Code of Conduct

Thread: Leafy figgy ..

Default Leafy figgy ..

Ordered myself a sample of frederic malle Vetiver extraordinaire and Musc Ravanger and just to make the order a bit more value for money got a Diptyque Philosykos sample to go with them.

The musc r wasnt what i was expecting, felt a bit self consious wearing it although, perhaps by chance i got a few woman stopping me asking for directions, time etc,,,, im tempted to buy it for that reason alone! but i think this was more to do with coinsidence than the amazing powers of MR! Maybe when i get more accuired to good fragrances ill come back to it. blunt rose, baby sick... no thats too harsh,, but it wasnt what i was expecting.

The VE was more subtle than i was hoping, im wearing it now and occasionally i get a waft of it evolving through the day its quite nice. Sophisticated but would i spend the money on it, probably not. again somthing id like to try again on my skin. i aboubt this would ever be a compliment getter for me, just a mood lifter.

And i was surprised at the Philosykos, its my current fav. Not smelt anything like it before, a really leafy bitter top note and sweet fig. reminds me of mediterainian holidays and with summer slowly approaching could be a good buy. is their any other good frags similar that i should look for? leafy, figgy or both?

also be interested in trying more Diptyque, any other ones worth an order?

thanks!

Default Re: Leafy figgy ..

Quote Originally Posted by softmatty View Post
    And i was surprised at the Philosykos, its my current fav. Not smelt anything like it before, a really leafy bitter top note and sweet fig. reminds me of mediterainian holidays and with summer slowly approaching could be a good buy. is their any other good frags similar that i should look for? leafy, figgy or both?
    Revelation by "CB i hate perfume" could be worth to try. I tried the absolute version of it: to me it smells like sunny bright thick juicy green leaves. it is not bitter, it's a little sweetened with the honey. When all the green fades away, in the end there is a woody base (which I didn't like). It was also very long lasting.
    Last edited by kdo; 9th March 2008 at 03:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by softmatty View Post
    ....And i was surprised at the Philosykos, its my current fav. Not smelt anything like it before, a really leafy bitter top note and sweet fig. reminds me of mediterainian holidays and with summer slowly approaching could be a good buy. is their any other good frags similar that i should look for? leafy, figgy or both? !
    Welcomewelcome!! And good luck in finding the perfect chick-magnets.

This chick is a fig-lover and my favorite is http://www.basenotes.net/ID10211987.html...closely followed by http://www.basenotes.net/ID26122691.html and http://www.basenotes.net/ID26125631.html.

Tally ho!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Leafy figgy ..

If you've never tried it, you might like original Lagerfeld (now called "Lagerfeld Classic"). Fig and blackcurrent notes, sweet and powdery (like talcum powder).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Micheal Storer's Kadota is a lovely fig frag. OMG!! I need to order my bottle for spring. It's truly a beautiful fragrance the he himself wears. I ordered a sample and it lasted till I washed it off. It stayed true to it's scent throughout the day. It's very soft. Well, I only had a little sample. I would put on way more than what was in the sample lol. The little bit that I had lasted though.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

The new Banana Republic scent for men, Cordovan features a top note that is very sharp and leafy and then immediately afterward a fig note. It's not anywhere near as good as Philosykos, but give it a whirl.

Off-Scenter

If you like "leafy" (i.e. green) scents, you ought to try Diptyque's Virgilio. It's controversial, but you may just like it.

thanks for the suggestions!
    just ordered myself a 50ml bottle of Philosykos, and ill try get samples for the ideas here,

Post Thanks / Like

You might also try these:

Sisley Eau de Campagne - very very green

Jo Malone Wild Fig and Cassis - the green fig dominates

And for a fig note interwoven with other ingredients, you might give Dior Dune or Davidoff's The Good Life a try.

Nice fig scents are also
    Hermès Un jardin en mediterranée
    Miller Harris Figue Amere