Code of Conduct

Default Roger & Gallet - Extra Vielle Edt?

I recently picked up Extra Vieille on Ebay but it's an EdT. I've only ever seen the EdC in the stores so I was unaware of an EdT version. Bottle & juice look authentic so I wonder if the EdT is a rarity. Anybody know?
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Default Re: Roger & Gallet - Extra Vielle Edt?

Have you actually seen the bottle? Or was it just listed as EDT? If you haven't seen the actual bottle, i would say the most likely explanation is wrong listing by seller.

If not that, it is possible that the eau de cologne formula is (has always been) edt strrength and they have decided to list it as such.

I will check their website now....
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

I could not find extra vielle listed anywhere as an EdT just as an EdC.

I did find the eBay listing, however, and it does show an Extra Vielle bottle with an EdT label!

So, I guess it is available.

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Interesting, this is not called "Jean Marie Farina" - it might be a different formulation.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

I ave always assumed that JMF and extra vieille were the same. However, I recently bought some minis on ebay - there are two different packages - one is called just Jean marie farina EDC and has a red cap. the other is Jean Marie Farina Extra Vieille EDC and has a gold cap. I just assumed these were from different times, but maybe they are different formulations. I haven't tested them side by side yet, but I will. They are both called JMF though. Which means there may be thre version?? Hmm. I suspect this is just different packaging for the same juice.
    I am pretty sure I have read somewhere that classic edcs are often edt in actual concentration.
    --------------------------------------
    edit - I have just looked at my 100 ml spray. That is called extra vieille edc - no jean marie farina??? I can't believe they have all these different juices. Maybe something legal to do with the usuage of the farina name? I know this has been in dispute at some point.
    Last edited by hirch_duckfinder; 13th March 2008 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    I could not find extra vielle listed anywhere as an EdT just as an EdC.

I did find the eBay listing, however, and it does show an Extra Vielle bottle with an EdT label!

So, I guess it is available.

That's the one I bought! Yeah, it does appear to be authentic as the bottle, label & cap all look like the EdC version though it says EdT on the bottle. Interestingly enough, it smells & lasts like the EdC.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976