Code of Conduct

Default Mont Blanc Presence

I use to love this old jem but haven't thought of it since 2002. After checking in to it, the revamped the bottle which I think looks better than the old snow globe that was designed to fit in the palm of your hand. The smell was of green apple, amber, and musk. It was quite distinctive. The only offer a 50 ml and a 75 ml in the range. They discontinued the deodorant and other products. Would I like it today? I'm afraid to gamble on it. What are your thoughts?

Default Re: Mont Blanc Presence

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    I use to love this old jem but haven't thought of it since 2002. After checking in to it, the revamped the bottle which I think looks better than the old snow globe that was designed to fit in the palm of your hand. The smell was of green apple, amber, and musk. It was quite distinctive. The only offer a 50 ml and a 75 ml in the range. They discontinued the deodorant and other products. Would I like it today? I'm afraid to gamble on it. What are your thoughts?
    I too have been re-evaluating it. Actually, I've been thinking about all my Mont Blanc frags. Like most MB frags, Presence is a nice, solid casual frag that isn't going to wow anybody, but it has its moments. Think I'll keep it but won't replace it.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Quote Originally Posted by manicboy View Post
    I too have been re-evaluating it. Actually, I've been thinking about all my Mont Blanc frags. Like most MB frags, Presence is a nice, solid casual frag that isn't going to wow anybody, but it has its moments. Think I'll keep it but won't replace it.
    I was about to buy it yesterday. I have cool version and give it 3.5. I tried the original version a few months ago and liked it.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Quote Originally Posted by KiatBkk View Post
    I was about to buy it yesterday. I have cool version and give it 3.5. I tried the original version a few months ago and liked it.
    Cool version is really bad. It's the only frag I've ever thrown away. I could not give this crap away.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

this was my first frag ever, I stopped wearing it for a while after my lutens phase when I decided I was "too good for it" but ive actually reached for it a few times in the past month. After 5 years the juice is still good! smells decent... if you can grab a deal why not?

Quote Originally Posted by manicboy View Post
    Cool version is really bad. It's the only frag I've ever thrown away. I could not give this crap away.
    Well, it is not that bad for me, but boring. It has been done a million times before LOL. Presence is a nice spicy frag, I couldn't stop sniffing my wrist when I had it on.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

I have Presence about two years in my wardrobe. To be perfectly frank, it isn't a great ("Oh, my God, how good you smell!!!!!!" kind of) scent. It is... good... and a pretty safe choice (sometimes too safe, for my taste).
    The old bottle wasn't so... practical, but it was more original, that's for sure. In any case, I like Presence more than other Mont Blanc's scents, Individuel and Starwalker.
    “As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others.” Peter Handke