Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Two frags enter, one frag leaves. Should I purchase 212 or Vetiver?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vetiver by Guerlain

13 52.00%
  • 212 by Hererra

12 48.00%

Default Help Me Pick: 212 or Vetiver

212 (original for men) and Vetiver by Guerlain.

I love both but can only afford one for this spring. Please cast a vote/post and seal my fate!

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Help Me Pick: 212 or Vetiver

Guerlain Vetiver

VG is beautifull, if you can stand it. It has much more character than 212, it is more complex and less popular.

I find I do not wear Vetiver very well, and it seems 212 goes well on lots of folks so if you were to have just one ...
    ===
    [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me nave, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross. ~ David Sedaris

Too many people own Vetiver... I don't really like that smell either. It is a good scent but I would choose 212. That is subjective because I've been wanting to buy it. I say smell both side by side and pick for yourself.

Not the best choices, no offense... 212 is so-so, Vetiver makes me puke, so I guess 212 by default...
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

Quote Originally Posted by somethinpositiv View Post
    Not the best choices, no offense... 212 is so-so, Vetiver makes me puke, so I guess 212 by default...
    No offense taken. What would you recommend for the warmer weather? (Something fresh but not floral).

never smelled VG but i love 212

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Xephon23 View Post
    No offense taken. What would you recommend for the warmer weather? (Something fresh but not floral).
    Mugler Cologne

Here are some good summer budget designer scents:

Clinique Happy, Bulgari Aqua, Gendarme, Mugler Cologne (like petruccijc said), or Halston Unbound ($10!)

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Vetiver fan here so no contest. Guerlain Vetiver
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Vetiver fan here so no contest. Guerlain Vetiver
    Me, too. To be fair, I don't remember 212 for sure. But I love Vetiver and wear it often.

Both scents, 212 Men and GV, are the representatives of the chypre family, however, 212 is one of the most synthetic scent and Vetiver is one of the most natural scent I know.
    My choice would be Vetiver, of course.
    Last edited by peevish_yolk; 15th March 2008 at 04:53 PM.
    As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others. Peter Handke

Quote Originally Posted by Xephon23 View Post
    212 (original for men) and Vetiver by Guerlain.

I love both but can only afford one for this spring. Please cast a vote/post and seal my fate!
    To stick with your question, because you've tried the two and like them both:

I personally love Guerlain Vetiver, if you have the maturity to give into it. But to me it's a cold and dry scent. Fall/Winter.

Therefore, for spring, 212. It is very springlike to me. Metallic, grassy, fresh.

Living in a climate with hot summers, once the weather warms, Vetiver doesn't suit. 212 cuts through the warmth like a spring breeze.

And, as for the other recommendations such as Clinique Happy, unless you're under 25, please clog your ears.
    Current wardrobe: Guerlain Vetiver, Terre d'Hermes, Safari, Burberry Weekend, Fahrenheit

Quote Originally Posted by egoscentrick View Post
    And, as for the other recommendations such as Clinique Happy, unless you're under 25, please clog your ears.
    Hey! Well... then again, I am under 25, by 5 years lol. Clinique Happy is one of the last designer scents that I own, I've pretty much sold the rest and bought their niche counterparts. For a budget spring scent, it's very refreshing! I'll go ahead and sorta agree with you egoscentrick, I'd say under 30...
    --------------------------------------
    212 is being considered here, so I naturally assumed under 30, under 25 even lol. Guerlain Vetiver screams 'old man', at least to my nose.
    Last edited by somethinpositiv; 15th March 2008 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost