Code of Conduct

Smile What i sampled today-reactions-Attitude, oyedo, philosykos, GIT, 4711

I went to visit my brother today in Baton Rouge, LA today...this is the city where i attended law school for three years. Since Hurricane Katrina and the population explosion of Baton Rouge, the city has groen in leaps and bounds. The shopping scene is amped...not that im one for shopping generally, but new shopping normally means new places to scent hunt. They have built a sephora, but its not yet opened...however they have some other boutiques which offer creed, bond, diptyque, etc...anyway i hopped from dillards to perfumania to a boutique called kikis where i chatted up a hot little lady who helped me with some of the frags...i let her think i didnt know a damn thing and let her help me since she was damn cute..ha ha.

Here is what i tried at all the stores:

Dillards:

Antidote: This one did nothing for me...its inoffensive, fresh, blah....cool bottle but imo nothing to get hyped up about.

Armani Attitude: WOW! This one is a sleeper. I hated it for the first ten minutes, but then i knept getting a whiff of something that smelled really good...i checked the hand i sprayed it on and wow...i dont know what is mixed with the coffee that I am smelling(which note that is), but its really nice. I will consider actually buying this in the near future...really decent and ,imo, better than amen when it come to coffee.

Perfumania:

4711--nice, clean inoffensive cologne. This stuff would be great on a hot summer day. It reminds me, as others have said, of florida water...it reminds me of being young at swim meets that were outside and blazing hot....my mom used to put florida water in an old gatorade squirt bottle and put ice in with it...when it got really hot, it was a nice way to cool down and get refreshed....my mom is really smart! ha ha

Kikis:

Philosykos--green, green, green...figgy and green. Its nice, but i could never wear it personally, but i do like it...its just a little toooooo greeeeen for me.

Oyedo--orange hard candy...very nice. I think i could really like this one.

Green Irish Tweed--eh! Its okay to me...do i like it...yes...would i buy it....no. Its well made, but i would rather purchase tabarome than this.

Bond eau de New York--another WOW....this one is something. It smells awesome...i dont know how to describe this one other than it smacks of sophistication and aplomb...its pure, its bright and its classy...liked it a lot.

I also tried the musc candle by diptyqu...i might just have to get it...smells like sex....oopsss....sorry yall, i know most of you guys hate that terminology, but there is something so sensual about it.
    Last edited by jdnba; 12th March 2008 at 10:02 PM.

Default Re: What i sampled today-reactions-Attitude, oyedo, philosykos, GIT, 4711

Hey, nice reviews!

I've recently heard a lot of good things about Armani Attitude, so I'll have to sniff this one myself pretty soon.

As for Oyedo, I really love it! Citrus scents rarely work on me but Oyedo works brilliantly on my skin. Unfortunately, Philosykos is a fragrance I no longer care for - I used to love it but its longevity always left me on the fence. Now, there's just something about it that feels incomplete - an olfactory hollowness, if you will. Maybe they've tweaked it, I don't know.

Default Re: What i sampled today-reactions-Attitude, oyedo, philosykos, GIT, 4711

i didnt actually put the philo on my skin because i was a bit nervous chatting with the cutie, so she sprayed some on a card and that green hit me in the face...ha ha. Yeah, oyedo is something so different...it reminds me, oddly, of what royall lyme did for lime...it tool=k the note and gave it that hard candy vibe, which i dig....Royall Mandarin completely missed the mark in this regard, but oyedo knocked it out the park!

Basenotes Institution

Please retry Philosykos on your skin next time you encounter a bottle. Maybe you won't like it, but you deserve to be able to experience this scent on your skin - it's quite complex and becomes much more 'wearable' on human skin. Report back when you do.

Oyedo I've never smelled, so I will now. A hard orange candy note sounds neat.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 13th March 2008 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Please retry Philosykos on your skin next time you encounter a bottle. Maybe you won't like it, but you deserve to be able to experience this scent on your skin - it's quite complex and becomes much more 'wearable' on human skin. Report back when you do.

Oyedo I've never smelled, so I will now. A hard orange candy note sounds neat.
    i certainly will...i broke my own cardinal rule by not trying it on the skin....i think that i like fig, but maybe the sweet ripe kind...im not sure, but i will try it again...mike try Oyedo, i really think you would like it.
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron

Dude, I have been singing the praises of Attitude. It am telling ya, it is niche worthy unlike his poivre line or whatever it is called. Attitude definately has a catchy theme. That tinge of harshness in the very begining might be lavender but quickly fades in a minute. This fragrance is intoxicating and makes you want to inhale it. Another fragrance that has this effect is the very popular A&F Fierce which I dearly love and don't give a dam who knows it! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    Dude, I have been singing the praises of Attitude. It am telling ya, it is niche worthy unlike his poivre line or whatever it is called. Attitude definately has a catchy theme. That tinge of harshness in the very begining might be lavender but quickly fades in a minute. This fragrance is intoxicating and makes you want to inhale it. Another fragrance that has this effect is the very popular A&F Fierce which I dearly love and don't give a dam who knows it! lol
    i am with you...both do smell good and there is no denying it! Funny enough, i know more girls that love fierce more than anything else! Those two are on my list once i get through a couple of bottles i have at the moment.
    Current Top 5:

I have alot of niche fragrances and I wouldn't give up attitude or fierce for any of them. I work out at a university gym. I smell it on other guys and think "what smells so dam good?" and I realize it is fierce. The girls go crazy for it around here as well. Talking about attitude, I was speaking with a Nordstrom's SA. He said he has over 300 fragrances because of working there and from personal purchases. He claims to reach for attitude more than most others. Attitude and Fierce are what legends are made of. I wear them because that turn me on and the fact that the ladies get frantic over it, well, that is only a plus. I was wearing attitude just last night. A girl knocked on my door. She immediately burried her head in my chest and told me how good I smell with excitement. She burried her nose in my chest like 10 more times. Next time I will have to try spraying in other areas! LOL

oyedo is the friggin' BOMB, its like liquid candy. I think im a bit old for it now (24) but I wore it when I was like 19-20 and I have a fantastic memory of this model chick going crazy over me when i was wearing it. dammit im buying a bottle soon as i get the cash!

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    I have alot of niche fragrances and I wouldn't give up attitude or fierce for any of them. I work out at a university gym. I smell it on other guys and think "what smells so dam good?" and I realize it is fierce. The girls go crazy for it around here as well. Talking about attitude, I was speaking with a Nordstrom's SA. He said he has over 300 fragrances because of working there and from personal purchases. He claims to reach for attitude more than most others. Attitude and Fierce are what legends are made of. I wear them because that turn me on and the fact that the ladies get frantic over it, well, that is only a plus. I was wearing attitude just last night. A girl knocked on my door. She immediately burried her head in my chest and told me how good I smell with excitement. She burried her nose in my chest like 10 more times. Next time I will have to try spraying in other areas! LOL
    if she is one to put her face where the scent is...i highly reccomend putting it further south next time...lol!
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by smellyliquid View Post
    oyedo is the friggin' BOMB, its like liquid candy. I think im a bit old for it now (24) but I wore it when I was like 19-20 and I have a fantastic memory of this model chick going crazy over me when i was wearing it. dammit im buying a bottle soon as i get the cash!
    if models dig it, then that is a huge bonus...it is liquid candy and i guess by the reaction you got, its good enough to eat.
    Last edited by jdnba; 14th March 2008 at 02:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Current Top 5: