Code of Conduct

Default je reviens and norell: classics, but are they really that good?

Do you have any opinions re: Je Reviens? Favorite formula? Does it smell dated? Is it a lot like chanel no. 5?

Do you have any opinions re: Norell? Formula? Is there a smell alike I'd be more aquainted with?

Thank you!

Default Re: je reviens and norell: classics, but are they really that good?

Norell is wonderful and needs to be re-discovered.
    From The Scented Salamander:
    "To me, the qualities of Norell are immediately apparent; it has cachet, presence, allure, character, and charm. The very start of the fragrance is somewhat bracing with galbanum offering some dry, slightly verdant sensations to the nose together with lemon, mandarin, and lavender notes. It mellows down very quickly to a warm, round and sensual floral heart composed of jasmine, hyacinth, iris, mimosa, and ylang-ylang.
    It reminds me irresistibly of the way ylang-ylang is showcased in Heliotrope by Crown Perfumery. Its aura, its personality are in fact very similar to that of Heliotrope but with a more pronounced aldehydic character. Mercifully, the aldehydes are tame enough, never conspicuous.
    In Norell, the notes that dominate to my nose are ylang-ylang, carnation, and clove. A dry, spicy counterpoint balances out the sweetness of the perfume.The base has cinnamon, coriander, vanillic cardamom, calla-lily, musky vetiver, oakmoss, and myrrh. The jus is classified as a green floral and is subtly reminiscent of the green overtones in Fidji, composed by the same author, while being at the same time a much warmer and sensual fragrance."

I wore them both years ago and they are both incredible. They are both so inexpensive I highly recommend trying them both.

Je Reviens by Worth (a little description): http://www.fragrancehut.com/jerebywoedts1.html

Norell (notes included): http://www.fragrancehut.com/noforwobynoe.html

The really good one is Norell II

I bought a bottle of Norrell unsniffed and have regretted it. It starts out great, which makes me think the reviews are on track, but quickly goes to a very cheap-smelling drydown. I can't help but feel that I have a reformulated version. Usually I can go along with the reviews, even if the perfume is not "my type". But this--no.