unjustified for $9. It smells virtually identical to MI to my nose and lasts just as long.

http://delagar.us/97420_unjustified_...sean_john.html
    LMFAO

They also have Gender 2BU (replica of cK Be) and G'eau (replica of Acqua Di Gio).

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

well a month back i brought Unforgivable. i spray tested it in my car after we (my frnd) brought it blind. what put me off first was this "i have smelled this before accord"...the next 5 minutes and i cud see a lot of similarities between this and the ST Dupont, of course SJ was much more crispier and elegant. but i cudnt believe it smelled like ST and in tht frustration swapped it with a Chanel PM immediately. although im glad i got the PM, i miss SJ U coz, whn i finalyl reached home...the smell had evolved into something so musky and luxurious it had created a spell on me...and i was like, man, so this is how it is, this is the creed house note everyone keeps talkign about. all said, its a wonderful frgrance. just ignore the source....
    Last edited by jenson; 16th May 2008 at 05:49 AM.

Sur la Plage

I sampled this recently. It was quite nice - but I didn't think it was very different from the original Unforgivable. So IMO, if you have one you don't need the other.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    well a month back i brought Unforgivable. i spray tested it in my car after we (my frnd) brought it blind. what put me off first was this "i have smelled this before accord"...the next 5 minutes and i cud see a lot of similarities between this and the ST Dupont, of course SJ was much more crispier and elegant. but i cudnt believe it smelled like ST and in tht frustration swapped it with a Chanel PM immediately. although im glad i got the PM, i miss SJ U coz, whn i finalyl reached home...the smell had evolved into something so musky and luxurious it had created a spell on me...and i was like, man, so this is how it is, this is the creed house note everyone keeps talkign about. all said, its a wonderful frgrance. just ignore the source....
    To be fair to Creed, Sean John didn't quite nail the Ambergris note, it's more surface appearances. I love my bottle of Unforgivable, but if you stop, really stop, and try and smell the base notes of it and MI the wheels fall off pretty quick. But it's a concious effort to find it, and 99.99% of the people that I encounter while wearing the stuff aren't going to know it's not MI. If I could say the same for Unjustifiable I'd have saved about 70 bucks.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp

Blog Entries

I tried this Tuesday night. It's pretty much the same stuff, but it's a bit more lush and I got some coconut rum in it. It's not too shabby. I didn't like the other two, but this one's aight.

The SA at Nordstrom's was talking with me (this was a very very cute SA, real young too) so I smiled and said how it's a poor man's Creed MI. She laughed, made fun of P. Diddy, then pointed out that it's 1/4 the cost of Creed. She wasn't trying to sell me it I already made my purchase and was on my way out. But it's an interesting concept about cost of fragrance in relation to worth. To me Unforgiveable is incomparable to MI. The two are similar like a shoe made of synthetic leather vs. one from Italy made of real leather. At first the two are identical but after you wear them for a while the differences scream.

Cheers,
    Ali