Code of Conduct

Default Prada Infusion D'Iris - Wearable on a man?

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to ask if people think that this fragrance would be suitable for a guy t wear as well as a woman.

I really enjoyed the spray of the Prada exclusive line called Iris that I sprayed on the card, and this smells exactly the same to a lesser concentration (rhe sales assistant had informed me that Iris was three times more concentrated).

All the Prada exclusives are unisex, so I am wondering if it would be acceptable to wear Infusion D'Iris on myself. Do you think that others wwill think that it would be inappropriate?

Also, I believe that there will be a male counterpart fr this fragrance later this year. Will this be an Iris based scent or something completely different?

Thanks for your help!!

Lee

Default Re: Prada Infusion D'Iris - Wearable on a man?

I avoid iris frags because I find them not manly enough for my taste.

Dior Homme is the only frag I would somehow consider to buy, but I would have zero confidence wearing it.

I would certainly avoid iris frags that are unisex!

If you are confident enough to wear them, go ahead.
    But if you have doubts like this, it's better to not spend your money on it.

I tried this one at the weekend and yes, I do think that it's a very unisex scent.

If it smells good on you and you like it then it doesn't really matter whether it is marketed towards women or men. It's the scent itself that matters.

I absolutely love my hubby's Givenchy Pi and I wear it myself sometimes - it smells lovely on me and this fragrance is marketed as a mans scent.

If you like Infusion D'Iris then wear it - don't get hung up on gender.

I really liked the top notes of Infusion D'Iris but when it dried down it just smelled like furniture polish on me!

I think if you have to ask if it's acceptable for a man to wear it, then you're doubting that a man would be able to, which probably means you wouldn't feel that confident wearing it.

i have a sample of both infusion d'iris and edp fm- iris poudre. i like them both! perhaps the malle scent a bit better- it seems to have a few other nice floral notes and a touch of vanilla and amber. both of them are not very sweet and have a nice rich warmth to them.

bottem line-- both are wearable for men. especially if you enjoy the scent.

cheers,
    ryan

I don't think it is wearable for a man, but I want to get this for my mom because her name is Iris.
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

Quote Originally Posted by JBL View Post
    I avoid iris frags because I find them not manly enough for my taste.
    You should definitely check out Iris Bleu Gris by MPG. It will change your mind about iris scents and their wearability on men.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by HughLloyd View Post
    I think if you have to ask if it's acceptable for a man to wear it, then you're doubting that a man would be able to, which probably means you wouldn't feel that confident wearing it.
    This is very well said! If you truly loved it you would wear it but you’re feeling uncomfortable to the thought that possibly your sexual orientation would be questioned if you actually wore this scent.

First off - if you feel this kind of insecurity or this need of coaxing from some one other than yourself to make your decision this fragrance is NOT wearable to you! Follow your instincts…

Prada is actually making a men's iris scent due later this year. Makes sense to wait for that one.
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

Wink Re: Prada Infusion D'Iris - Wearable on a man?

A man can wear whatever he wants.
    But if he is at all uncomfortable wearing it, why would he want that ?
    You know the answer.

depends if you lack confidence. if not, wear it.
    current favourites: guerlain vetiver, trumper eucris, adp colonia
    latest swag: cdg man2, lolita lempicka au masculin
    next buys: keiko mecheri oliban, michael by michael kors

Thumbs up Re: Prada Infusion D'Iris - Wearable on a man?

Absolutely, i own a king size bottle

I just swapped for some. I smelled it at Saks on Monday and thought it was absolutely gorgeous. If you like something, wear it, that's what I think at least!
    Oh please, if everyone around here is going to start telling the truth, I'm going to bed. - The House of Yes

Sur la Plage

Definitely YES!

If you like it, wear it!

Hi folks,

Thanks for your answers!

I was asking these questions as I had not tried the fragrance on my skin, and wondered if the male fragrance will be an Iris scent too.

I just find it strange that this is a perfum when Iris from the exclusive range is unisex.

Anyway, a quick update. I manage to get a sample of Infusion D'Iris to try on me, and also got a sample of the male Prada fragrance too. I was unsure about it the first time I tried the male fragrance on the card but believe that my tastes have changed since, after becoming more knowledgable about fragrances.

I might get Infusion D'Iris, just going to pop in fr a show before wearing it when going t the local shop for some groceries. My girlfriend just had a small op on her foot so I cant wear it anywhere more adventurous at the moment!

Will let you know how I get on in a little while when I come back! Need to be on Basenotes as I have some other interesting stuff to share on other topics!

I find this whole subject fascinating as many fragrances are unisex and have been for many years, take guerlains wonderful Jicky as an example. The thing that often moves us away from a fragrance is the gender specific packaging and marketing, so please don't be shy of giving all fragrances a try. I love many of the older guerlain fragrances created for the female market, they appear to me to have more in common with what are now precieved to be fragrances for men today. I personally do not like the Prada mens' fragrance, but do like the infusion d'iris, also I don't want to smell like everyone else wearing the latest thing! If you're looking for something really original, I would go back in time and re-visit the older often forgotton and over looked fragrances.

I would agree that some fragrances do have a very feminine style that may not be suitable for the mens' market, but there appears to me to be MANY unisex fragrances out there.

The only thing that would sway me away from wearing a 'female' scent is if too many women in my social circle wear it. (That goes for any fragrance actually.) The other day a guy smelled like something which I thought could only be Chanel #5. My first reaction was "That guy must've hugged his girlfriend / wife really rightly - that Chanel sure rubbed off".

Quote Originally Posted by renperd View Post
    The only thing that would sway me away from wearing a 'female' scent is if too many women in my social circle wear it. (That goes for any fragrance actually.) The other day a guy smelled like something which I thought could only be Chanel #5. My first reaction was "That guy must've hugged his girlfriend / wife really rightly - that Chanel sure rubbed off".
    Interesting, have to say I've never seen the attraction in Chanel No 5 but I do admire the Chanel history, the no 5 packaging and the wonderful promotional material. Glamour and sophistication, but for me not in the fragrance itself.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    ... you’re feeling uncomfortable to the thought that possibly your sexual orientation would be questioned if you actually wore this scent.
    Not necessarily. His question is: "Do you think that others will think that it would be inappropriate?"

I'm not sure what inappropriate means in this context, but I would say that if you wear something feminine, it will not favorably impress people of either gender, but especially other men won't like it, in general.

Just received a sample of Infusion d'Iris and it's my SotD. Easily wearable for a man, this is quite masculine on my skin actually.

I got disappointed when the iris kicked in in a few minutes. IMO this cannot be compared to Dior Homme, but I see it filling a gap in my wardrobe when I want a subtle iris that stays close to the skin. Also useful to keep Dior Homme for more special evenings.
    Looking for a sample of Gucci Envy Me.

Does anyone else find that Infusion D'Homme smells on their skin like Infusion d'Iris smells from the bottle?

I find Infusion d'Iris to be more musky on my skin and it smells different from what it smells like on my girlfriend!

I am sure if I see it on special offer at some point.